Archived Getting More Hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on flow been successful in getting more hours? I've heard that flow is being gotten rid of soon, more so then it already is. Is this correct? What's going to happen to those people? We used to have 15 or so doing an unload. Now we have 3. I've consistently gotten 4 hours a week since January and the few other flow people left have been greatly cut down as well.

How to get more hours:
Secrets To Getting As Many Hours As Possible:

1. Don't call out unless absolutely necessary.
  2. Show up for your shift on time and stay your entire shift.
  3. Take only 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch breaks.
  4. Ask to cross train in as many areas as possible.
  5. Make it known no job is below you.
  6. Do your tasks accurately, quickly, and cleanly.
  7. Be friendly and helpful to all guests, TMs, and leadership.
  8. Bring problems and other questionable situations to the attention of leadership, and, when possible, suggest solutions.
  9. When on the clock, stay off your cell phone, unless you are using it to help a guest.
  10. Always be moving on the sales floor or in the backroom.
  11. Don't stand around talking with other TMs or your friends who come into the store unless it is relevant to Target business.
  12. Volunteer to help train new TMs.
  13. Actively participate during store huddles.
  14. If the front end calls for backup, be the first to respond on the walkie and the first to get to a register.
  15. Open up your availability as much as you can.
  16. While at work don't bitch and moan about your job, its tasks, your hours, leadership, fellow TM, guests, or, Target in general. Also, keep complaints about your personal life to a minimum.

Following the above as much as possible, may not get you as many hours as you would like, but will get you as many hours as possible.
Thanks
BoxCutter

Hardlinesmaster coming through with the informative info...only point I'd really contest is "make it known that no job is below you", because ASANTS. I have made it resoundingly clear with my leadership that keys are radioactive and would put my job on the line due to my absentmindedness...they thought that was p. funny but I'm still getting called in for shifts and occasionally asked to stay 8 hours, so yeet!

In regards to #8 I would modify that a bit: Leadership doesn't necessarily like TMs that always bring them problems. They're not going to start looking at you as though you care about the department...they're going to see you as someone who just likes to complain or throw other people under the bus. Bring them solutions, not problems. And when you don't have a solution, you could try asking them "Hey, is there any extra training or a guidebook that talks about xyz? Such and such is wrong with this process and I'd like to learn how to fix it". Right there you've informed them of a problem that doesn't make it THEIR problem. Even if they end up having to do a lot of heavy lifting themselves to get it fixed, it feels better if they're doing it in order to train you on how to fix it in the future rather than you just adding it to their every growing list of things to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back