Archived Giving rain checks for items that say no rain checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, I just started doing instocks on the weekends at our ULV store and I was told we have until noon being a ULV to finish our scans, so do we still get dinged if I don't get my sub signs scanned in until around noon when I've finished my scans and gone back to print all my signs off? Our rain check effectiveness score bounces between 92/94 percent within the past month, still green with our goal being 90. I just wanted to make sure I'm not hurting our store by not getting my sub signs scanned in until about 12:30 ish on weekends after I've stopped doing floor scans. Also, I echo what's being said on this thread about instocks on weekends, I'm the only one in hardlines and I sometimes get help with softlines but she told me alot of the time she has to hit aisle complete even though she didn't hit it because she didn't have time to complete, anyone else seeing or hearing the same thing done with the task list due to inadequate scheduling?

Just wondering, I just started doing instocks on the weekends at our ULV store and I was told we have until noon being a ULV to finish our scans, so do we still get dinged if I don't get my sub signs scanned in until around noon when I've finished my scans and gone back to print all my signs off? Our rain check effectiveness score bounces between 92/94 percent within the past month, still green with our goal being 90. I just wanted to make sure I'm not hurting our store by not getting my sub signs scanned in until about 12:30 ish on weekends after I've stopped doing floor scans. Also, I echo what's being said on this thread about instocks on weekends, I'm the only one in hardlines and I sometimes get help with softlines but she told me alot of the time she has to hit aisle complete even though she didn't hit it because she didn't have time to complete, anyone else seeing or hearing the same thing done with the task list due to inadequate scheduling?

We make the rainchecks as we go. You have 24 hours to get the subs scanned in before you are dinged. People saying they're complete when they're not are killing our team. We aren't allowed to - my StL looks at the report and says that everyone else is able to complete the list and then raises our # of tasks per hour. I wish you all would be honest so that corporate would finally reevaluate this.

Last edited:
We get the entire store scanned most weekdays but not on weekends. Usually there is only one person scheduled and the rigs get done and a few aisles. We hit "aisle done" for the rest. The instock scanning report will tell you if stores are scanning or just hitting the button.

We make the rainchecks as we go. You have 24 hours to get the subs scanned in before you are dinged. People saying they're complete when they're not are killing our team. We aren't allowed to - my StL looks at the report and says that everyone else is able to complete the list and then raises our # of tasks per hour. I wish you all would be honest so that corporate would finally reevaluate this.

Ok, that's what I've been doing and I do scan all my subs in after I finish. I agree that the weekend and maybe parts of the instocks process in general could use some tweakage. Usually what gets us on weekends are increased guest traffic so we do Vibe our guests the best we can, but it does slow down our scanning rates and it's usually just myself and a softlines tm if she has time. We always complete rigs but don't usually get all of hardlines and softlines scanned every weekend. We try to split it up so that half the store gets scanned on Saturday including all RIGs tasks and then the other half gets scanned on Sundays, so far everyone seems happy with that, since we just don't have the power to scan the whole store with 1 person and sometimes help with tables or RIGs in softlines. I've talked to my tm today about not just hitting aisle complete and we are going to sit down with our ETL-Logistics and our Instocks/Backroom Team Lead about reevaluating the process, especially going into 4th quarter.

We get the entire store scanned most weekdays but not on weekends. Usually there is only one person scheduled and the rigs get done and a few aisles. We hit "aisle done" for the rest. The instock scanning report will tell you if stores are scanning or just hitting the button.

May I ask how you pull up the scanning report? I've dug into the effectiveness report recently, but haven't found the scanning report yet. Thanks in advance researchr!

I don't think this is true...how does your computer know whether or not you have scanned an aisle and nothing needs scanning or if you hit it just to say you were done because you aren't going to do it. The scanning report is based on "aisle done". The PDA/LPDA does not distinguish why or how it is done. Please correct me if I am mistaken because I would love to know that there are ways to get around this.

Because the scanning report tells you how many scans you have completed. When you aren't actually scanning and just clearing the task list then your scans will be lower. Whether you hit aisle done or not is not tracked which is why simply pressing it to clear the list is useless. Don't waste your time.

Because the scanning report tells you how many scans you have completed. When you aren't actually scanning and just clearing the task list then your scans will be lower. Whether you hit aisle done or not is not tracked which is why simply pressing it to clear the list is useless. Don't waste your time.

If you are keeping the store full your scans will be lower, too. I believe that the instocks scan report also records research tasks completed and ptm task completed. Or am I thinking of a different report (the one that I am thinking of also tracks sales floor pathing %)

Curious since you guys might know this. Is there anyway to like gather info about all the dpci' / merchandise tied to one aisle. Ex I need dpcis for all merchandise we have Located in aisle F23 but I don't want to have to like write them all down by hand. Anything on workbench/myHome or using a PDA I can accomplish this.

Easy way, find the pog# & print labels on white sheet of paper. Use the signing computer for that. On workbench, it maybe online planogram, depending on how of the date of the pog. Workbench>Salesfloor>online planograms.

Last edited:
May I ask how you pull up the scanning report? I've dug into the effectiveness report recently, but haven't found the scanning report yet. Thanks in advance researchr!

It is on workbench under store reports, salesfloor, instock team scanning report. There is also an individual scanning report which shows how many scans each team member has. My team lead used to print it on Thursdays to see how close we were to over 10% in Outs with location. I haven't seen it since we went all research. I'm not sure I have access to it.

I don't think this is true...how does your computer know whether or not you have scanned an aisle and nothing needs scanning or if you hit it just to say you were done because you aren't going to do it. The scanning report is based on "aisle done". The PDA/LPDA does not distinguish why or how it is done. Please correct me if I am mistaken because I would love to know that there are ways to get around this.

I don't think you are mistaken. True, the scanning report doesn't know if you have full shelves or not. I would think that if you are truly scanning, you would see number variation.

If you are keeping the store full your scans will be lower, too. I believe that the instocks scan report also records research tasks completed and ptm task completed. Or am I thinking of a different report (the one that I am thinking of also tracks sales floor pathing %)
That's the one. It tells you:
Number of scans
Percentage of scans in RSCH vs standalone
Number of rigs tasked, completed, and the percentage complete by 11
RSCH batches pulled within an hour of dropping
PTMs tasked and percent completed
Percentage of aisles pathed
Number of drastic counts and percent completed

It is on workbench under store reports, salesfloor, instock team scanning report. There is also an individual scanning report which shows how many scans each team member has. My team lead used to print it on Thursdays to see how close we were to over 10% in Outs with location. I haven't seen it since we went all research. I'm not sure I have access to it.

Great, thanks!

Ment to try this a couple days ago. Thanks

As HLM said you can print the labels in store applications, or you can get the line listing from Online Planogram. If OLP is ever down and you still need a line listing - from the store applications label print screen you can hit F11 for the backup line listing and it will print out a nicely formatted line listing.

How is the rain check efft. score counted? If you have too meny your score is red and have a little your score is green?

Yeah, you want a 100% effectiveness score. However, there are only certain areas that add to that effectiveness. And lets say for example (and I know this is incorrect) you do 20 rain checks. Ten in HBA and 10 in infants. You only scan in the 10 in HBA. For whatever reason you'll have 100% RCE despite missing half of them. When I go in tomorrow, I'll find the sheet and print it off. I'm not sure what the areas are that don't count, but I know there are some.

What you are looking for is called the Raincheck Exception Update.

That's the one. It tells you:
Number of scans
Percentage of scans in RSCH vs standalone
Number of rigs tasked, completed, and the percentage complete by 11
RSCH batches pulled within an hour of dropping
PTMs tasked and percent completed
Percentage of aisles pathed
Number of drastic counts and percent completed

Here is what is expected from instocks scans. Gtc's to those members.

How is the rain check efft. score counted? If you have too meny your score is red and have a little your score is green?

Nope. It's based on the percentage of rain checks made by your instocks team versus those made directly at the registers. That forms the base of your score. The rest of the score is how many of your subs are scanned in the same day as they are made.

There's an exact formula available on myperformance if you need it, but you can improve the score without it. I would recommend creating partnership with the morning Electronics TMs and make them your eyes of what needs rainchecks. Teach them to call your team when they sell the last Xbox that's on ad or see that hot new Blu ray is all sold out. Make sure everyone on your team is on the same page regarding scanning the subs in. Work together and help each other out if someone has too many or has to leave. Know what your team calls their batches and print them out to make sure they don't get forgotten. Your scores will improve as your team learns to help and look out for each other.

If you skip a raincheck when prompted in research you are negatively scored. There are exeptions such as softlines tables. Not making rainchecks here does not effect your score. There is a complete list on workbench. Search raincheck exclusion.

If you skip a raincheck when prompted in research you are negatively scored. There are exeptions such as softlines tables. Not making rainchecks here does not effect your score. There is a complete list on workbench. Search raincheck exclusion.
I don't believe this is factored into raincheck effectiveness at all. It may hurt some other score(though I've never seen it in myperformance), but raincheck effectiveness is definitely not affected by ignoring prompts

I don't believe this is factored into raincheck effectiveness at all. It may hurt some other score(though I've never seen it in myperformance), but raincheck effectiveness is definitely not affected by ignoring prompts

There wouldn't be a list of departments that you could ignore the raincheck prompt for without affecting your DTK score if this did not effect your score.

I tried to find the raincheck exclusion list on workbench today and was directed to something that said "ibutton"..raincheck exclusion list. When I clicked on the link I was given a msg that it does not exist. I know it used to because I have a photocopy of it. What the hell is ibutton?

IButton was being before the software update. Same thing happens on workbench, usually leads a dead link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back