Archived Going in for Holiday Hiring interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
…lightly treading through here for any tips and tricks to accomplish the interview tomorrow. So, hello to all? Awesome and funny forum here.

Be sincere.
If they ask you a question and you don't know the answer don't try to bullshit your way through, be honest and tell them the truth.
Tell them the truth about when you can work and can't.
Tell them the truth about how much you want the job and how much you want to put into it.
Look them in the eye and don't stammer or slouch.
Show respect and pay attention to details.

Are all these things basic common sense?
Sure.
Is every one of these something I've seen people miss in interviews?
Yep.

...just updated my status; checked my email account and lo, behold; the dreaded "thanks, but no thanks" (more like "unfortunately, we do not have..." auto-replier.

I think I passed the interview well, having retail experience before... had brought up similarities with the previous job and why I had an employment gap. I'd like to advance an important question though; is/was a credit check done during the vetting stage? Much appreciated if this can be answered; I'd elaborate after knowing.

Love how this forum has great insight to all things spot.

Welcome! Dress nice & turn off cell phone.
I dunno if I tried to hard with a striped-red and black polo shirt (those Ecko ones I had in the back of my closet!) paired with sansabelt light tan chinos... bad impression to make wearing similar work-related color clothing?

...just updated my status; checked my email account and lo, behold; the dreaded "thanks, but no thanks" (more like "unfortunately, we do not have..." auto-replier.

I think I passed the interview well, having retail experience before... had brought up similarities with the previous job and why I had an employment gap. I'd like to advance an important question though; is/was a credit check done during the vetting stage? Much appreciated if this can be answered; I'd elaborate after knowing.

I'm pretty certain Spot doesn't do Credit Checks, and if they did, they would have you sign a form authorizing one. Unless you mean a background check, and even that you have to authorize and they only do one after you're offered the job.

I'm pretty certain Spot doesn't do Credit Checks, and if they did, they would have you sign a form authorizing one. Unless you mean a background check, and even that you have to authorize and they only do one after you're offered the job.

Most definitely was focusing on if there was a credit check done; been having gaps in employment and some bills in arrears... had a sinking feeling there was a credit check processed but I recall there wasn't anything in the application process, that I recall, that I did authorize a credit check. Background-wise, I'm good. Thanks for the insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back