Get Ready For Safety Vests

Leaders have been wearing them for awhile now ie OPS but now in my DC the trainers and leads are now wearing them as of today.

Get ready folks!

Safety Vests are on the way for all employees 🤣

Why wouldn't you want to wear one?
Because they’re an extra layer of clothing. When it gets hot in the DC it’s miserable. Also they’re kind of redundant
They also currently serve a very inportant purpose, people who are under 90 days in their role have to wear them so everyone knows to watch out because they dont have much experience. If everyone wore them then that would defeat the entire purpose.

They also currently serve a very inportant purpose, people who are under 90 days in their role have to wear them so everyone knows to watch out because they dont have much experience. If everyone wore them then that would defeat the entire purpose.
When vests finally go network wide and everyone is required. NHs and TMs being trained on new equipment will specifically be required to wear orange vests. All other TMs will wear the lime green vest.

So NHs will still be easily identifiable.

When vests finally go network wide and everyone is required. NHs and TMs being trained on new equipment will specifically be required to wear orange vests. All other TMs will wear the lime green vest.

I’ll give Target having new hires wear orange vests because that’s helpful. But having everyone wear vests is so utterly pointless and I don’t care what bs stats they throw out to justify it.

They wear vests at Amazon like this and they have significantly more safety incidents than any other warehouse.

The majority of our near misses for pedestrian traffic is management, office staff, and vendors who haphazardly walk through equipment traffic areas

But having team members especially those on equipment 99% of their shift is silly. It’s not like the warehouses are dark with low visibility

Then it will just be more difficult to notice LWWs and trainers etc. 🤷‍♂️ i would rather everyone wore orange between the two (since half the warehouse is wearing orange right now anyway lololol)

Yeah, if everyone is wearing yellow then finding trainers, leaders, LWWs will be more difficult unless their colors are changed to something else. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yeah, if everyone is wearing yellow then finding trainers, leaders, LWWs will be more difficult unless their colors are changed to something else. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
I was in a bad mood

Last edited:
It’s for safety not identification. I swear this nation is losing common sense or the older people are getting more stupid.
Currently it's for identification. The only 'safety' vests are orange. In fact, my DC just told everyone they need to wear their yellow trainer vests whether they're training or not so they can be IDENTIFIED EASILY.

I am actually surprised not all DCs went safety vest, especially since the PIT Playbook we use specifically states all TMs trained on a new equipment must wear an orange vest for 90 days.

I am actually surprised not all DCs went safety vest, especially since the PIT Playbook we use specifically states all TMs trained on a new equipment must wear an orange vest for 90 days.
Every DC has that. This is talking about everyone wearing a vest permanently no matter how long you have worked there.

Back