Archived Funny Things you hear on the walkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened the other day.
Computerized voice: Team member needs assistance at the time clock.
No response.
Computerized voice: Team member needs assistance at the time clock; second request.
Still no response.
Computerized voice: Team member needs assistance at the time clock; third request.
Random person: ...service level exceeded, who is responding?

This happened Friday sure it's happens in other stores. Will use mike for this team member.
Me: mike come in
Mike: go for mike you can hear an echo
Me: never mind mike
Mike: go for mike am in the bathroom thump thump

Please don't respond if your in the bath room specially if your taking a crap

We just say, it will be a minute, the echo is enough of a clue. I just turn my radio off while in the restroom.

This happened to me many years ago when I first started with Target. I was covering in Softlines for the first time with a brand new ETL-GE. I was zoning Boys, Girls and Infants but upon agreement with said LOD he was going to zone girls so I could concentrate in infants and Boys. Heres how the walkie conversation took place.

LOD: TM in BGI?
Me: Go for BGI...
LOD: Hows your zone going?
Me: It's going well, just about to wrap up.
LOD: I know I told you not to touch Girls, but could you jump in and hit that up?
Me: Awkward silence as I hear the laughter throughout the store from other Team Members and Guests as this all took place on channel one.
LOD: ummmmmmm okay, scratch that...... Whats your location..
Me: ...................

All lanes being used was why the GSTL kept calling off the back up calls, no point to ask if there is nowhere to go.

I am at the point that I just start walking, cause they will keep screaming for back up until I have walked from the back of the store to the front lanes. They will have shut up just about the time I need to ask what lane would they like.

Happens almost daily.

Haha we were just recently training a new STL..... She is amazing, but she had a moment like this the other day when we were busy and she was getting flustered..... She called for all hands on deck to the check lanes.... I as the ETL-GE, I walk out and say to her, where do you want to back-up? All the register are already open.... She turned beat red as she turned around and saw 10 Team Members coming down the main aisle to respond to back-up... LOL

The conversation in my signature is guaranteed to happen at least once a day this time of year.

SeasonalTM: Hey backroom?
Me: Go for backroom
STM: Are you near apparel?
Me: On the floor? Or in the stockroom
STM: stockroom
Me: no, but I can head that way. Whatcha need?
STM: I have a guest looking for (brand) shoe in (color) and (style). Do you have any back there?
Me: ...do you have numbers?
STM: No?
Me: ...

GSA was calling a specific TM for a carry out once when the CA wasn't available.
GSA: HL TM can you come up for a carry out?
HL TM: I can't I'm with a guest.
GSA: HL TM I can see you. You aren't with anyone. Go to 4.

I was dyiiiinnnnnggggg

That's the best. Especially cause I can imagine that in the voice of one of our HL TM's.

This happened the other day.
Computerized voice: Team member needs assistance at the time clock.
No response.
Computerized voice: Team member needs assistance at the time clock; second request.
Still no response.
Computerized voice: Team member needs assistance at the time clock; third request.
Random person: ...service level exceeded, who is responding?

Hell that button doesn't even work at my store.

This time of the year you hear that a lot...

"Toys, you have a call on 2280.."
"Super busy, would you mind asking them what they are looking for and I'll answer if we have it?"
"Do we have...whips?"

"WRONG KIND OF TOY STORE"

I wish I was kidding. lol

The other day, a TM needed an assist on a team lift but then a TL walkied me over so I said I'd be right back. I was gone less than a minute and he walkies me and I say "go for me" and then he goes, "did you forget about me?" I was cracking up. As if I'd ever forget about him. :)

LOD: Hey, salesfloor x, what's your location?
X: I'm currently in the bathroom. I'll be finishing up here soon.
(A few minutes later.)
X: LOD, I am leaving the bathroom.

Me: Hey LOD?
LOD: Yeah whats up?
Me: Go to 2.
LOD: Hey on 2, what do you need?
Me: Ok there is a tire out here in the middle of the parking lot. Do you want it to stay here, or do you want it rolled away.
LOD:.....................................uh.........................a tire?
Me: Yes, a tire.
LOD:............I'm not sure what to do with that.
Me: Okay don't worry about it, I'll take care of it.

Needless to say, that tire's story didn't have a happy ending.

My favorites are when you call for someone by their name and you get this...

Me: Jay come in.
Not Jay: Go for Bruce.
Me: JAY come in.
Still not Jay: Go for Ashley.
Me: Jay I'm looking for Jay.
Nope not Jay: Go for Mark.
LOD: Who are you calling for?
Me: Jay
LOD: Go for the LOD
Me: NO I'M CALLING FOR...
Jay: Go for Jay.

Do people not know their own names? Especially when they don't even sound remotely similar? I know the walkies are shit but damn!

Cart Attendant: Code yellow. Code yellow.
LOD: What's the description?
CA: She has a white shirt and blue jeans.
LOD: Where was she last seen?
CA: Domestics.
LOD: Okay team we need one TM by each exit. Stay with the parents.
CA: She also had a black purse with her.
LOD: .............
LOD: How old is she??
CA: 23.
LOD: Switch to 3.
LOD: (30 seconds later) Cancel Code Yellow. Cancel Code Yellow. Cancel Code Yellow.

So funny our new electronics TM always responds with Rodger in a serious way:

Operator: Electronics call on 2280.
Electronics TM: Rodger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back