Archived Goodbye Take Charge of Education

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kinda makes sense since only 10% of REDCard holders signed up. Most of the areas where the schools really, really need the money didn't have parents who qualified for the REDCards, so the rich school parents were getting all the money for their schools anyway. I know that's how it was in my city. I donated to the school with the highest percentage of free lunch qualifiers in my public school system and guess how many others were signed up for that school? Not a single other person. They'll still be donating 5% of Target's take to communities so at least that's something.

Not good for PR at all. At this point they aren't even trying to hide that they're cutting costs to put more dough in shareholders' pockets.

Oh well. The schoolchildren aren't as important as Brian's mansion.

I now have even less reason to mention redcards to guests. "Free shipping and 5%" wow sign me up /s

God and to think that was our big push for getting load of parents to sign up for redcards around the back to school rush.

So much for Spot being an important part of the community.
Now they are just like every other big box store.
My wife would be so pissed off right now.

I figured it was coming since they started spitting out those stupid "thanks we gave $1b to schools!" things from the coupon machines. Such a waste of paper.

I'm kinda wowed that 10% of cardholders' 1% = 32m in one year.

*reaches in trashcan and pulls out a thanks! note*
You know I never fully read this thing. It says "thanks! together we raised a billion dollars for education. each time you shopped with us, you helped us give to students and schools."
First of all, don't the teach capitalization in schools? Hmmm, maybe not where Target execs went. The grammar nazi in me is really irked by this.
Second, this is a COMPLETE waste of paper and at my store we are VERY low on this paper. First thing I do at the lane is go steal (what's left) of a roll from another lane's Catalina printer. I quit giving them to guests. I just toss it when they're not looking. I do give them the coupon...when they actually print.
Third, that's a really crappy thing to do---end this program. It was one of the perks of suggesting the redcard.

It kinda makes sense since only 10% of REDCard holders signed up. Most of the areas where the schools really, really need the money didn't have parents who qualified for the REDCards, so the rich school parents were getting all the money for their schools anyway. I know that's how it was in my city. I donated to the school with the highest percentage of free lunch qualifiers in my public school system and guess how many others were signed up for that school? Not a single other person. They'll still be donating 5% of Target's take to communities so at least that's something.

I wanna reiterate this for all those acting like "oh the schools will suffer"

Where it seemed to have the biggest impact was the charter/private schools.
TCOE wasn't just for public schools; any private/parochial/charter school could sign up then inform their parents.
When I was still GSA, I worked with a lot of small charter schools & even was invited to a few back-to-school nights to talk about the red card & TCOE. When several schools were building their websites, they would include their TCOE # for parents when they designated their accounts.
I remember when a parent who was a board member for a parochial school signed the school up for TCOE but, when we were delivering the check to them, the school didn't want to acknowledge it publicly because of Target's support of domestic partners.
They took the money, tho.

With every cut/elimination, they always say they're 'shifting their focus to health & wellness' - a ubiquitous black hole.
Can't wait to see what they do to the TMs' health plans NEXT year.

What exactly are you reinterating? The article said they are shifting their focus to health and wellness.*

*Ironic since they cut the part time health insurance a couple years back.

Im reiterating that it was mostly upperclass schools getting money sinve thats eho got the redcards

With every cut/elimination, they always say they're 'shifting their focus to health & wellness' - a ubiquitous black hole.
Can't wait to see what they do to the TMs' health plans NEXT year.
Nice wording they use. They actually mean "we're shifting our focus to see how we can cut health and wellness even more. Daddy needs a brand new Jet!"

WTG....... WTG....... :rolleyes::rolleyes: * sarcasm* My ETL actually gets excited over Take Charge of Education. Ashame they have to cut it now........ Soon it'll be you want to sign up for a red card? You get free shipping! That's it?? Yep that's it. Save 5 percent? Yep that's gone too.....

Maybe the new RedCard promotion will have guests saving 10% with the RC?

They actually used to do that back in the day because my mom had the target card back when dayton hudson owned it so ya that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back