Archived Gift registry? Pick ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel terrible what am i supposed to do? I'll most likely get fired from what ive read on here oh man!

You aren't going to be fired. People here are being unreasonably harsh. Everyone makes mistakes. If you don't say anything, what happens will be what Nauzhror said. If you do say something, they'll try to see if the order is still able to be pulled up at guest services and they will charge the guest and explain to you how to do it in the future. If it can't be pulled up, they'll groan and tell you how to handle it next time and everyone will move on with their life.

I feel terrible what am i supposed to do? I'll most likely get fired from what ive read on here oh man!
I honestly wouldn't say anything to anyone and hope they don't notice. Just ask for the GSA or GSTL no matter how busy you are

Yep. I would feel bad if I knew a new cashier felt they couldn't come to me with that sort of question because we were "too busy." Believe me, veteran cashiers who have been here for 5 years will call me over no matter how busy to ask me a question they should be able to answer, so you can call me over for a legitimate question anytime.

As far as the line number on the registry, wing it. Most times any line # will work just fine.

I don't believe that. Just because it lets you continue does not mean it removed the right item from the registry, which is what matters.
It does remove the correct item, because the gift receipt is automatically generated for the correct item. If you'll notice, the registries don't have line numbers. I spoke with the CSC about it and they agree that it's a glitch in the system which has no effect on the gift registry.

PLEASE tell your gstl. They can still process the payment in my go and get money for it. It was an honest mistake and you won't be fired. Tell them you hadn't been trained and you tried finding someone for help. How did the guest get the item? Did she get it off the Salesfloor? It should still be in the mygo app, and all someone has to do is hit order compete and the store gets money for it. Until that button is hit, the guest doesn't pay. You'll be in more trouble if they find out you didn't tell them about this later on then if you explain an honest mistake now. Please please please tell someone!

PLEASE tell your gstl. They can still process the payment in my go and get money for it. It was an honest mistake and you won't be fired. Tell them you hadn't been trained and you tried finding someone for help. How did the guest get the item? Did she get it off the Salesfloor? It should still be in the mygo app, and all someone has to do is hit order compete and the store gets money for it. Until that button is hit, the guest doesn't pay. You'll be in more trouble if they find out you didn't tell them about this later on then if you explain an honest mistake now. Please please please tell someone!
Every store is different. The OP might not be fired but The OP risks a write up either way. If this happend at my store the OP would be put on a Final...mistake or not. Right now they have zero chance of Someone finding out, I wouldn't talk not unless your close to ur leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back