Archived Grocery rollout custom blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically it is possible for the process to work, but again it completely depends on your STLs "idea" of what it should look like and/or whoever is doing your store's payroll allocation. The secret to "logistics" success is a micromanagement of payroll since its so tight as is, so when they start pulling payroll out of one workcenter and moving it to another they need to know realistically how much payroll it should take to do certain jobs and assign those duties to the team...

For example, ours pulled hours out of Unload and into Market, but didn't pull enough to get the FDC worked as well (so they struggled to figure out whether or not to run dairy or dry first).

I personally want to tackle it as a pilot again (but I suppose the live version would do) but I would highly recommend doing a mock schedule in excel if I were the STL and figure out EXACTLY who is doing what and how many hours each job should take before just swinging hundreds of hours between workcenters around.
Did you guys hire new team members or gut the LOG team?

We have a very short line for unload, with six UBoats on the line and a flat for cereal and beverage.

Keep in mind we get GM every day sans Sunday
Refridge every day and Freezer Sat,Sun,Tues, Thurs
We usually have 200 cases in dry Monday and closer to 500 as the week progresses. FDC is around 450 with both freezer and Refridgerated.

On triple truck days with FDC coming in at 4 am

2 TM's start pulling freezer (1 unloads trailer)

5AM three more TM's come in and start pushing Autofills

6AM "hopefully" all autofills are pulled and everyone is pushing in dry with focus being on getting coffee, cereal and beverage done since they are heaviest and to finish before vendors start showing up to fill soda

PA also shows up and begins culling and takes care of any produce pallets as the day goes on

8AM Team should be wrapping up dry and moving on to Autofills in the coolers

Tricky part is transitioning between dry and FDC because people begin going on break/lunch and some TM's become lost as to what to do next.o_O

We try having everything broken down no later than 9:30 AM when we get both freezer and Refridge accounting 30 minutes per pallet, per person to break down.

*push push push* by 11 Am one or two people begin backstocking coolers if no one has been doing so as they go.

12:30 All push and backstock should be done.

Meanwhile: Backroom has been doing the dry grocery backstock because we never have the time. :(

In general how many hours does the consumable team get? (A volume.) What does a typical schedule look like? Does the team get pulled to other work centers?
What has been the biggest challenge? Is your team able to finish push and backstock completely everyday? (Including coolers)
I'm pretty sure my store is A volume, and we have 2 PAs scheduled every day, one 8-3 and one 4-11. Hours are critically low this time of year so during busier times there is usually a small amount of overlap between the two shifts. PAs are exempt from everything else-- they don't push tubs, they don't go up for code (except when we are desperate). My PAs (and our team in general) are great and they always finish push. They don't have to do their own backstock though (ASANTS?), and the flow team takes care of pushing the produce truck and are supposed to do the autofills in the morning too. I'm the CTL and when I first started I was being made to have one PA shift a week and during that time they wouldn't always push the autofills in the morning and it was a stretch to be able to get everything done in time before mid-day zones. I talked it out with ETL salesfloor and the logistics TL and it's now sort of a rule that flow has to push truck/autos.

I guess maybe the biggest struggle for all stores is just communication within departments-- everyone always feels like their department is getting the short straw, and no one works as hard as they do blah blah. We are all working hard, it's just hard for us to do things "right" in the eyes of others when we all disagree on what "right" is.
My PAs are constantly frustrated by the flow team- not pushing things to dual locations, not FIFOing, not monarching- but it's hard to get them to care about those things when flow is all about speed speed speed. /shrug, I guess.

I was wondering if I could just keep beverage on a pallet and bowl it, then have grocery team work it before the store opens.
As suggested in the rollout guide, we load these large items on pallets then work them before the store is open. Bowling is a waste of time. We separate beverage pallets by aisle. Have a jack handy so the pallet can be worked as a uboat would be....work merchandise for one end from pallet, move pallet to next section and so on. Save steps.

Oh shit knowing target they will roll it out the week of April 9th one week before Easter. The busiest week lol.
Rolled out in our store in October! Not only was it 4 quarter but also our inventory month. Excellent timing. Right into the fire!

We have a very short line for unload, with six UBoats on the line and a flat for cereal and beverage.

Keep in mind we get GM every day sans Sunday
Refridge every day and Freezer Sat,Sun,Tues, Thurs
We usually have 200 cases in dry Monday and closer to 500 as the week progresses. FDC is around 450 with both freezer and Refridgerated.

Very similar to how my store does it.

Typically our day goes like this assuming the FDC truck comes in by 6 am at the LATEST:

4AM: 2-3 TMs pull Autofills (Usually includes 1 PA and CTL)
5AM: 2 more TMs come in to push autofills
(Approximately by this time the FDC truck shows up)
Bowl out freezer to the aisles and have everybody stop what they're doing to get that pushed ASAP.
6AM PA shows up: Helps push freezer or starts pushing produce racks & cull

Freezer is usually done by 730 and everyone then starts dry U-boats.

Dry U-boats are done by 9:30/10am and then the team starts working on dairy U-boats

Closing PA comes in at 12PM to start backstocking along with one of the quicker 4am TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back