Archived Grooming standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its fine and dandy for Target, but if you ever get a real job, you don't want tattoos/piercings popping out everywhere ;)

One of my trainers (from when I was new) has a huge tattoo of the Virgin Mary that covers her entire forearm.
Sr GSTL and ETL-SL have some words tattooed on their upper back, if their shirts come down a bit in the back you can see it.
ETL-LOG has a tattoo on the inside of his wrist. In fact, several TMs have wrist tattoos at my store.
A SLTL has several tattoos on her arm, visible if she wears short sleeves.
One Starbucks TM has alternating hair colors: blue, pink, blond, etc. Another has tattoos and (small) gauges.

Grooming standards are pretty relaxed too, several male TMs and a TL have good sized beards. I would imagine it's more strict if you work in a food prep area, but on the floor it's completely fine.

We used to have a BRTM that had sleeves and a couple (small) tattoos on his face. Probably why he worked BR, lol.
Unless you have something really out there, I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not sure about Target Cafe but tattooed people aren't supposed to be at SB. I'm not sure why but apparently it's a thing.

Actually, I asked a SB DM about that and she said SB doesn't force Spot to adhere to that and that it's Spot's rule for SB. Interesting.

Actually, I asked a SB DM about that and she said SB doesn't force Spot to adhere to that and that it's Spot's rule for SB. Interesting.
Wrong.. Its a Sbux dress code. Target has no tattoo policy, and my Super Target had a SBux, people with tattoos couldn't have them show in case the Starbucks person came in to inspect.

I understand that SB has that policy. I simply stated that one of their DMs said that when it comes to Spot, SB doesn't force that issue but Spot does when it comes to TMs at SB. Personally, I don't care one way or the other. I don't see how a tattoo should even be an issue but apparently they are.

I'm fortune enough to have a wrist tattoo and work in Starbucks. My TL didn't care, and it's not big...no one else aside from my team has seen it. My DM has been in numerous times, even trained me, and never said two words.
In that sense, I'm glad I work at a Target because I couldn't work in a Starbucks

If you are breathing and can wear Red shirt and Khaki pants (though new handbook only suggests khaki pants) - and close toed shoes, then you are fine.

I understand that SB has that policy. I simply stated that one of their DMs said that when it comes to Spot, SB doesn't force that issue but Spot does when it comes to TMs at SB. Personally, I don't care one way or the other. I don't see how a tattoo should even be an issue but apparently they are.
No... SB throws a fit over it. Maybe just not in your district.

Our SBDM made one of our baristas cover a wrist tat whenever he came around - she used a bandage & promptly took it off as soon as he left.
Considering the ilk of folks that work at most of the stand-alones, you'd think SB would be more lenient.

At my store we have several ppl who are covered in Tats. To each their own....its a persons body and their choice to do with it what they see fit. However, one thing I cant stand is someone walking around with their underwear showing...cause they wont wear a belt or pull their damn pants up

Last edited:
At my store we have several ppl who are covered in Tats. To each their own....its a persons body and their choice to do with it what they see fit. However, one thing I cant stand is someone walking around with their underwear showing...cause they want wear a belt or pull their damn pants up

The only thing worse is when they bend over and their butt hangs out. Ughhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back