Archived Got tricked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been quite some time since we have hired anyone directly into a task team position. We had many complaints from cashiers, sales floor, and flow team members that when task team positions opened nobody was given the opportunity to interview.

It's hard to say how your interview went, what you were lead to believe, and how that did or didn't factor into what your hire-on position became, but as I said, it's not quite regular that newly hired team members are put directly into a task team where job duties are measured with a specific critique that other jobs may not be. I just wonder why the interviewing ETL was talking to you about bringing you on board for such a position.
At my store we have interviewed new hires for pricing, plano etc. I assume it varies store by store.

I wouldn't be discussing positions or salary with other team members. There could be good reason why those cashiers weren't asked to work on the floor. You don't wa to be known as the one causing the uprising.
If I were you, or if I were any new team member, I would stand back and not make waves with anyone.. Much better off that way.
And if I recall, until your 90 day, you are considered seasonal and can be let go. Target does not like when new tm's, or any team members say things like - that's not fair..
Go with the flow or you won't be happy. It's hard enough being happy when you go with the flow.. Almost impossible if you don't.

I wouldn't be discussing positions or salary with other team members. There could be good reason why those cashiers weren't asked to work on the floor. You don't wa to be known as the one causing the uprising.
If I were you, or if I were any new team member, I would stand back and not make waves with anyone.. Much better off that way.
And if I recall, until your 90 day, you are considered seasonal and can be let go. Target does not like when new tm's, or any team members say things like - that's not fair..
Go with the flow or you won't be happy. It's hard enough being happy when you go with the flow.. Almost impossible if you don't.

Not a criticism of the post, which I find to be relatively true, but doesn't it sound like a police state? Don't talk. Don't make waves. Don't point out what's wrong.

I find it very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back