Archived Frustrated ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not even allowed to make their schedule smh....

From what my ETL-HR said recently nobody should be writing their own schedules anymore. We are setting a lot of schedules right now, too. Asants, of course, but they made it sound like this is the direction T is headed in FWIW. At my store ETLs are looking at the schedule before it's posted and we get some input from them and TLs, but we don't get emails anymore from ETLs with 2 week out schedules. Oh, and they also said that front end specifically needs to drop automatically and that the system should be generating a schedule that will meet business needs.....

Start looking for another job. Those fellow ETLs are toxic AF and sickening that I would call them out to corporate. Because of the team members, the store functions.

Ex-logistics executive (not sure what they call that nowadays). I was noticing the same as you. Dwindling payroll, increased expectations, etc. I went to college for Accounting, Target made me an offer and like any college kid, having a job lined up direct out of college is something you jump right on, so I did it. Loved it for a couple years, because I was basically jumping around different stores helping out. Then I was finally given my store, and reality settled in. I was too involved with the day to day, not enough time to strategize/plan. I would almost always throw the truck, push with the entire team until about 11AM, at which point I was pretty dead. Getting up at 4AM everyday wasn't helping either. Alternating weekends frustrated me, Holiday was kinda fun, but in the end, it was too much. I loved the people I met and worked with, but I was extremely unhappy and constantly stressed out.

How did I get out? Literally started applying to as many job postings as a could from Glassdoor, Zip recruiter, LinkedIn, etc. Finally landed 4 interviews, got offers from 3 (didn't attend the 4th due to accepting a position), and now find myself working at a start-up with now better pay (wasn't when I started, expect a drop in pay since Target basically throws money at you to make it more challenging to leave), benefits, and worklife balance. Above all else, working in my major. Retail wasn't for me, and it definitely sounds like it isn't for you. I highly recommend you start looking elsewhere in your field of study and just apply apply apply. It probably took 2 months for me to finally depart target between applying and interviewing. I would get home from my shift, write up cover letters, and get at it.

Good luck my friend.

Such a shame the management team is making it so miserable to work there. At my store we have wonderful management and they make it fun to come to work. We gripe and laugh all day long. The work expected is truly unrealistic but we do the best we can do. I am only a "expert" but I have never heard anyone talk derogatory about another team member. I am sorry about your situation and it sounds like the store is rotten from the top down.
We had an ETL at my store who fits the derogatory treatment category and Target finally gave him the boot. Work should not be miserable. Work should be fun, looking forward to coming in. Treating your team members with respect goes a long way. They will do more for you than what is asked. It goes a long way. Positive for the whole company to be a success.

Ex-logistics executive (not sure what they call that nowadays). I was noticing the same as you. Dwindling payroll, increased expectations, etc. I went to college for Accounting, Target made me an offer and like any college kid, having a job lined up direct out of college is something you jump right on, so I did it. Loved it for a couple years, because I was basically jumping around different stores helping out. Then I was finally given my store, and reality settled in. I was too involved with the day to day, not enough time to strategize/plan. I would almost always throw the truck, push with the entire team until about 11AM, at which point I was pretty dead. Getting up at 4AM everyday wasn't helping either. Alternating weekends frustrated me, Holiday was kinda fun, but in the end, it was too much. I loved the people I met and worked with, but I was extremely unhappy and constantly stressed out.

How did I get out? Literally started applying to as many job postings as a could from Glassdoor, Zip recruiter, LinkedIn, etc. Finally landed 4 interviews, got offers from 3 (didn't attend the 4th due to accepting a position), and now find myself working at a start-up with now better pay (wasn't when I started, expect a drop in pay since Target basically throws money at you to make it more challenging to leave), benefits, and worklife balance. Above all else, working in my major. Retail wasn't for me, and it definitely sounds like it isn't for you. I highly recommend you start looking elsewhere in your field of study and just apply apply apply. It probably took 2 months for me to finally depart target between applying and interviewing. I would get home from my shift, write up cover letters, and get at it.

Good luck my friend.

Exactly, the workload is unreal and the dwindling payroll is a joke. Log is worse now, they are called ETL-GM now (eneral merchandise) and they own food, backroom, logistics, SFS, flexible, and all hardlines except beauty. Is too much, so of course they send other ETLs to always pick batches, push market etc. Your advice is on point, I think that is what I am going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back