Getting more hours from another Target store

Hi there, I'm new here on this forum. I've been working for a little over a year and a half so far mostly in Tech and sometimes in register.

I heard from someone that if your hours are low in your store that sometimes you can head to another store, speak to either their LOD or manager for some possible spare hours and that they might give that to you.

My hours have been cut for some time now, and while looking on Kronos I just don't see any hours being posted from my other co workers here at my store. I just wanted to know if anyone here has had this experience before and if it worked for them and that they were able to get more hours working at another store.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The only time I've ever heard that done is if another store is down enough TMs that they request outside support from nearby stores.
Usually leadership lets us know what store & which areas need help.

Back in the days of yore, TMs were encouraged to be 'global' & learn as many areas as possible; the more areas you were familiar with the easier it was to pick up shifts.
During lean times I hustled for hours so hard they called me the 'Flo Ho'.
Nowadays I just ask the SETL since our cashiers call out so much.

Oh yea. I've walked in and been like. Do you need an extra cash register or a flex runner? But only to my home store.

Back