General Rule of thumb about buying alcohol

Guests can only buy alcohol at the main registers. If that changed, I am not aware of it (which is entirely possible).

Is that so? The only thing different about the service desk that I have noticed is that you can only do an exchange that includes alcohol if you are 21 or over. Since I'm 18, it wouldn't let me do the exchange, but I can regularly sell alcohol just fine. My store might be pretty lax about it, because I regularly check out my ETL's alcoholic purchases before he head out haha.

Oh I get it, because beer isn't a sentient being, and thus can't be held responsible for good or bad things happening.

I have a general question for everyone. Are guests allowed to buy alcohol at Guest Service? I was always told that they couldn't but today, I was told that those rules just changed. Is this just a case of ASANTS?
I've bought alcohol after my shift multiple times at guest services because I was too lazy to wait in line

I got fired last week because I had beer that I purchased while on break from the gas station in a plastic bag in the breakroom fridge. I was a CSP.

NOT TO MENTION THE FACT I HAVE BEEN WORKING AT SEVERAL TARGETS IN TWO DIFFERENT STATES (12 total in four years due to training other employees, etc) AND HAVE PURCHASED BEER FROM TARGET BEFORE AND DID THE SAME THING AND I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THAT.

I got fired last week because I had beer that I purchased while on break from the gas station in a plastic bag in the breakroom fridge. I was a CSP.

NOT TO MENTION THE FACT I HAVE BEEN WORKING AT SEVERAL TARGETS IN TWO DIFFERENT STATES (12 total in four years due to training other employees, etc) AND HAVE PURCHASED BEER FROM TARGET BEFORE AND DID THE SAME THING AND I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THAT.
Because a under age tm could take it.

Back