Archived great leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the time we talk about the crap leaders and team members but what about the good. so i hear buy declare this a great leader thread! please feel free to share the greatness here.

so mine would go out to my logistics team leader. she is the freaking awsome. she has talked me out walking out a couple of times and im glade she did. she gose above and beyond for everybody. also my gsa who can defusse any issue ever. spread the love :)

My ETL Food in my previous store. Kept things fun. Knew how to say thank you and job well done. If something did not go right he would actually take the time to work with you and show you how another way might work better. On visits he would give the credit to his team, in front of the DTL. He was not above working pulls when needed or jumping on a lane. His focus was always to make you better not bitter. I miss him a lot. He was the type of boss you were lucky to have.

We had an ETL who was much like the one above.
Because he WAS so good, he got yanked & sent to a 'problem' store. I heard later that he quit Target altogether.

Almost all the leaders at my store are awesome ! Just a couple who are always serious about work but the rest are fun to work with, help whenever u need it , respond fast and have positive attitudes. Honestly the only reason i'm still at target is because the team is great.. Even the STL. He is always helping out and everyone likes him. He's always smiling and has a positive attitude!! There are a few team members who I don't like working with but the majority of my team are great! Being nice to people goes a LONG way. Even saying have a good night/ day to team members / leaders makes a difference! Spread the love target team!

My original STL and ETL-GE. I kept in touch with both after I transferred, and they were both extremely helpful mentors!

My PTL would bake cookies for the team, worked right with us, did everything she could to keep the dreck from above off of us, and supported us in many other ways.
She started a lending library in the breakroom where people could donate books and take ones they wanted to read.
She volunteered to keep track of the recycling program.
Every week she walked off the projects I was working on and asked what I needed to make things work.
When I got overloaded she would help set signing.

Of course, she didn't fit into the clique (way too smart, tattooed, D&D playing) and they started to write her up for no good reason.
She got another job just before they fired her.

My previous GE cared so much about her team to this day she still texts me everyday with a motivational textvor picture today she sent a hunger games pic and said may the Redcard odds be ever in your favor.

I don't really have bad ETLs. I like when the stl is on the floor pushing, reshopping, zoning. The ETLs do that stuff, too, but there's something oddly satisfying about seeing the guy who gets paid the big bucks getting down and dirty with us $8.50 peons. And they're always thankful when you excel at something. I appreciate that, because at previous jobs I've wondered if my work that went beyond expectations had just gone unnoticed. I swear my sections in the library were flawfree!

ETL AP in my store is probably my favorite leader in the store. She does such a good job, and puts up with all of my crap.

I don't really have bad ETLs. I like when the stl is on the floor pushing, reshopping, zoning. The ETLs do that stuff, too, but there's something oddly satisfying about seeing the guy who gets paid the big bucks getting down and dirty with us $8.50 peons. And they're always thankful when you excel at something. I appreciate that, because at previous jobs I've wondered if my work that went beyond expectations had just gone unnoticed. I swear my sections in the library were flawfree!

You have an STL like mine. My STL goes around zoning clearance, pushing clearance, and doing back-up. It's so weird to be waiting in line and seeing her there. None of the other ETLs do it. It's kind of like seeing a unicorn. You have to keep looking to make sure it's actually there and not a hallucination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back