Getting fired over a Ps5

You've got a problem with white cheddar popcorn??? Why are you boycotting it??? What did cheddar ever do to you????

CHEDDAR DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!

Honest question, not sarcasm, have the available supply of zebras increased tremendously in the last 18 months? When I left there were enough for maybe one person out of two, and dead batteries were a problem since the lack of zebras meant they were handed between shifts all day with no recharging.
Limited supply of zebras has been a problem in our store, though in the past few months the supply has improved. Your point about dead batteries is also valid. In my store, at least for Advocate TMs, we haven't been encouraged to spend time reading those MyDay updates or studying the corporate policies when there's vital work to be done. Personally, even though not asked to, I've been reading those updates when I have any downtime between guests and chores, but that doesn't occur all that frequently.

It’s kind of obvious. You’re not even supposed to buy electrics before store opens let alone a PS5. They’re not even supposed to be put on the shelf they are supposed to be held preferably in the AP office and are online only.

communication about this is everywhere. Hell even guest be knowing it’s online only. The fact that anyone thought you could just buy this on break in store is crazy.

I would’ve said you guys can try to place an OPU order when we got them in but at the register? Come on now.

I find this entire story strange. You can’t buy Lysol and you expecting it to be cool buying a PS5 come on now.

Also if you work SFS you guys was clearly told next generation consoles are online only and where they’ll be stage etc. Not buying this story at all.

It is true. My 4 year old PC can play all the latest games because it's so easy to remove the innards and replace them with better. And that doesn't mean pay someone to, it really is that easy to do.

It is true. My 4 year old PC can play all the latest games because it's so easy to remove the innards and replace them with better. And that doesn't mean pay someone to, it really is that easy to do.

Until you want a Sony exclusive, no PC going to help you with that. The series X is the one that makes absolutely no sense to get. All those games are available on PC.

Man this thread is pulling everyone out of the darkness

Not directed at anyone so don't send me hate mail..

This brings up an interesting point, quite aside from the TM ethical questions.

If the supply of these new-and-improved Sony and Nintendo gaming devices is far outstripping supply, why isn't Target able to increase the price charged for these devices ? Why should Target and other retailers basically be subsidizing big profits on the black market by "flippers", instead of raising the price so that fewer "flippers" will be buying these valuable machines simply for arbitrage value?

We see these Sony and Nintendo machines resold on the black market (fleabay et al) for double the MSRP or more. When there's a short supply of stuff like avocados, oranges, strawberries or gasoline relative to demand, prices rise.

I know when there's a natural disaster crisis occurs like a deadly hurricane or the COVID-19 pandemic, government authorities "crack down" on raising prices purportedly because it's "gouging" the consumer on a necessity of life. Although videogamers might not agree, getting the latest gaming system isn't a necessity of life issue, so why can't stores simply raise the price just like a car dealership can charge a "second sticker" on models which are so popular that supply can't meet demand?

I just don't get it. If the prices for these new machines were raised maybe 50%, millions of people would be glad to actually buy a unit in-stock from a reputable dealer than having to wait and search to find a web store or other place which has it in stock. That is called opportunity cost.

I had thought Target was in business to earn a profit, not to act as a charity for black marketeers by selling these limited-supply items below their true market value, empowering black market agents to make a fat quick profit at Target's expense.

This brings up an interesting point, quite aside from the TM ethical questions.

If the supply of these new-and-improved Sony and Nintendo gaming devices is far outstripping supply, why isn't Target able to increase the price charged for these devices ? Why should Target and other retailers basically be subsidizing big profits on the black market by "flippers", instead of raising the price so that fewer "flippers" will be buying these valuable machines simply for arbitrage value?

We see these Sony and Nintendo machines resold on the black market (fleabay et al) for double the MSRP or more. When there's a short supply of stuff like avocados, oranges, strawberries or gasoline relative to demand, prices rise.

I know when there's a natural disaster crisis occurs like a deadly hurricane or the COVID-19 pandemic, government authorities "crack down" on raising prices purportedly because it's "gouging" the consumer on a necessity of life. Although videogamers might not agree, getting the latest gaming system isn't a necessity of life issue, so why can't stores simply raise the price just like a car dealership can charge a "second sticker" on models which are so popular that supply can't meet demand?

I just don't get it. If the prices for these new machines were raised maybe 50%, millions of people would be glad to actually buy a unit in-stock from a reputable dealer than having to wait and search to find a web store or other place which has it in stock. That is called opportunity cost.

I had thought Target was in business to earn a profit, not to act as a charity for black marketeers by selling these limited-supply items below their true market value, empowering black market agents to make a fat quick profit at Target's expense.
Electronics is a little weird when it comes to pricing and sales. Prices are set by the vendor - in this case, Sony. You are not allowed to have sales or change prices before discussing it with the vendor company first. It's why Nintendo seemingly never goes on sale - we're not allowed to change the price without permission, otherwise they'll pull their products and cancel the contract with Target.

It’s kind of obvious. You’re not even supposed to buy electrics before store opens let alone a PS5. They’re not even supposed to be put on the shelf they are supposed to be held preferably in the AP office and are online only.

communication about this is everywhere. Hell even guest be knowing it’s online only. The fact that anyone thought you could just buy this on break in store is crazy.

I would’ve said you guys can try to place an OPU order when we got them in but at the register? Come on now.

I find this entire story strange. You can’t buy Lysol and you expecting it to be cool buying a PS5 come on now.

Also if you work SFS you guys was clearly told next generation consoles are online only and where they’ll be stage etc. Not buying this story at all.
It doesn’t matter if you believe it or not, it’s the truth. Why lie about it? Plus he picked up that sfs shift.

Electronics is a little weird when it comes to pricing and sales. Prices are set by the vendor - in this case, Sony. You are not allowed to have sales or change prices before discussing it with the vendor company first. It's why Nintendo seemingly never goes on sale - we're not allowed to change the price without permission, otherwise they'll pull their products and cancel the contract with Target.

And, consoles are typically sold at a loss by the manufacturers. They want them to go cheap because they make their money off of the games.

Back