Archived Frustrated with hours I'm being scheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella

Disoriented TM
:wacko:I started just a month ago. When I filled out my availability I was clear I wanted 20 hours. Nothing more, nothing less. I’ve been scheduled 35+ hours every week since I started and have had to go to HR to get this fixed! I’m tired of it being MY responsibility to fix this. Plus, I was hired as a Sales Floor TM and yet spend most of my shift as a cashier! Not happy with this, especially since I’m still expected to have my zoning done on time! Have only been there a short amount of time and am ready to quit! In fact, unless I have a change of heart I will turn in my two week notice today. So frustrated I could scream! I really wanted to work here but I can’t take it!

Did you change your max available hours on eHR? If not, they will schedule you for whatever they need. Guest first is an important (but hellacious) part of the job. If you are the only one going up on a consistent basis, talk to your TL or ETL. If it's that busy, they should understand your zone may take a little longer. Key word there being should.

I had my max available set when I applied and they have completely ignored it! I even had a specific day I couldn't work and they schedule me on that day too! And it isn't just me unfortunately, we all have to go up - why not hire enough cashiers?? If they want us to give good guest services on the floor during "Appy Hour" but keep us at the lanes ....I can't be in two places at one time!

Did you talk to the ETL HR about it?
It could be that they screwed up and your availability was entered in wrong.
If it was a mistake and can be fixed, you might not need to quite.
They will take advantage of you if they think they can get away with it but if you stand up for yourself and have the paperwork to prove it you should be all right.

...If it's that busy, they should understand your zone may take a little longer. Key word there being should.

This. If it's busy and you're backing up a lot, don't stress about your zone not being completely done. Guest come first. MOST ETL's have at least enough common sense to realize you can't get a perfect zone and back up the front end every 10 minutes.

Did you talk to the ETL HR about it?
It could be that they screwed up and your availability was entered in wrong.
If it was a mistake and can be fixed, you might not need to quite.
They will take advantage of you if they think they can get away with it but if you stand up for yourself and have the paperwork to prove it you should be all right.

It was entered correctly - I've spoken with the lead HR person and another HR person about this - twice each! It's entered correctly but apparently they are using some new scheduling system (?) that is doing it wrong.... :huh:

...If it's that busy, they should understand your zone may take a little longer. Key word there being should.

This. If it's busy and you're backing up a lot, don't stress about your zone not being completely done. Guest come first. MOST ETL's have at least enough common sense to realize you can't get a perfect zone and back up the front end every 10 minutes.

Yeah I usually don't stress too much - it's just frustrating is all....because i'm a perfectionist!

have you spoken to your etl & tl's about it too?

yes I have...but they said their hands are tied....the scheduler and HR persons are the ones to handle it and they all know as I've whined every single week! LOL

Unfair scheduled hours day shift

I have been at target over 2 years & get 2-3 day shifts every week. All the sudden another tm became more available & they r getting ALL of day shifts. I've been getting run around for over 2 months now. I've heard every excuse about the scheduling . I've heard the program (is it max?) pulls fairly. Ok why is it suddenly unfair? We'll we missed it. But u just said computer is fair??? I've researched & heard they can prioritize wanting someone on closing anyone know anything that might help????

Very few tms are guaranteed any sort of set schedule. TLs for the most part have one, although most still rotate weekends, and then there are positions that have a somewhat regular schedule by necessity (think instocks, receiving). Really, sales floor and cashiers get the shaft when it comes to any sort of regular schedule. Unfortunately for you, it seems that whoever is making the schedule has taken a shine to that TM that is now getting all the day shifts. Nothing you can really do about it except ask for more day shifts. It doesn't look good to come off as a complainer, especially if you are still getting enough hours. With the rollout of myTime and all the other structure changes this year, don't be surprised if you find the entire sales floor team (including TLs) scheduled for more mids and closing shifts.

I would do like HLM suggested and make sure your availability is accurate.
You can't really fight a case of someone playing favorites but you can put in your bid for hours.
Keep looking for openings, ask for shifts and push for hours.
If they think you don't care it will be easier to ignore you.

My hours are creeping up.... Ack. 20 is about the max that seems to work with the kids needs, and the newest schedule has me down for 24.5. I need the money this month -my ex changed jobs and child support will take a bit to catch up, but ugh.I need my tax refund to buy the pieces to make the home side run smoother....Anyway, I don't want to complain either, I get that isn't good. But things are going to be rough around here.

Thanks sigma7 you are right it did come off as complaining but I was at that point of frustration & being in electronics I miss most if not all of huddle so I wasn't even aware about mytime. I did get it resolved finally!

Thanks sigma7 you are right it did come off as complaining but I was at that point of frustration & being in electronics I miss most if not all of huddle so I wasn't even aware about mytime. I did get it resolved finally!
Good to hear! Glad you got your scheduling issue all worked out.

This was interesting: I've been getting scheduled 31.5-31.75 hours for the past 4 schedules. I had a frank discussion regarding this with my ETL (who does the scheduling) and he insisted he's been scheduling me for 34-36 hours each schedule. So we checked Max. It showed that he had scheduled me for the time but that the posted shifts had each been cut by an hour. As of now, we have no explanation and he manually changed my shifts back to what he had intended them to be. I'm breathing a bit easier tonight on a lot of different levels. It will be even more interesting to see what happens with the next schedule.

Obamacare, Obamacare, Obamacare. There is no other explanation in my opinion. Target is all about saving money and making sure that their executives and top dogs get their piece of the pie. I was told today that the hours won't pick up until after Easter. Pathetic. I work weeknights and weekends and I'm only getting scheduled somewhere between 30 and 33. I was getting 35 to 37 throughout most of 2013. I'd usually come in at 1230pm and stay til somewhere between 8pm and 9pm. Now I'm getting like 1230pm to 7pm or 730pm. Can't even get anything done with stuff like that but oh well. The blame is on Target. I don't want to hear any lazy incompetent backroom team members, POG team, or flow team members cry about not having any tubs or flats because there is butt loads of backstock. And another thing, how can any backstock get done when there is price change that needs to be pulled and let's not forget how I can wind up pulling 19 pallets of it which can take 3 or 4 hours? Can't forget cleaning up the line for the flow team in the morning. I mean seriously, some bubba from flow can't make a sacrifice and come in 30 or 45 minutes earlier on truck days and clear it? You that lazy?

Obamacare, Obamacare, Obamacare. There is no other explanation in my opinion. Target is all about saving money and making sure that their executives and top dogs get their piece of the pie. I was told today that the hours won't pick up until after Easter. Pathetic. I work weeknights and weekends and I'm only getting scheduled somewhere between 30 and 33. I was getting 35 to 37 throughout most of 2013. I'd usually come in at 1230pm and stay til somewhere between 8pm and 9pm. Now I'm getting like 1230pm to 7pm or 730pm. Can't even get anything done with stuff like that but oh well. The blame is on Target. I don't want to hear any lazy incompetent backroom team members, POG team, or flow team members cry about not having any tubs or flats because there is butt loads of backstock. And another thing, how can any backstock get done when there is price change that needs to be pulled and let's not forget how I can wind up pulling 19 pallets of it which can take 3 or 4 hours? Can't forget cleaning up the line for the flow team in the morning. I mean seriously, some bubba from flow can't make a sacrifice and come in 30 or 45 minutes earlier on truck days and clear it? You that lazy?

You do realize that this thread was started in October 2013? I don't think the ACA was affecting hours back then.

How about you offer to come in 30 or 45 minutes earlier to clear it? You that lazy?

I'm going to come off as extremely rude here, but you know what, deal with it. My store's backroom team usually gets a 7 hour shift. 4PM to 11:30PM. That's seven hours, just like you said you got. And you know what? They finish their work. With the exception of the massive amount of backstock that tends to pile up when POG doesn't do it (3 full 3-tiers of hair products lol), I've noticed that backroom tends to get their work done pretty much every night.

I don't know what store you're working at, and nor do I care, because frankly, I'd rather deal with incompetent people who can be trained rather than someone like you, someone who, judging by your posts here, hates on every little thing in their store. Deal with it.

I spent about 90 minutes two weeks ago moving 24 pallets of Coca Cola merchandise from the back side of the line so please do not tell me to just deal with it. When people give me that crap, I would just like to alter reality in which they get to be put in that situation and get to experience the joy of it. I don't think you would be "dealing with it" if you were in that situation. It's easy to say "deal with it" when you aren't the one that is actually in the situation. But anyways, you sound like a wonderful team member with a great personality. I'm sure you get a lot of dates.

I spent about 90 minutes two weeks ago moving 24 pallets of Coca Cola merchandise from the back side of the line so please do not tell me to just deal with it. When people give me that crap, I would just like to alter reality in which they get to be put in that situation and get to experience the joy of it. I don't think you would be "dealing with it" if you were in that situation. It's easy to say "deal with it" when you aren't the one that is actually in the situation. But anyways, you sound like a wonderful team member with a great personality. I'm sure you get a lot of dates.

As I said, if you were so willing to suggest that a flow team or "bubba" (as you so rudely referred to them as) to come in early, then why don't you?

Oh, we're resorting to personal attacks now? That's mature.

At my store, a few of them already come early, so I don't see the big deal. Also if each flow TM brought one flat to the line, there would be too many flats. But I get bitched at if the line isn't set perfectly the night before.

Sound debate and strong personal beliefs are respected here.
Getting personal isn't.

That's great. I had to pull 28 pallets of signing and fixtures for a h&b remodel into 2 storage containers outside in the rain last Thursday. I was schedule for instocks, and my Log etl took me off and told me to do that. I don't care, to most people work is work and complaining about it isn't going to do anything. You can either complain, be miserable and let your leaders see how you aren't willing to make sacrifices, or you can bust ass, show people that you can do anything, and maybe be put up for a leadership role.

I just don't understand how your store isn't getting things backstocked. I understand on price change days, but that's maybe half the week for our store. Most of the time we are scheduled for a 8-3 shift and then someone comes in for 2:30-9. We deal with what is priority, and then usually have an hour left to backstock in the morning and probably 2-3 at night, which is plenty of time to get some work done. I don't understand the gripe with backstock, it isn't fun but it's pretty painless (aside from certain departments like cosmetics/clothing). If you are taking it one flat/tub at a time, keeping to yourself and not bullshitting, you can knock it out pretty fast. Even faster if it's 2-3 people.

It seems like you are the only one that can't adapt and overcome. Change your mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back