Archived Getting stung by walkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a walkie, but one time I saw this PDA that actually had the pen attachment in the hole at the bottom of the handle.

I don't think I ever saw it again after that day.

Not a walkie, but one time I saw this PDA that actually had the pen attachment in the hole at the bottom of the handle.

I don't think I ever saw it again after that day.

A few months ago, we got a few new PDAs(!) and they came with styli. Last I knew, there is only one stylus left.

This is happening at my store. The ones with the exposed antenna are now covered in pink and black zebra-print duct tape.

I'm not sure how people even lose the stylus, it's attached with a piece of string.
What are they doing with the styluses!?

Our exposed antennas are now covered with scotch tape.

lmao half our walkies are like that, and it happened out of no where too. im not a scientist or anything, but I got zapped after i picked up a rug...idk if that has to do anything with it.

Does anybody know what the radiofrequency of our walkies is, any specs etc.

Yea when you press the talk button it puts more power into the antenna to broadcast. Similar to a wire, if the surface area of contact is small than you have a good chunk of voltage entering the skin at a bottle neck, heating up the contact point.

in the past we also had a constant issue with antennas losing their sheath. It has been a good while since I have seen one though. Maybe its because we have less fat people, maybe we have a good repair center we immediately ship out too, not sure the details.

This happens because when you bend down while the Walkie is not to the side the antenna breaks between your legs and your stomach. Almost done it many times but I catch myself when I feel the antenna, some people probably just don't care and let it break.

This happens because when you bend down while the Walkie is not to the side the antenna breaks between your legs and your stomach. Almost done it many times but I catch myself when I feel the antenna, some people probably just don't care and let it break.
Almost everyone at my store clips them to their back pocket. 🤷‍♀️ Only a handful of Leaders who wear ear pieces clip them in front, and a couple guest advocates when they have a SCO shift.

My store has apparently been not only getting ear pieces for anyone who ask for them, but I guess habitual ignores are handed one and "asked nicely" to wear it.

Almost everyone at my store clips them to their back pocket. 🤷‍♀️ Only a handful of Leaders who wear ear pieces clip them in front, and a couple guest advocates when they have a SCO shift.

I keep mine on a lanyard. I cannot hear the thing clearly at hip level.

Ours used to be like that, until the store started labeling the walkies.
It's hilarious they keep putting labels on walkies and my devices and literally less than 7 days later they're so dulled out you can't read them. What kinda cheap shit is that...receipt ink and paper? LOL Nah it's legit printed out of the hip printer I think. Pathetic.

I mean they always talk about safety but that just shows there not gonna do anything till something big happens but who the fuck waits for that I mean I would hope nothing bad ever happens and just order new walkies for goodness sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back