Archived Going in tomorrow for a start date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! They're opening a new target in my area and I got a job offer to work there as an HR team member. I'm excited as the position seems interesting to me, though I think their offer may have been under the norm. They offered minimum +.75cents. I accepted due to desperation but is this the normal rate (I have a social science degree, 4 years experience with customer service and some clerical)? They also said they couldn't guarantee my hours (I was looking full time). It is strange to me a place open to works 24 hours a day and is just opening can't guarantee hours. I couldn't even get a minimum range from them. I was just wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to what questions I should be asking them to find out if I can get some sort of answers from them. Also, if I can get any general feedback about the position from someone that would be great! Thanks, guys!

Greetings and Salutations.

Sounds like we need Annie.

Maybe I can give you a little help until Annie can answer: at my store HRTM is an N07 & the pay is $.50 over the base pay (slightly over minimum wage). It sounds like you might have gotten a little extra for your experience. I also have a teaching degree & 5 years of retail management experience--but you will find lots of highly educated, experienced, fantastic people that will be working with you every day (some making less than you!) at Target.

Also, the part about not being guaranteed hours is exactly true. My "standard hours" is 32 per week, but if we are missing payroll I might get a shift or 2 cut. But when we are super busy I might need to borrow a helper for a week or 2 until I can handle things on my own again.

I think HRTM is the best job in the store. Being upbeat & friendly when you are on a deadline to wrap the schedule can be a challenge, but you have a lot of responsibility provide help & information to your team whenever it is needed. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Maybe I can give you a little help until Annie can answer: at my store HRTM is an N07 & the pay is $.50 over the base pay (slightly over minimum wage). It sounds like you might have gotten a little extra for your experience. I also have a teaching degree & 5 years of retail management experience--but you will find lots of highly educated, experienced, fantastic people that will be working with you every day (some making less than you!) at Target.

Also, the part about not being guaranteed hours is exactly true. My "standard hours" is 32 per week, but if we are missing payroll I might get a shift or 2 cut. But when we are super busy I might need to borrow a helper for a week or 2 until I can handle things on my own again.

I think HRTM is the best job in the store. Being upbeat & friendly when you are on a deadline to wrap the schedule can be a challenge, but you have a lot of responsibility provide help & information to your team whenever it is needed. Best of luck!

Thank you for the reply! My team leader and the rest of the people that I met during the job fair were very nice and energetic so I'm hoping the work atmosphere will be worth the low pay. I value that over money anyways. Perhaps too early to tell, but it seems like Target tries hard to hire all pretty dynamic people. I'm excited to get to know the rest of the crew at my store and all of you on here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back