Archived Gift registry? Pick ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ive had people come through my lane with 'gift registries' and such and i have no idea what they are and no one has really taught me what to do so what am i supposed to do with those? Also a lady came to me with something she payed for online and was picking it up from the store? and neither she nor i knew what to do and i told her she could leave with her item without scanning anything because i didnt know what to do and she had proof she had payed for it online.. what is that called and what am i supposed to scan or do?

Call your Gstl for additionla details.Normally, you find the barcode on the baby registry, scan it after you rang up everything. Answer the question, update all purchased items, say yes.
Online stuff directed the guest to guest services.

It should have been in your training on where to direct the guest, or at most you should have called the GSA/GSTL to your register.

Online Pickup items are supposed to be handled by Guest Service. Items are brought up to Guest Service once their pickup print out is scanned and its verified for pick up, and the count taken out of the systems. Cashiers are not to conduct store pickups. So, you just conducted a loss. Depending on what the item was and its costs, you could be termed or be put on corrective action.

Gift registries. Scan all items first, then scan the registry bar code. The POS will scan the transaction for the proper registry items. If the transaction has already completed, you can still scan the receipt and put the counts to the registry.

Well, sure, you can also tell it wrong payment, and add it, but I meant that I was unaware of any way to just link an existing receipt to a registry like you can do a missed coupon or discount.

Its been a while. And could have changed or may vary depending on POS permissions. But at one time you could scan the receipt with VCD# input then scan the registry or vice versa. It will then ask to update the registry. And ask for gift receipts.

I don't recall being able to do that on the POS. Worst case scenerio, print out an extra gift receipt and hope the guest remembers to give it to the parents-to-be so they can return it if it's a duplicate.

Hmm, never been aware of anything that worked like that, and I have sup #'s, so not an issue of POS permissions. I've always returned and re-sold the items on the registry. Usually just returned to a gift card and repurchased with same gift card to avoid any issues regarding potential double payments.

The other issue is sometimes it asks for a line number when I scan a registry and select an item. Never gotten a definitive answer as to what to do in that scenario. I usually count down the registry to determine how many items are above it, ie. 1st item listed = line 1, tenth = line 10, but not sure that's what it actually wants.

The other issue is sometimes it asks for a line number when I scan a registry and select an item. Never gotten a definitive answer as to what to do in that scenario. I usually count down the registry to determine how many items are above it, ie. 1st item listed = line 1, tenth = line 10, but not sure that's what it actually wants.

It is. It's a huge pain in the butt.

Interesting, no one at my store is aware of that as far as I know. Seen the GSTL return and resell the items as well in the past.

This is a painful thread, wrought with poor/non-existent training. I'm sorry.

redandkhaki and retail girl have it right. As far as the line number on the registry, wing it. Most times any line # will work just fine. However, I had one a few weeks ago that hung up and wouldn't let me enter any line number, so I had to void the transaction, rering it. Then I did the registry dance off the receipt.

So ive had people come through my lane with 'gift registries' and such and i have no idea what they are and no one has really taught me what to do so what am i supposed to do with those? Also a lady came to me with something she payed for online and was picking it up from the store? and neither she nor i knew what to do and i told her she could leave with her item without scanning anything because i didnt know what to do and she had proof she had payed for it online.. what is that called and what am i supposed to scan or do?
That is merchandise passing. You can be fired and charged with a crime.

You could have caused a honest guest get arrested by your stores AP team. If a guest gets something from the sales floor and.leaves without it being processed that is shoplifting. Nice

As far as the line number on the registry, wing it. Most times any line # will work just fine.

I don't believe that. Just because it lets you continue does not mean it removed the right item from the registry, which is what matters.

You could have caused a honest guest get arrested by your stores AP team. If a guest gets something from the sales floor and.leaves without it being processed that is shoplifting. Nice

It was a mistake. A pretty big mistake, but a mistake no less, and one caused by poor training. Let's take it easy on him.

she had proof she had payed for it though there was a little bar code that i thought i had to scan and it asked if she wanted to return it so i figured that meant she had bought it and she showed me the e mail she got and everything confirming it also it was a very busy day and there were no gstls around and guest service usually sends the guests to all cashiers for mostly everything at my store anyway.. She definitely bought it though it was a little christmas tree.

she had proof she had payed for it though there was a little bar code that i thought i had to scan and it asked if she wanted to return it so i figured that meant she had bought it and she showed me the e mail she got and everything confirming it also it was a very busy day and there were no gstls around and guest service usually sends the guests to all cashiers for mostly everything at my store anyway.. She definitely bought it though it was a little christmas tree.

When they make a Store Pickup purchase, it generates a flexible fulfillment in the store. A backroom TM will pull the item and bring it to Guest Services for the guest to pick up. All of that needs to be processed by Guest Services. So right now that item is sitting in GS waiting to be picked up by the guest.

I feel terrible what am i supposed to do? I'll most likely get fired from what ive read on here oh man!

I feel terrible what am i supposed to do? I'll most likely get fired from what ive read on here oh man!

You won't get fired, no one's likely to even notice. They'll think the guest never came in and will put the item back on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back