Archived Getting told to go home early

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone reading this thread, how common is it in your store for a team member to be asked to clock out for the day early by an LOD/ETL?

I don't know about the rest of my store but for flow? Almost never happens. You need a tiny truck that gets finished early and that just doesn't happen very often. All the other workcenters have too much to do that if you're finishing you tasks for the day there's something from yesterday or tomorrow to work on. Or helping another workcenter out.

Only when I get close to overtime. The new thing is just not letting us swap shifts, instead if you can't work you get a day off. Yay for gaps in coverage.

normally we get asked to leave early if we're hurting for hours. I've been asked to go home early Black Friday and some other holiday. And I took it because I made the hour up in the next week.

Only when sales don't match payroll for our store or district. Or if we're way over hours because flow/backroom can never get their job done on time. Some people just say no and stay, because they know they have to be notified of a schedule change at least 24 hours ahead (in California). You may want to look into labor laws in your state.

I've never been told to go home early.
I've been asked to go home early one day, they had asked me to stay because they were expecting a big crowed but they forgot about a major sports thing our team was apart of and it ended up being deader than shit. I said no.

They never asked me to leave early because I got too much done in the time I had, unlike the kids I worked with who spent more time behind the espresso machine updating their facebook statuses.

They try to shave fifteen off close every night. I normally just laugh and tell them to put me out earlier I'm not losing the time.

Never been told to go home early.... I have been asked if you would like to go home early. Ex- It was snowing really hard one day and they said if anyone would like to go home early AKA volunteers you can go home early if you wish. I volunteered because I had public transportation and decided to go home.

We were dead tonight, so I asked the LOD if I could head out.

I saved Spot about five bucks!
beerchug.gif

Only if I'm closing GSA and the paperwork is done and the LOD is ready to go.

But otherwise they know I will always find stuff to stay busy if they let me.

I got a call from my ETL asking me to come in for four hours today instead of eight.. oh look it's the last day of the month... yep.

I got a call from my ETL asking me to come in for four hours today instead of eight.. oh look it's the last day of the month... yep.

Technically, Saturday is the last day of the financial month. So if the store is still overspent on hours it will go on for 3 more days.

Technically, Saturday is the last day of the financial month. So if the store is still overspent on hours it will go on for 3 more days.

Worse. This is only September week four. Next week is September week 5. So we still have 10 more days of this crappy month.

Never been asked, or told, to leave early. However, there are days I would LOVE to leave early.

I asked this same question a few weeks ago. I work flow and for the past month or so our team has finished early on a lot of truck days and we have been told to go home. 6 am team heads out at 9am. It sucks but our TL said our hours will go up heading Into 4th quarter.

ASANTS - However, my store usually cuts hours the last week of the month. They will start with everyone MUST leave at your scheduled time. Then, if that's not enough they will start shaving hours here and there. Our flow team gets cut right along with the rest of the store. Truck pushed or not they are sent out the door ( if we are in a huge hour /payroll crunch) Backroom team ( which I am a part of ) same thing...backstock everywhere ? they don't care . The next week you better watch out cause all of the sudden they expect you to work longer hours and work twice as hard to catch up from the previous week...which means they spend more payroll than allotted which means at the end of that month....we are right back where we started from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back