Going Overnight

I'm not sure if anything changed since I do work day side now, but last I checked we use U-boats strictly for groceries only. Not sure why but that's just how my store has been doing it. Everything else still goes on pallets.
Gotcha . So no modernization yet there

Let’s just say this week is going to be 10 trucks that’d 3 doubles. So 4th quartet should be very interesting I’m guessing around 13 trucks a week 5 doubles and 1 triple.

Our store is rolling singles, I think if I still worked on the floor or unloading for a triple I'd be screaming

If it is up to the DSD that would explain their store visit this week even though they were just here a two weeks ago.

That’s an unhealthy relationship with your DSD lol. Mine comes a decent amount and ok they’re always super good visits. He just lives close by and enjoys our store.
I guess we can agree to disagree. Why have sd if you need to check visit all the time . Once a month is cool but every other week no so good.

My DSD is in every week checking on things. Sometimes he lets leadership know, other times he sneaks in & out before they know. We are technically w/o an SD right now so I think that is why he is in so much; there haven't been edicts coming down from any of his visits.

Last edited:
I'd love to go overnights, or even just to 4 am. Haven't heard anything about it.

Is this just for stores at a certain level? My store is low-volume, or it was pre-Covid. We do a ton more SFS now; one more truck per week and most of them are Christmas-time-sized. (We're all glad to get one the size of what used to be normal, because it feels small and like we're catching a break.)

We went overnight... lasted a few weeks and then someone decided we should do mornings again but earlier. Then a few weeks after that, one of the dipshits in charge moved the start time to an hour later. Everyone on unload is angry about our start times getting jerked around so much. And of course, nobody gave a flying fuck about what we thought except for our TL, who knew we'd all hate it and tried to plead our case.

Besides now unload moved to 7 am 2 trucks done in 4 hours everyday . Inbound is scheduled only 4.5h just enough to take a break put the skate away close the truck and cya. However what we are trying seems like it might work but no everyone is a fan . Like I said I’ve lost my beast unloader .

How is this new process going?

How is this new process going?
It’s working . First week was tough got a lot of heat from Sd because I had to spend payroll the first 2 days . Then the DSD was there to observe, his input was that it’s a good process for a store that gets singles and not my store with doubles everyday however the Sd chimed in and said I can make it work . Now team is where I needed them to be without me being back there to correct it and i can focus back on plano and salesfloor .

Back