Archived Front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store is more like 1+10.

They used to tell us to only use the front registers because the back ones hide the lines. This way, walking down the main aisle we can tell we need backup.

Then they took the backup away. And now we use the back lanes to hide the lines

As GSA begging for back up the other day, the LOD told me that everyone was doing midday zone and thus were unavailable for backup. *sigh*

My store is super serious about 1+1. The cashiers are so serious about it that as soon as another person steps in their line, making it 1+2, they press the damn button. How about, look around first, because odds are someone else is open with NO LINE? It creates such a scurry for nothing. I guess it's better than not caring, though.

Anyone else ever press the backup button while shopping as a guest at a different Target? :spiteful:

I've been tempted, but if I don't want them pushing buttons at my store, I won't push theirs. I have been at my own store shopping and gone up and hit the button, though.

I completely ignore requests for back up. 4 cashiers, 1 GSTL, 1 GS, 1 CA, & 2-4 FA+SB (and all of these people go home on time), compared to 2 HL + 1 Elec.

Rg your lod is a smart one!

Stand by all the guests and if one of them complains tell then you requested a backup but the manager denied it. Should be fun watching the lod get his ass chewed out.

"1+1" is the limit to logical reasoning and common sense that most ETLs seem to be able to achieve. Don't dare ask them what "1+2" is, they might need to have an ETL meeting about it!

When people stop responding (and the LOD hasn't told us to stop asking for help), I start calling people out by name over the walkie (works especially well when we need carts). Most people know they can't really say "no" over the walkie unless they have a flatbed of milk out to be put away or they're with a guest (which only works for so long).

If your LOD is telling you to stop calling for help and there is a visible backup, you could seriously work that information up the chain, and eventually he would get the ass chewing of lifetime. District/Group/Region management is BIG on 1+1...

If your LOD is telling you to stop calling for help and there is a visible backup, you could seriously work that information up the chain, and eventually he would get the ass chewing of lifetime. District/Group/Region management is BIG on 1+1...

If we TRULY had to 1+1 at my lower volume store backup would be called ALL THE TIME and I would bet at least 25-50% of the time when the 1-2 people who were actually there to respond were able to get there the line would be fine again. I would know, since when I was salesfloor this happened half the time it seemed like. If my store followed this to the letter I would hate to see what the zones and reshop looked like at the end of the night.

Funny thing is FA is usually empty and GS is empty about half the time as well.

I completely ignore requests for back up. 4 cashiers, 1 GSTL, 1 GS, 1 CA, & 2-4 FA+SB (and all of these people go home on time), compared to 2 HL + 1 Elec.

One of these years, they're going to rotate you to GSTL. One day...

It won't happen. It was discussed twice, once with my current ETL and once with my previous. If it did though, you can rest assured I wouldn't stand in front of RTW with a god damn clipboard. I wish some of you front end people would get rotated to the floor, to flow, or pog team.

Explain to me why it's expected for every other team in the store to help out wherever it's needed, except the front team. They are not even meeting the minimum expectations or a team member.

most of the time at my store we are 1+ 2 sometimes more

Once I had a guest come to me at guest service and practically yell at me telling me we needed more people to the check lanes.

My frist thought was- if this was "the competition" you wouldn't be complaining now would you.

It won't happen. It was discussed twice, once with my current ETL and once with my previous. If it did though, you can rest assured I wouldn't stand in front of RTW with a god damn clipboard. I wish some of you front end people would get rotated to the floor, to flow, or pog team.

Explain to me why it's expected for every other team in the store to help out wherever it's needed, except the front team. They are not even meeting the minimum expectations or a team member.

I dont know what volume store you work at, but I really hope you didn't mean that. In my store, cashiers never get any time just standing around waiting for people.
I have been trained in salesfloor and when you are on salesfloor, you at least have travel time to backroom or even doing pulls arent that physically or mentally hard job.
But when you cashier, you get guests non stop and you have to scan and bag for 8hrs. Just the same job over and over again. You say you want front end to help out stores, try asking cashiers and they would surely love to.
Ask yourself this, would you feel good if spot decides cashiers are going to take half your SF shift and you have to cashier for 4hrs everyday?
Cashiers seriously gotta get more respect. They dont deserve to be spoken lowly.
Just my 2cents.

I dont know what volume store you work at, but I really hope you didn't mean that. In my store, cashiers never get any time just standing around waiting for people.
I have been trained in salesfloor and when you are on salesfloor, you at least have travel time to backroom or even doing pulls arent that physically or mentally hard job.
But when you cashier, you get guests non stop and you have to scan and bag for 8hrs. Just the same job over and over again. You say you want front end to help out stores, try asking cashiers and they would surely love to.
Ask yourself this, would you feel good if spot decides cashiers are going to take half your SF shift and you have to cashier for 4hrs everyday?
Cashiers seriously gotta get more respect. They dont deserve to be spoken lowly.
Just my 2cents.

we've gone rounds about this with him. You won't win. He won't win. if you've read some of his previous posts you can tell that his front end isn't run the best.

I have never stood in front of lanes doing nothing and our front end team always helps out the salefloor. So it's a different situation in every store.

I wasnt trying to win or anything. Sorry if I sounded aggressive. I cashier about 30hours when I'm not in GS or CO. Most of the cashiers in my store love when they can help with reshop or zone, but most of the time, it's too damn busy and we get stuck on lane. I just got moody because no one wants to be on lane, yet cashiers rarely get any recognition.

I wasnt trying to win or anything. Sorry if I sounded aggressive. I cashier about 30hours when I'm not in GS or CO. Most of the cashiers in my store love when they can help with reshop or zone, but most of the time, it's too damn busy and we get stuck on lane. I just got moody because no one wants to be on lane, yet cashiers rarely get any recognition.

i get where you're coming from. I'm a GSTL and it seems like i have to fight fight fight to get my team any recognition and to get a lot of the team to even respect them. It's funny because some of the older TL's think i have the easiest TL job there but if i want a break i have to beg them to come up and watch the front. Makes me laugh every time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back