Archived Gay/ lesbian/ LGBT - any ETLs, STLs, DTLs, or higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuinely curious if anyone has come across any members of the LGBT community in Target leadership. In my district, it would appear everyone is predominately white and predominately straight -- as in, everyone is white and straight, and there are a few Asians mixed in there. What have your experiences been in terms of diversity in the upper ranks? Is everyone getting a fair chance?
Not sure if this person is still with the company, but we used to have an ETL that was gay.

Most of the leaders were white are african-american. I didn't work with any LGBT people as far as I know. I live in the bible belt so coming out is not really accepted, plus you can be fired.

Our VML is a homosexual male, though I don't think most of the store's TM's are aware of that.

It's not that he tries to keep it a secret as far as I am aware, so much as it just doesn't matter.

I don't come up to people and tell them I am straight when introducing myself to them, why should he be expected to tell people he's gay when meeting them, it simply isn't typically relevant to tell people you work with what your orientation is.

I guess if your state doesn't offer any anti-discrimination protection in regards to sexual orientation & for private businesses in particular but that's pretty messed up.
I'm sure they've got laws protecting religious folks against discrimination, tho.

i can at least dreammmmmmmmmm ....

a67388a0gw1f3m3c4c2nmj20ju0qon07.jpg

One of the stores I worked in was called "gay Target" (Oh which Target do you work at? Gay Target) because of the guests and the Team. Lots of gays and trans in all positions except STL. Several languages spoken. Truly an international store. The only problem we ever had with our gay TMs was during Gay Pride because so many TMs wanted the weekend off. The other store I worked in was nearly as sexually diverse, but for some reason it wasn't as openly discussed as the other.

Who gives a flying fuck? All I care about is the store being green and everyone being happy and working together productively.

again, sorry...

I don't *think* any of my ETLs are part of the LGBT community. I mean it's possible, but I don't get into those conversations with them and they've never mentioned it to me, so I don't concern myself with their personal lives.

Who gives a flying fuck? All I care about is the store being green and everyone being happy and working together productively.

again, sorry...

I care. It's just like anything else about a person. What kind of music do you like? What did you do this weekend? What kind of people do you like to fuck?

Don't ask me any questions and I won't tell you any lies.

I care. It's just like anything else about a person. What kind of music do you like? What did you do this weekend? What kind of people do you like to fuck?

I ask the what kind of music do you like question almost without fail because it's something I like to talk about and tends to be one way I gauge people (along with what do you like to read).
The what did you do this weekend only comes in if the ask first and never ever do I ask the last one basically because it doesn't matter.

I ask the what kind of music do you like question almost without fail because it's something I like to talk about and tends to be one way I gauge people (along with what do you like to read).
The what did you do this weekend only comes in if the ask first and never ever do I ask the last one basically because it doesn't matter.

But....what if you think they're attractive?

But....what if you think they're attractive?

Married, now widowed and way too screwed up in the head to even think in that direction.
But that's me personally.

Anyway I tend to make a rule that I didn't fornicate where I made a living after seeing the drama that went down in some the restaurants I managed.

In response to the OP = I can honestly say I have no clue. I know a couple of our ETLs are married because they have been in the store with their spouse and kids but the rest? I don't know. And it isn't something I would ever bring up in conversation. I do know we have a couple of TMs that are gay (not that they flaunt it) and at least one that is transgender. We also have a wide range of ages including minors up to grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back