Archived Greetings from America's Dairyland!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Spots,

I've been with Target since June 2013 and I'm currently a, yep you guessed it, Flow TM. When I first started Target I was Seasonal for BTS/BTC and I guessed my leadership team liked me and offered me to stay on. I used to love Target because of the the O/N process..we could SUCCESSFULLY complete a double and still enough time to bust through half of the FDC truck. Now, I dread getting up to go to work at 4am. We get these crazy 2800 piece trucks and not enough hours allotted to Flow to even complete the truck. We average about 23 TMs coming - 5 BR, 2 SL, 2 Repacks, 2 Pulls, 1 ELEC, 2 HBA Repacks, 9 Wave. Long story short, it sucks now because all my TL do now is yell at us and walk around chatting instead of actually helping us especially on SW&F when we get FDC on top of a 2800 piece RDC. Anyway, after I discovered TBR about 2 weeks ago and has been reading around on the forum.. I've decided to create an account.. After hearing some of your stories and stuff, I walked into Target with a brand new attitude.. even my leadership team noticed the change..even the ones I don't like and they know I don't like them saying "keep up the good work." Lol. Most of my team dislike me because my ETL LOG & STL apparently favors me and that we apparently have a personal relationship because we joke around all the time. Everyone says I should've been fired because I have 3 CAs --1 for NCNS, a final 1 for Safety (I was car surfing on Target's premises while not even on the clock lol) and a final 1 for conduct (got into a yelling match with my TL lol)-- and a dozen of coachings. But after discovering this forum.. something changed the way I view working at Target.

Btw.. if anyone here got any suggestions on how we can improve our Flow process please enlighten me. Our goal is to be done with just an RDC by 8:30 and an RDC+FDC by 9:30. We've had other ETLs from other stores come observe us but hadn't actually given us ideas..except for doing the repacks.. separating them on the line and separating our HBA freight into carts instead of onto pallets.. saved us an hour or so. Apparently our store does things differently than others.

Warning: Tons of grammatical errors. :)

Welcome.
Talk about starting off with a bang.
The folks in flow should be around soon to offer up sage advice.

Hey Spots,

I've been with Target since June 2013 and I'm currently a, yep you guessed it, Flow TM. When I first started Target I was Seasonal for BTS/BTC and I guessed my leadership team liked me and offered me to stay on. I used to love Target because of the the O/N process..we could SUCCESSFULLY complete a double and still enough time to bust through half of the FDC truck. Now, I dread getting up to go to work at 4am. We get these crazy 2800 piece trucks and not enough hours allotted to Flow to even complete the truck. We average about 23 TMs coming - 5 BR, 2 SL, 2 Repacks, 2 Pulls, 1 ELEC, 2 HBA Repacks, 9 Wave. Long story short, it sucks now because all my TL do now is yell at us and walk around chatting instead of actually helping us especially on SW&F when we get FDC on top of a 2800 piece RDC. Anyway, after I discovered TBR about 2 weeks ago and has been reading around on the forum.. I've decided to create an account.. After hearing some of your stories and stuff, I walked into Target with a brand new attitude.. even my leadership team noticed the change..even the ones I don't like and they know I don't like them saying "keep up the good work." Lol. Most of my team dislike me because my ETL LOG & STL apparently favors me and that we apparently have a personal relationship because we joke around all the time. Everyone says I should've been fired because I have 3 CAs --1 for NCNS, a final 1 for Safety (I was car surfing on Target's premises while not even on the clock lol) and a final 1 for conduct (got into a yelling match with my TL lol)-- and a dozen of coachings. But after discovering this forum.. something changed the way I view working at Target.

Btw.. if anyone here got any suggestions on how we can improve our Flow process please enlighten me. Our goal is to be done with just an RDC by 8:30 and an RDC+FDC by 9:30. We've had other ETLs from other stores come observe us but hadn't actually given us ideas..except for doing the repacks.. separating them on the line and separating our HBA freight into carts instead of onto pallets.. saved us an hour or so. Apparently our store does things differently than others.

Warning: Tons of grammatical errors. :)

Welcome..
Ok so being honest here with your teams goal of being done by 8:30 with only 18 flow team members is pretty much impossible, especially with a 2800 piece truck. Your only giving yourself 4 1/2 hours to get done. So first off you need more people 15-16 people on the line to unload and a couple of pallet pullers is minimum to get done in an hour for unload, that is key first off. You didn't mention how long the unload takes, is it an hour or more? If its more that needs to be worked on, longer the unload less time to get done, obviously.
You do show you have basically 6 people on the repacks, 2 hba, 2 pulls, 2 repacks. Something we do at my store is 1 person pretty much breaks out everything while the unload is going on, essentially they just bounce from area to area, but say Hba is priority. Unload finishes then we have 2-3 more people go work on the repacks while the 1 break out person moves to next section. Once all is broke out they jump in and help, now this person has to be quick otherwise this doesn't work. This would give you 2-3 more people on the wave.
Hope this kind of helps put in the right direction. A good goal time to be done is by lunch so 9:45 ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back