Archived From Super to Pfresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vedge

Team Member
I will soon be transferring. My current store is a Super Target, where I mostly work in produce. Soon I'll be transferring to a Pfresh store. Does anyone have any insight as to what the difference will be? Any tips as I start this new position at a new store?

I will soon be transferring. My current store is a Super Target, where I mostly work in produce. Soon I'll be transferring to a Pfresh store. Does anyone have any insight as to what the difference will be? Any tips as I start this new position at a new store?
if you will continue working in food, you will be working all of food. Dry, frozen, dairy, meat and produce are usually all handled by one team.

Is a Super Target one with a Deli and Bakery? I think I saw one near/in Fort Worth TX that was a pretty big store.

5700 Overton Ridge Blvd, Fort Worth, TX might have been the store.

ETA: As I look at pictures online, I see the Super Target across the front of the store.

Last edited:
Basically a pfresh is like a super except on a smaller scale and doesn't have a bakery or deli

As a rule, I would push all of my pro 1 and pro 2 pallets when they arrived on delivery day, by end of day (8hr day)I would push 3-5 pallets of produce and take care of my qmos.
It is key to push most of your pallets or sort them on delivery day. Otherwise pfresh snowballs into a mess of expired stuff, full produce coolers and a bottomless qmos pit.

My market is a pfresh. And we have a super nearby that I talk to semi regularly. We usually share food truck routes. So I see their stuff when I unload ours. Trucks are usually 250 to 350 items total. The super is usually over 1000 from what I can see.

Some main differences:

You will work all of food. All my TM are just consumables. I have a few that I schedule for perishables regularly. But those are 5 hour shifts and they always help with the truck for the last hour or so.

My freezers and coolers are always clear and clean, but you can easily snowball if you don't clear the trucks and backstock every day. I was backroom before, so this is huge with me.

Do your own trash and backstock. Backroom will expect market to take care of their own areas. We push and pull our own caf. (Except the 1 and 5 pulls. We just push. They pull)

There is no time to clean. Try your best though

Hours are tighter. We are a B volume, 30 million plus per year store. But our market is regularly the top performer in the district. We get about 200 hours per week. Its only enough because the team is top notch and I cycle out those who waste time. Your grocery TL will hopefully be like that. I don't try to be a jerk, but I expect people to at least try to do some work. Heh.

We sell everything by the each, no weights. There are lots of things your new store just won't sell.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back