Archived Getting More Redcard Strategy (fishy strategy, should i?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried hyping up the debit version, saying "If you don't want another credit card" and pointing out no fees, no interest. On the sales floor I've gotten people interested, I can see it on their face, but most people say they will either think about it or sign up at home. Very few say they will run to a register to sign up that day and I doubt that half of them actually choose to at the register. At the register, nope, not even a nibble. I've also estimated the savings for that trip, the only time that worked was for the woman buying $400 in home furnishings.

If you can get them interested on the salesfloor, offer to walk them to front yourself and ring them out. They won't have to wait in line and may feel obligated to sign up since you did them a favor.

If you can get them interested on the salesfloor, offer to walk them to front yourself and ring them out. They won't have to wait in line and may feel obligated to sign up since you did them a favor.
A) They often aren't done shopping. Especially with clothing, it's rare that a person gets an item and then walks straight to the register.

B) They are not the only guests on the floor, I have to take care of everyone in my area. True example, I've saved sales when upset guests find me and say I'm the only person they've seen while looking for help in electronics or furniture, and I get them calm and tell them I will have someone meet them in that area. True example, I've often had guests waiting close by for their turn for help, and I've had guests stop me as I walk to meet a guest somewhere. If we (sales floor) aren't there then those guests walk away without buying.

C) I have other duties, such as zoning and reshop, that directly affect guests and guest experience if they are not done. True example, I've often had people shop off my cart because they can't find the size they need and I just haven't had a chance to put that size back on the floor. Me not there means that would have been a lost sale.

A) They often aren't done shopping. Especially with clothing, it's rare that a person gets an item and then walks straight to the register.

B) They are not the only guests on the floor, I have to take care of everyone in my area. True example, I've saved sales when upset guests find me and say I'm the only person they've seen while looking for help in electronics or furniture, and I get them calm and tell them I will have someone meet them in that area. True example, I've often had guests waiting close by for their turn for help, and I've had guests stop me as I walk to meet a guest somewhere. If we (sales floor) aren't there then those guests walk away without buying.

C) I have other duties, such as zoning and reshop, that directly affect guests and guest experience if they are not done. True example, I've often had people shop off my cart because they can't find the size they need and I just haven't had a chance to put that size back on the floor. Me not there means that would have been a lost sale.

It's all a balancing act. If you really want to get more Redcards you'll need to find a way to balance your duties on the floor with closing a Redcard sale. The guests on the floor (and your zone) will certainly survive without you for a bit.

It's all a balancing act. If you really want to get more Redcards you'll need to find a way to balance your duties on the floor with closing a Redcard sale. The guests on the floor (and your zone) will certainly survive without you for a bit.
And if I'm repeatedly leaving the floor to play cashier for a guest I'm pretty sure that leadership will be most upset that I'm not doing what I was told to do.

And if I'm repeatedly leaving the floor to play cashier for a guest I'm pretty sure that leadership will be most upset that I'm not doing what I was told to do.

Again: Find a balance. Don't always leave the floor and spend too much time on the registers. On the flipside: Don't always stay on the floor because you're worried about your zone and the other guests on the floor. At the end of the day, you're still helping a guest.

A guest vs. several guests. Quantity matters. Any cashier can check out a guest and ask about the red card, but checking them out myself means that the store misses the sale of the guests looking for that special item or needing reassurance that the special item actually looks good on them or needs the expensive crib taken out of the back room so they can buy it or simply help in locating the item that is tucked around the corner of a shelf in a 1 foot wide area or needing a problem solved when they want something they can use to wipe down baby toys, knowing the baby is going to eat the chemical residue since everything ends up in a baby's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back