Archived No Hours, Unemployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hours were cut drastically as have many others, of not everyone. I have a few other income sources so it's not a huge deal but for a few of my fellow TMs it is. Especially when it comes to determining average hours for benefits, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in filing for unemployment or under-employment if such a thing exists.

Along the topic of hours, is this common across the retail business? Or just something "special" to Target? If I'm going 8 months out of the year getting 30 hours a week and 4 months getting 4 hours a week perhaps it's time to find another job with a consistent schedule. Not knowing what and when hours will be and if they'll return makes even looking for another job difficult.

In most states you can get underemployment.

It is normal in retail to have fluctuating schedules for part time employees, and in all walks of retail this is the slow season.

Check with your state to see what qualifies. Some states require that you find another job while getting benefits or make under a certain amount.

in 2008 I got unemployment for 2 years, at that time Obama kept extending it... I also got my severance check for 1 1/2 years on top of that.

Here's how to get started applying for unemployment benefits in your state.
To receive unemployment benefits, you need to file a claim with the unemployment program in the state where you worked.
  • You should contact your state's unemployment insurance program as soon as possible after becoming unemployed. Find your state's program by selecting your state in the box below, and check with them to see if you should file a claim in person, by telephone, or online.
  • Generally, you should file your claim with the state where you worked. If you worked in a state other than the one where you now live or if you worked in multiple states, the state unemployment insurance agency where you now live can provide information about how to file your claim with other states.
  • When you file a claim, you will be asked for certain information, such as addresses and dates of your former employment. To make sure your claim is not delayed, be sure to give complete and correct information.
  • It generally takes two to three weeks after you file your claim to receive your first benefit check. Some states require a one-week waiting period; in other words, you would receive your first payment for the second week of your unemployment claim.

Remember, Modernization is based on the 4 - 4.5 hrs/shift. One shift ends and another one begins as the thought process is as the day goes on, less and less time will be needed to complete the daily task.

My hours were cut drastically as have many others, of not everyone. I have a few other income sources so it's not a huge deal but for a few of my fellow TMs it is. Especially when it comes to determining average hours for benefits, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in filing for unemployment or under-employment if such a thing exists.

Along the topic of hours, is this common across the retail business? Or just something "special" to Target? If I'm going 8 months out of the year getting 30 hours a week and 4 months getting 4 hours a week perhaps it's time to find another job with a consistent schedule. Not knowing what and when hours will be and if they'll return makes even looking for another job difficult.

Find another job if your looking for a consistent schedule. Over the last couple of years, it's been a roller coaster at times.

Remember, Modernization is based on the 4 - 4.5 hrs/shift. One shift ends and another one begins as the thought process is as the day goes on, less and less time will be needed to complete the daily task.

They could save even more time if they backstocked directly off the unload line like they used to. I would much rather leave at 5 hours because we got everything done than leave at 5 hours because it's mandatory (as silly as that sounds).

We would get small trucks done <5 hours. Now? We always hit the 5 hour mark. Somewhat good for hours but you can't go over now, at all, ever.

They could save even more time if they backstocked directly off the unload line like they used to. I would much rather leave at 5 hours because we got everything done than leave at 5 hours because it's mandatory (as silly as that sounds).

We would get small trucks done <5 hours. Now? We always hit the 5 hour mark. Somewhat good for hours but you can't go over now, at all, ever.

Our IMS (inventory management system), does not work correctly. IMO the only reason we got into store modernization/e2e in the first place, to try an manually manipulate the system even though you really can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back