Greetings!

lokinix

Tech After Dark
Howdy! I figured I'd drop in and say hi! I was hired as a seasonal team member. I started Wednesday with my orientation and my first training shift is on Saturday! I was hired for flex, but I will be doing GM (availability goes better with them, so I was told). I work another job FT, so this is just extra for me for the money and something to do with my time.

Do you have any tips or what not? Since orientation, I have been writing a list of questions for Saturday - so I am hoping I can get some of them answered.

I was wondering, I heard that everyone could get trained as a cashier in addition to their main job (it's helpful when they call for back up, right?) and I was wondering if that is something I should ask about? I don't know if it would come off as trying to do "too much"

I know hours can be spotty and that there seems to be a lot of shifts posted for cashier on the time app - I just didn't know if it would be in my best interest to ask about it, or if I should ask about more hours? My first full week I am at 18, but the schedule just came out for the end of the month, and I am only at 12.

Again, Hi! :)

Hello! Welcome to The Break Room and Target.

Don't worry about hours right now, especially if it's your second job. Target likes to start people out slowly to see if thye can handle it and to minimize gaps when people inevitably bounce after a couple of days.

As for cashiering, yes, everyone has to get trained eventually. You could be proactive and ask to be trained yourself, but for the love of Bullseye why the fuck would you want to do that? Backing up just detracts from your own work and you really don't get bonus points for being on a register as GM. Milk not being register trained as long as you can as GM. There will be plenty of hours next month.

Thanks! I worked at Target about 10-13 years ago, and I remember getting cashier trained, one for electronics that I was in at the time, and to pick up extra shifts - but I was trying to be FT at the time. Figured I would ask! I worked a cashier off and on for about five years between different jobs, so it doesn't bother me - but I appreciate the info!

In my store we have every new hire cashier training first day and flex training 2nd day. Not every store is the same but you will find out your training schedule at orientation. Good luck, hours will probably stop being an issue soon.

In my store we have every new hire cashier training first day and flex training 2nd day. Not every store is the same but you will find out your training schedule at orientation. Good luck, hours will probably stop being an issue soon.
I have my schedule until 10/30, I am at 12 week one, 18 week two and 12 week three. I have open availability on the weekends, so I am surprised they didn't schedule me on the weekends on week #3, I plan to ask about it because they moved me from Flex to GM, before my first full day even happened.

I have my schedule until 10/30, I am at 12 week one, 18 week two and 12 week three. I have open availability on the weekends, so I am surprised they didn't schedule me on the weekends on week #3, I plan to ask about it because they moved me from Flex to GM, before my first full day even happened.
Yeah wasnt saying what days you are working just what you are doing and who you are training with. Only reason they would skip training cashier/ flex and just throwing you to gm is that they are desperate.

Yeah wasnt saying what days you are working just what you are doing and who you are training with. Only reason they would skip training cashier/ flex and just throwing you to gm is that they are desperate.
Got it. I wasn't generalizing 😀 it's something I'm sure I'll ask tomorrow.

Back