Archived Front End Op Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other issues, well, I hate to step on toes, but I will be glad to see them on lanes again, actually helping.

The GSAs likely won't be on lanes again. All of my store's GSAs are now scheduled for SCO and expected to watch over the lanes while doing that.

The GSAs likely won't be on lanes again. All of my store's GSAs are now scheduled for SCO and expected to watch over the lanes while doing that.
Yeah, I've pretty much been told that unless I'm in cash office, I probably won't touch a lane because I'll be on SCO (and then, depending on their coverage needs, I may be sent to GS). My first line of defense before calling for backup was always to put my SCO person on a lane and watch SCO myself, which means little will change--staffing's been so thin I've been watching SCO for the majority of my shifts anyway. I was never too good to get on a lane and ask my Leader to watch if we were in backup, so if I have to get on a lane, I won't cry about it.

My other concern besides my potential Spot future as a perma-closer is training. We're sitting on a pile of training hours. Time to start using them, if for nothing else than teaching banking procedures, etc.

After the myTime conversion in June the only job code for the front will be “Advocate”. Each store will be expected to have a rotation between SCO, Cashier and Service Desk. Higher volume stores as low as every 30 minutes and lower volume stores 90 minutes - 2 hours.

The current expectation is that all team members are 100% by the end of May and accountability starts in June.

After the myTime conversion in June the only job code for the front will be “Advocate”. Each store will be expected to have a rotation between SCO, Cashier and Service Desk. Higher volume stores as low as every 30 minutes and lower volume stores 90 minutes - 2 hours.

The current expectation is that all team members are 100% by the end of May and accountability starts in June.

Swapping people every 30 minutes at a high volume store?!

Cue people coming up to guest service only to be told by one person to do exchanges/no receipt exchanges and then having to come back with the item or items they want to exchange for only to be dealt with by another person who doesn’t know the situation and have to debunk whatever misinformation they were fed by the previous person.

This is a recipe for low survey scores and frustrated guests. It won’t end well and some cashiers are not equipped to handle this change.

Why am I having visions of the Mad Hatter's tea party, or musical (electric) chairs?

I call ASANTS on moving them around in shifts... At my store we are training the ones that are willing to learn more and the ones with the capabilities of taking on more.

Yeah, don't think the moving people around idea has filtered down to my store. While most of the people at the front could handle it if they all get properly trained, there are a couple who have no business behind the desk. They can check people out and do well at that. Anything else is asking for trouble. We need them to fill out the schedule and we aren't currently hiring for the front end.

I honestly don’t see the issue with giving more TMs supervisor numbers. Sure, new TMs probably shouldn't have them, if only because it prevents them from getting scammed with large fake price matches etc.

But it’s not like they’re not tracking you. They’ll know if you try anything. So just let trusted TMs have it, and *actually* empower them, rather than just talking about it.

Does anyone know if having guest service functions in POS allows a TM a higher threshold to make price adjustments? They are seeing if they can do this at my store until new POS comes out

Does anyone know if having guest service functions in POS allows a TM a higher threshold to make price adjustments? They are seeing if they can do this at my store until new POS comes out
No, only supervisor. There’s not much difference between GS and cashier codings, just NSF payments (I’ve never used that), opening/closing GS registers, and maybe post void* (idk if cashiers can do that).

*not missed payment, everyone can do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back