Getting fired over a Ps5

No one mentioned the covid first dibs policy when we had a hour before open to buy. Is it still in effect? Might be a loophole.

Depends on whether they wrote you up for breaking the online only rule or the employee purchase rule.

No one mentioned the covid first dibs policy when we had a hour before open to buy. Is it still in effect? Might be a loophole.

Depends on whether they wrote you up for breaking the online only rule or the employee purchase rule.

That hour was for essentials. We wouldn't unlock cases for TMs. Of course, my store being my store, we were more than happy to sell TMs Switches right off the truck then because we take care of our own. PS5s would be a no go though.

While i agreed with him that it is mostly the TLs fault, i just said that it doesnt excuse themselves too. Its a shitty situation and likely the SD meant what they said about not firing the tms but was probably overruled by the DSD or AP. Then he satarted saying names and that im contridicting myself, so forget them. Im going to go play my PS5 now and forget about this conversation.
I started saying names??? Lmao like what. Please go into details

Guys I can tell you what happened and why the OP got fired.

Op saw the green of envy with all the ps5 sitting in the lock up. So he chatted up a few tms and was like im gonna buy one. Im sure the smart tm was like" you need to get an tl/etl permission." OP ran into the tl likely doing unload and wasn't paying attention to what they said. Likely was like "sure buy it on your break" Not realizing what exactly the op asked. Op went to electronics and had a tm ring them up then fucking told everyone and their mom. Ap got wind and bam....

Adios...

Op thought we would take mercy on them but see op you got hired on your own.
The green of envy? Lmao you really are such a character. Crazy how you were there at my store and knew what went down.

Here is the thing , you don’t need to sit at the computer to see this communication. Everyone gets a zebra when they clock in , they use that zebra for everything and with a simply click to the tools they would have seen it. When I was a Tl as I would walk to receiving to set the line I would check my email , monthly planner and what not . There’s means to every way if you care enough to be informed . The situation is shitty but no one can excuse buying a ps5 at self checkout before store opening with a bag a chips and a Gatorade.
You know the realistic thing is that TMs don’t go in myDay everyday to look at new policies. And I didn’t make the excuse of buying a ps5 over food. But good try.

That sucks because you believed the TL since she said it was okay. And all the TMs that bought the ps5 got fired no matter what. I blamed the communication in your store. At my store we were constantly reminded that ps5 and xbox would only be available online and the signs are all over electronics. Been working with Target for years and it’s been a rule of thumb that when it’s a “hot buy item” you gotta make sure you are buying one like you are a customer. When you know it’s too easy and to good to be true to get one, your first instict would be not to do it. nLots of TMs, including TLs have been fired over saving and buying the gaming systems before the store opens.
But yeah just learned from it and move on. Yes it sucks. I think the SD is probably saving their butts because they let it happen and it’s cleared that they sucked at commmunicating so they have to sacrifice the little guys.
Yeah it’s a lesson learned. Thank you

Guys I can tell you what happened and why the OP got fired.

Op saw the green of envy with all the ps5 sitting in the lock up. So he chatted up a few tms and was like im gonna buy one. Im sure the smart tm was like" you need to get an tl/etl permission." OP ran into the tl likely doing unload and wasn't paying attention to what they said. Likely was like "sure buy it on your break" Not realizing what exactly the op asked. Op went to electronics and had a tm ring them up then fucking told everyone and their mom. Ap got wind and bam....

Adios...

Op thought we would take mercy on them but see op you got hired on your own.
Are we reading the same things? You’re feeling some type of way and now you’re making up stuff that never happened???

Dude, you had my sympathies. Both for the situation and because the default reaction was that you should have known the TL was lying and you should never, ever trust a supervisor's instruction, no matter what.

But you have started mouthing off something fierce for no good reason, and you are attacking people, not their words.

Whatever the initial situation was, you are now just bringing hate and discontent on yourself and you are being a jerk to others in your direct personal attacks. They went after your stance and your actions, not after you, but you aren't keeping it to the same level of civility.

I recommend you take a break from the keyboard, let things calm, and come back much later.

Dude, you had my sympathies. Both for the situation and because the default reaction was that you should have known the TL was lying and you should never, ever trust a supervisor's instruction, no matter what.

But you have started mouthing off something fierce for no good reason, and you are attacking people, not their words.

Whatever the initial situation was, you are now just bringing hate and discontent on yourself and you are being a jerk to others in your direct personal attacks. They went after your stance and your actions, not after you, but you aren't keeping it to the same level of civility.

I recommend you take a break from the keyboard, let things calm, and come back much later.
Mouthing off? How am I attacking people and not their words? So I’m physically attacking them I’m guessing. But you don’t want to say anything to the person who’s making up this complete utter lie about my situation and I am a jerk? Okay

Mouthing off? How am I attacking people and not their words? So I’m physically attacking them I’m guessing. But you don’t want to say anything to the person who’s making up this complete utter lie about my situation and I am a jerk? Okay
And thanks I shouldn’t have listened to my supervisor when your comment said something completely different before but that’s okay.

Is it corporate wide policy that regular TMs are to check all communications? Is time given for regular TMs to check all communications because it does detract from the 8 hours of work in a 4 hour shift? Is it easy for TMs to check communications rather than having to fight for computer time? If this is corporate policy, is it being communicated to all stores as an edict in stone, not subject to ASANTS, and corporate is fussy enough on this point to ensure it is being followed?

Finally, is Target at a point where TMs are to take time to check all communications because leadership cannot be trusted? That bothers me, that in this case people are saying to not trust one's supervisor, to go around them and see if the supervisor is lying.
Hmmm

These threads always start out innocent enough and then evolve into the OP becoming defensive and immature. Which kind of reveals why they’re in the situation in the first place.
I guess voicing yourself means that I’m defensive and immature. Thank you haha bc I’m defensive and immature reveals why I got in this situation in the first place.

The green of envy? Lmao you really are such a character. Crazy how you were there at my store and knew what went down.

Im sorry you have yet to give us your theatrical proformance so maybe your lying about the whole thing

Im sorry you have yet to give us your theatrical proformance so maybe your lying about the whole thing
Why would I lie about this? This is something I lost my job over and I’m explaining myself. Then you want to start assuming I’m lying? Cmon

Are we reading the same things? You’re feeling some type of way and now you’re making up stuff that never happened???

I admire that your sticking up for the OP. However, they are NOT the 1st person on this site to get fired for something dumb and then expect us to empathize with them.

Here is the thing , you don’t need to sit at the computer to see this communication. Everyone gets a zebra when they clock in , they use that zebra for everything and with a simply click to the tools they would have seen it. When I was a Tl as I would walk to receiving to set the line I would check my email , monthly planner and what not . There’s means to every way if you care enough to be informed . The situation is shitty but no one can excuse buying a ps5 at self checkout before store opening with a bag a chips and a Gatorade.
I hate to jump in here, but- "everyone gets a zebra when they clock in" ... ASANTS!!! I'm a DBO. I FREQUENTLY go entire shifts without a device or a walkie. I desperately beg other TMs to let me know if they're able to give theirs up to me.

I don't want to get in this whole "who's right" dispute here. Just chiming in to say that it must be nice to be in a store where devices are available.

And I am 100% aware of purchase policies, but I never got an Employee Handbook, either. I made a stink about having to sign docs saying that I did receive one. I was told if I didn't sign, the job offer would be rescinded.

My store kinda sucks in communications of any kind (still NEVER informed of any positive covid cases, other than by the employees themselves, after their quarantine return).

Then tell us the story
Basically I was on SFS that shift. The truck came in at 10pm. Around 2am the inbound TL said over the walkie “hey we received ps5s on the truck if you guys want one, grab one on your break/lunch”. The TL even handed a ps5 to one of the TMs. I thought okay maybe it is okay and I even asked my TL again they said yes go ahead. 2 other TMs and I brought the ps5. An hour later after my shift all of the higher ups started getting in contact with us to bring back the ps5s or it can result to being terminated. We brought them back. They were in inventory and they dropped a day later online with no issues. I came in the next day at 5am thinking everything was fine but my SD fired one of the TMs and that’s when I know I was donezo. I’m just telling my story about what happened to me. I’m not trying to get sympathy or empathy. I’m just talking

Basically I was on SFS that shift. The truck came in at 10pm. Around 2am the inbound TL said over the walkie “hey we received ps5s on the truck if you guys want one, grab one on your break/lunch”. The TL even handed a ps5 to one of the TMs. I thought okay maybe it is okay and I even asked my TL again they said yes go ahead. 2 other TMs and I brought the ps5. An hour later after my shift all of the higher ups started getting in contact with us to bring back the ps5s or it can result to being terminated. We brought them back. They were in inventory and they dropped a day later online with no issues. I came in the next day at 5am thinking everything was fine but my SD fired one of the TMs and that’s when I know I was donezo. I’m just telling my story about what happened to me. I’m not trying to get sympathy or empathy. I’m just talking

Did the tl get fired?

Back