Fulfillment being phased out?

that blows. they should

i spent the first three hours of my day today in batches instead of actually running my workcenter lol

Yet they give actual fulfillment TMs 16hrs for the week.. And wonder why there are no supplies nothing is shipped on time and there are 12 open pallets most several days old when you come in for your only actual fulfillment shift of the week. And a full SFS cart of prepped items that when I searched it out, of things that should have went into boxes but somehow didn't make it in the box.. Jebus! :rolleyes: I did eight hours for fulfillment and the other shift was pushing freight since people call out or just don't bother showing up.

Yes 12 open pallets. I left them open.. I have found the only way to get problems fixed is for that problem to affect the numbers for that ETL/TL.. Until then nothing will be done until they are forced to.

My TL hadn't heard anything about all this when I asked. They were not very thrilled with the idea when I mentioned it, either, lol.

Majority of our store is crosstrained, but that doesn't mean they should be trusted with doing any of it in non-"all hands on deck" situations. I can't even get my regular team to scan pallets out, clean/stock boxes, or stack packed boxes correctly (has no one played tetris or jenga before, like wtf?). So, really, I don't want some integrated GM-on-steroids team where they'll throw someone into Ship who was trained for 10min on OPU the one time no one else could do it...sighhhh.

Yup , all of flex knows I will pick up the odd shift for them but like don't expect me to have their training.

Apparently, OPUs went to hell yesterday afternoon, so half the store was called in. I walked in this morning to all of my dry grocery hold locations stuffed to the gills with regular orders. Good thing I didn't have 150 grocery DPCIs in the gun with no place to put them. Oh wait...I did.

Yeah, let's just get rid of fulfillment experts. What could possibly go wrong?

Also, big shout out to whichever moron bagged salads with leaking out of date raw pork. :rolleyes:

Also, big shout out to whichever moron bagged salads with leaking out of date raw pork. :rolleyes:
...what. Has this person never cooked or learned any sort of food safety ever? Like even if they never did the computer training, anyone with even a little bit of life skill would know to 1) check dates, or at the very least, 2) that blood doesn't belong on/near other food.

But yes let's integrate the fulfillment team. It's all same, right?

target should just go full warehouse, and let people order thru the app. lettign people in, making a mess in the store, and have OPU waste time looking thru gobacks, unsorted boxes, sales floor locations is just money and time being wasted. its time to just have everyone stay in the parking lot and wait for their orders to arrive. its time to really compete with amazon. kill walk in store experience. just my 2cent

...what. Has this person never cooked or learned any sort of food safety ever? Like even if they never did the computer training, anyone with even a little bit of life skill would know to 1) check dates, or at the very least, 2) that blood doesn't belong on/near other food.

But yes let's integrate the fulfillment team. It's all same, right?

I work with idiots. I've learned to accept that fact. I have grosser grocery OPU stories. Here's some: you know how potatoes get black and mushy when they go bad? Imagine that getting picked. Seen that. Milk that's so old it has mold in it? Yeah, seen that. Mayo over two months out of date? Yup. Seen that picked. Moldy bread? Sure, why not give that to a guest? Eggs that are so obviously broken the yolks is leaking through the carton and they are also bagged with other products. Yeah, that's my store.

I could go on. Idiots. I work with idiots.

Of course when I go to leadership about this shit and suggest maybe, just maybe, we should restrict who is allowed to pick groceries I'm met with: we need our best TMs picking style. Sigh.

I work with idiots. I've learned to accept that fact. I have grosser grocery OPU stories. Here's some: you know how potatoes get black and mushy when they go bad? Imagine that getting picked. Seen that. Milk that's so old it has mold in it? Yeah, seen that. Mayo over two months out of date? Yup. Seen that picked. Moldy bread? Sure, why not give that to a guest? Eggs that are so obviously broken the yolks is leaking through the carton and they are also bagged with other products. Yeah, that's my store.

I could go on. Idiots. I work with idiots.

Of course when I go to leadership about this shit and suggest maybe, just maybe, we should restrict who is allowed to pick groceries I'm met with: we need our best TMs picking style. Sigh.

Style items won't leak all over everything though....yeah, you definitely work with idiots. My condolences.

Slap an RFID gun in any child's hand and they're good to go. Worst case a guest doesn't have a new swimsuit for another *gasp* few days. Give a guest food that could make them sick? That's a lawsuit. Yikes to their priorities haha.

Yeah, that's another issue. The children hate the RFID guns and mostly refuse to use them. And, when they are forced to scan for something, they do a quick run through and don't give the gun time to do its work.

INFs are green for the year though (by 0.03%), so it's all good, right? SIGH.

The children hate the RFID guns and mostly refuse to use them.
Why...would you hate to use something that makes your job 10x easier? I mean, I rarely use a gun unless I legit can't find an item. But most of my team, the newer kiddos especially, have it glued to their hand. Which is a whole other problem when we only have 3 lol.

Ohhh if we integrate fulfillment into GM we'll lose the guns and finger scanners so much more often, gahhh. I already have to get on people once a week "2 wands are missing this morning", "why was there a scanner left in the breakroom last night?", etcetc. Sighhhh.

I'm from an OPU only store and everyone is trained for fulfillment. I don't see it being reasonable for us to get rid of the fullfillment team. We typically have 2-3 scheduled fulfillment tms throughout the day and the salesfloor is consistently having to get on, tls included.

We didn't have dedicated fullfillment tms almost two years ago and then the salesfloor team would take 2 hour fullfillment shifts.

In my store, I NEVER see team leads or etls picking.
Yeah, this sucks. Your store "leaders" suck.

My ETL spent all of last night pulling OPU, in addition to doing that managing OPU & SFS (though there's not as much micromanaging now that the seasonals are gone). ETLs & TLs (except for SETLs, obviously) are the first the jump into the queues to keep the floor TMs on task. The fact that they had to pull all of us for an hour of our shifts was unusual, but there just weren't that many people scheduled. We must have gotten approval to bring in some extra hours, as we had a couple extra TMs that weren't on the grid.

Saw someone on reddit who's store had a fulfillment huddle about this. They had bonkers details like everyone in GM would do opu and SFS on top of their truck push for specific areas. And that an update might be coming to epick so areas of the store were sectioned out so only TMs in those areas would grab things for those orders?

Guys...I'm sensing major corporate shenanigans incoming if this is true. It makes 0 logical sense, which is why it might actually happen...

Saw someone on reddit who's store had a fulfillment huddle about this. They had bonkers details like everyone in GM would do opu and SFS on top of their truck push for specific areas. And that an update might be coming to epick so areas of the store were sectioned out so only TMs in those areas would grab things for those orders?

Guys...I'm sensing major corporate shenanigans incoming if this is true. It makes 0 logical sense, which is why it might actually happen...

Might? That is down right a order from god.. They always pick the stupid option. That is what they will pick.. Oh well.. I have been looking around to get into something a little less hard on the body.. If this comes down, yeah it's time.

Might? That is down right a order from god
Apparently their SD had 0 specifics or confirmation. Just...truck push done by 8, everyone is responsible for fulfillment, and the app is supposedly maybe changing to reflect store blocks so like 3 TMs will pick one order if they have items from all different departments?

They're rolling out these nonsense changes on a lark. There's no structure in place, no plan, no nothing. So...business as usual I guess...

I honestly cannot see Flex Fulfill getting phased out as a department. It's seriously the fastest growing segment for the corporation itself. Three years ago in my store we had like six full-time experts and after seasonal reductions this year, we'll be sitting at about 25 peeps. I have heard, though, that there is a big push to get regular gm/style/groc cross-trained into it. (Like backing up at the lanes but in OPUs.) If it did get phased out, and departments did their own OPUs, who would do the packing for the SFS portion? The receiving expert? She's busy enough as it is at my store, at least.
truly friend never underestimate the amount of stupid that can will and does come out of the mothership. when you think you have seen the dumbest shit ever Target will take that as a challenge and out do itself.

if we are anything we are consistently out doing ourselves in the amount of stupid shit we are forced to do.

It kind of sounds like reverting to how we used to stock. Having the truck completed by 8 isn’t modernization as one of the biggest pieces is all day stocking. And to come clean by 8, you would have to blitz or wave stock the entire store, just like we used to do. However, if you did that and then moved everyone over to SFS/OPU who was needed and kept those needed for presentation/pricing/etc tasks, it might work. Also, I’ve heard of 1.5 truck sort times, which only works if you have a properly staffed inbound, which hasn’t been the case at a lot of stores.

Wouldn’t it just be Target to put us through all that modernization, just to be like jk.

truly friend never underestimate the amount of stupid that can will and does come out of the mothership. when you think you have seen the dumbest shit ever Target will take that as a challenge and out do itself.

if we are anything we are consistently out doing ourselves in the amount of stupid shit we are forced to do.
Seven years of Bullseye. I'm familiar. 😂
I mean, I could see this potentially working for SFS but definitely not the 90 minute deadlines of OPU. Overall, INF would decrease slightly (especially clothing) but everything else would get worse.

I mean, I could see this potentially working for SFS but definitely not the 90 minute deadlines of OPU.
See, I feel the opposite. We used to have opu do GM tasks when not busy all the time. Order drops, stop what you're doing, go grab the thing(s), go back to what you were doing before. Rinse, repeat. If they scaled the goaltime, or the number of people, or the way batches work then I can see that formula making a comeback just fine.

But Ship? With larger batch sizes, packing to be done, and a strict 4:30 deadline? That ain't a "okay GM peeps do it when you can, make sure truck and 1f1s are done too, tho, alright?" kinda situation lol.

This is gonna be interesting...

Back