Archived G.M. Tone Deaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd share part of the reason Target is so poorly run. Our G.M., who's as lazy and incompetent as they come, finally figured out, 4 months after the fact that team members were feeling confused, wary, and a little angry at the very poorly conducted roll-out of this "new process". I was vocal about the many ways in which these new procedures obviously could not work, and was called into the office, where she attempted to dress me down. Unfortunately for her, she tried to be patronizing, and I'll not have that from a stupid, lazy person, regardless of their title, and let her have it. The great thing is that they're stupid liars, and so I let the office being praised for my work ethic and an apology for 2 insulting
raises in a row. This led her to call the meeting that she should have had months ago if she had any idea how to do her job, with all the staff members present. In this meeting we were told that our "negative attitudes" needed to change, or we could face termination. That's right, this idiot, in essence, said "Be happier or I'll fire you!" She then regaled us with how the Target stock price had never been higher ( no-one in that room besides maybe herself has any stock, so why the hell would we care?) and that profits were up %10 (again,
who cares when the company's slashing your hours and added five times the work?). She then tried to evoke sympathy for herself, and as she's considered a pest and an idiot, no-one feels sorry for her, so we just sat there, patiently waiting for her stupid mouth to close. Please, please tell me that she's an aberration, and that you guys actually have adults running your stores, because it gives me the creeps to think a multi-billion dollar company would hire such developmentally retarded, childish, lazy slobs for such a position...

Just thought I'd share part of the reason Target is so poorly run. Our G.M., who's as lazy and incompetent as they come, finally figured out, 4 months after the fact that team members were feeling confused, wary, and a little angry at the very poorly conducted roll-out of this "new process". I was vocal about the many ways in which these new procedures obviously could not work, and was called into the office, where she attempted to dress me down. Unfortunately for her, she tried to be patronizing, and I'll not have that from a stupid, lazy person, regardless of their title, and let her have it. The great thing is that they're stupid liars, and so I let the office being praised for my work ethic and an apology for 2 insulting
raises in a row. This led her to call the meeting that she should have had months ago if she had any idea how to do her job, with all the staff members present. In this meeting we were told that our "negative attitudes" needed to change, or we could face termination. That's right, this idiot, in essence, said "Be happier or I'll fire you!" She then regaled us with how the Target stock price had never been higher ( no-one in that room besides maybe herself has any stock, so why the hell would we care?) and that profits were up %10 (again,
who cares when the company's slashing your hours and added five times the work?). She then tried to evoke sympathy for herself, and as she's considered a pest and an idiot, no-one feels sorry for her, so we just sat there, patiently waiting for her stupid mouth to close. Please, please tell me that she's an aberration, and that you guys actually have adults running your stores, because it gives me the creeps to think a multi-billion dollar company would hire such developmentally retarded, childish, lazy slobs for such a position...

Do you mean STL or ETL? I'm not sure what a GM is.

Speak no evil, hear no evil. In your post, You repeatedly referred to some you work with as “lazy, stupid, childish, retarted, slob and incompetent” you also have an issue with the fact that your SUPERIOR is making more money than you, and has stock options etc... you also think she doesn’t deserve the position she is in.
You hate this person, you loathe this person and perhaps you are even envious of her.
I don’t want to say you are pathetic or arrogant. Maybe you are what you describe this person as. “lazy, stupid, childish, retarted, slob and incompetent” also jealous and misrable.

Several things about this story don't check out. If this person is really as much of a KoolAid drinker as claimed, why didn't she immediately start performancing you out after the first time you told her the changes are failing? Secondly the way you confronted her and caused her to have this big epiphany also doesn't sound like Target. In my experience, if you storm into any leader's office and "let them have it", they will jump up out of their chair in a fury and end the conversation right there by pointing at the door, shortly followed by a final warning for conduct and a month of 4 hour weeks. One of the quickest ways to cook your goose with a flamethrower is by lighting them up with a raised voice, even if the leader in question has a skin 10 times thicker than average. Most of them seem to have a much thinner skin than you would expect going by how much bread they pull down relative to regular TMs.

There ARE ways to speak truth to power without screwing yourself in the process but this ain't it chief

She then regaled us with how the Target stock price had never been higher
She’s wrong there.
Please, please tell me that she's an aberration, and that you guys actually have adults running your stores, because it gives me the creeps to think a multi-billion dollar company would hire such developmentally retarded, childish, lazy slobs for such a position...
Hate to break it to you, but that seems to be the model...

You lost me there with the use of that phrase.

Actually this entire rant makes *you* look like the idiot.

You should know that there are incompetent people everywhere.... It is up to *you* to find a way to work around that issue, and do your best. Or look elsewhere for a job with a capable boss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back