Archived Going from ETL to TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been with Target 3yrs. The past year and a half I've been ETLSF/GE. It's a huge job and while I love it, I'm putting in 11-12 hour days with almost no STL appreciation or support other than "just get it done." I work hard and my TLs/TMs love me. I'm looking to go back to school part time, but can't with my current hours.
Have you heard of ETLs asking to go back to TL positions in such cases?

I have no problem transferring. I have had several interviews, but if I can stay incompany with decent pay and hours, I'd prefer it.

Ive been with Target 3yrs. The past year and a half I've been ETLSF/GE. It's a huge job and while I love it, I'm putting in 11-12 hour days with almost no STL appreciation or support other than "just get it done." I work hard and my TLs/TMs love me. I'm looking to go back to school part time, but can't with my current hours.

I've heard of team leads going to team members but not ETLs to team leads.

I had an ETL that demoted to Sr. Team Lead and worked out well. It just so happened that he transferred but I don't know if its a requirement. But might be a good idea if possible to go a different store so you aren't expected to do ETL responsibilities

The only ETL demotions I have seen were either because of a specialty position being cut (ETL-HR to HRTL, ETL-AP to APTL, or back in the day when we had tons of ETL-Food positions such as meat, produce, deli, backery and the company turned them into TL positions, those ETLs were allowed to transfer into the equivalent position) or from ETL to TM (ie having kids and wanting to work part-time). You can ask since the options are quitting or stepping down, so it wouldn't really hurt you.

The only ETL demotions I have seen were either because of a specialty position being cut (ETL-HR to HRTL, ETL-AP to APTL, or back in the day when we had tons of ETL-Food positions such as meat, produce, deli, backery and the company turned them into TL positions, those ETLs were allowed to transfer into the equivalent position) or from ETL to TM (ie having kids and wanting to work part-time). You can ask since the options are quitting or stepping down, so it wouldn't really hurt you.

Most etl hrs we've lost in my group were just reassigned as etl ge or something else

Most etl hrs we've lost in my group were just reassigned as etl ge or something else

Yeah most ETLs given the option would choose to keep their pay but do another position, but some of those old school HR's will take the option to convert to an HRTL if given the choice.

Apparently is is another ASANTS situation: my location - TLs and ETLs were told is is 100% not an option even with a transfer. Therefore we have hard-working TLs and ETLs departing leaving only the ... well, you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back