Going overnight. Permanently? Or just during the pandemic?

So! Late last week we were told that GM, Softlines, and market will be going overnight so there would be minimal team members on the floor during the day. Now the reasoning was kinda wish washy but it’s probably because of the pandemic. Now a few TM’s are convinced that this move is permanent. How possible is that? How would the store run if/when things are back to “normal”? No way Target hires double the workforce to keep everyone overnight and have a full day side team right??????

I think that the overnights company wide will be only as long as the pandemic lasts. But I also think this is going to be an opportunity for the higher ups to have a reason to back out of total modernization and go back to dedicated teams to a certain extent.

I think there should be a DBO to the point where they still own the instocks of their area. (Truck/audits/zone/reshop). Then they need to bring back a POG team (which our store is during this not sure if all are.) And a pricing team. Those things would make the workload alot more manageable and give everyone the time to pay attention to detail.

I think that the overnights company wide will be only as long as the pandemic lasts. But I also think this is going to be an opportunity for the higher ups to have a reason to back out of total modernization and go back to dedicated teams to a certain extent.

I think there should be a DBO to the point where they still own the instocks of their area. (Truck/audits/zone/reshop). Then they need to bring back a POG team (which our store is during this not sure if all are.) And a pricing team. Those things would make the workload alot more manageable and give everyone the time to pay attention to detail.
Good happy medium of ownership. Keep the area zoned, filled, signed and help guests.
Leave the heavy lifting -( a.k.a “leave me alone Karen I gotta finish this“. type of task to the experts.

Why are they just now doing this though? I live in a state that’s on the downward trend on the virus. I feel like they should’ve done this a month ago. Switching over everyone overnight just for a A few months seems dumb

I would be so happy to go overnight!! Definitely not a permanent change though

Our store posted that we are creating an overnight team at least until August. Our location opened as a 4 a.m. store and transitioned to 6 a.m. a few months later before modernization was implemented.

Our truck unload, which used to start at 6 a.m., starts when the store closes now. I didn't think I'd like the hours, but I am so much happier doing overnights right now. I still have anxieties related to the pandemic, but my stress level has lowered significantly.

We have a small enough team coming in right now that nobody really gets in anyone else's way. And I'm liking being able to play my own music for myself.

It is so nice to not be around guests, especially after how fed up with people I was getting. I've been with Spot for some time, and I had not ever been rude to a customer but it finally happened two days before overnights started. I actually sassed back at two of them... it appears they did not submit complaints, surprisingly, but I am not sorry. It's just better that I'm not around them right now.

Hours got cut on our next schedule in order to make room for the new overnight team. It’s going to be fun to try to get everything done.

I’m a Triple A store and we are not doing overnights . So I don’t know how small stores can get away with it when my Regional VP said no way

I’m at a ULV (25M Store) and we were allowed a small ON team. But then they scaled our SFS way back so it’s mostly setting POGs at night. And we’re not going ON on May Week 1 anymore.

Hours got cut on our next schedule in order to make room for the new overnight team. It’s going to be fun to try to get everything done.
SD saw the hrs for last week of May and flipped out. More cuts than ever. Just in time for the holiday, graduation, and the beginning of summer. Hold on to your seats in June because it could get wild as they try to recoup the cost of CVD-19.

Our store went from 4am to overnight, and so far it's worked pretty well. I think we had double trucks every day this week and there were only a few uboats of freight last night. Normally, after this many trucks, receiving, the other stockroom and probably the floor would have vehicles everywhere. They pushed one of our trucks last week to this week because we couldn't get caught up with freight, and at one point they shut down SFS (presumably because of INFs & getting behind). It doesn't help that 2/3 of the store fucking transitioned in March & April.

Apparently Spot forgot to give us any extra hours for the extra freight & sales, so we've been at normal April hours, and that's not been near enough, given how much time we have to spend helping guests and on checklanes when the store is open. My ETL indicated we should see a bump in hours for May, so here's hoping.

Well guys. Last week it was announced that we are now going back to dayside Next week haha! Didn’t last long. Few theories why we are going back. From hours are so low they couldn’t keep everyone over night to finally getting masks available so no need for overnight. Kinda weird that we were told “no end in site“ and “possibly until September“.... yesh

As much as I enjoy many aspects of overnight shifts, I am hoping they end soon at my store. It's been a few weeks since I switched and I am starting to feel the effects of shift work sleep disorder; I am tired almost all the time on my days off. I have young kids at home so it's harder to keep the same sleep schedule on weekends as when I work during the week.

Back