Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the new electronics TMs is morbidly obese and always comes to work with a gross sheen on his face and arms, his beard matted with grossness, dirty red shirts and the most horrendous BO I have ever smelled...this overpowering combo of stale cigarette smoke, rancid cottage cheese and shit. Somebody better be confronting him about it soon because I gag every time I walk past the boat now
That sounds kind of like my electronics TM. NASTY BO THAT HE EVEN GOT CALLED OUT IN THE GUEST SURVEY.

AH JESUS CHRIST NO! That "moving grains of rice" thought curdles my blood. I hate maggots more than anything. I'm terribly afraid of them. I once had a little pot in my sink that was there for the weekend while I was out of town. It had a lid on it too. I dunno what was in there, because I always rinse my dishes, but when I opens the lid, it was full of tiny little maggots. For a brief second I thought, "when did I eat rice?" I freaked out, put the lid back on, calmed down for about half an hour, gathered the courage to pick up the pot, but it in a black trash bag, and then threw it in the dumpsters outside. Screw it! I bought a new pot a few days later.

I'm necroquoting this ancient ass post because it reminded me of a disgusting maggot story from one of my old jobs. I too have a visceral horror of them and this probably amplified it by 1,000,000,000 but anyway...

casepack of 48 Bumble Bee tuna cans was crushed/twisted so that almost all of the cans were opened. It came on the pallet like this (this company palletized their merch at the DC) and we smelled the stench immediately after we opened the trailer. We finally found it (or rather the overnight supervisor did) and she let out a horrified scream quite unlike anything I'd ever heard before. I could barely tell what it was because the entire casepack was writhing. There was almost no tuna left, just a bunch of wiggly hellworms. Nightmarish. IIRC "OH JESUS NO!!" was my exact response.

it’s gross cause someone left it on a table in cafe

Reactions: NPC
Got a guest complaint today about a rotten smell in one of the pet aisles. Myself, one of the market guys, and one of the beauty girls descended on the aisles to try to pinpoint the smell’s source. God it was like roadkill on a hot day, definitely meaty. Discovered it was a package of Rachel Ray Nutrish premium wet dog food that had busted cans inside where the contents had liquified. Had to dispose of the product and sanitize the shelf, then use air freshener before the stench dissipated. Probably the nastiest thing I’ve ever handled, which says something because I’ve nannied.

Got a guest complaint today about a rotten smell in one of the pet aisles. Myself, one of the market guys, and one of the beauty girls descended on the aisles to try to pinpoint the smell’s source. God it was like roadkill on a hot day, definitely meaty. Discovered it was a package of Rachel Ray Nutrish premium wet dog food that had busted cans inside where the contents had liquified. Had to dispose of the product and sanitize the shelf, then use air freshener before the stench dissipated. Probably the nastiest thing I’ve ever handled, which says something because I’ve nannied.

it's the kind of stench that seeps into your olfactory glands, fries them, and just as you start to hear a ringing in your ears it moves on to your vagus nerve causing your stomach to fold itself inside out while vomit spews out of your pores.

I had gotten a whiff of something by pets over the weekend, but thought I was imagining things. Turns out, I wasn't--a guest noticed it today and was able to get me close enough to pinpoint it, similar deal. It was a 12 pack of the plastic packages with the plastic film lids and one of the lids had gotten loose.

Thank dog the guest notified me about it. There were only a couple of maggots, at that point. Give it a few more days and it could have been so, so much worse, but it was all still contained and easy enough to throw in a bag and into the compactor without any messy cleanup.

For sure. A few maggots aren't nothing - especially when it's near break time and you want a quick snack.

You're welcome to come raid our compactor, if you like.

Just stop smelling. Cease your olfactory shit for a bit.

And keep your mouth closed.

I learned that in the Far East

Serious question is there anything that can be done about a TM who comes to work smelling like shit, piss, vomit, roadkill and sewage?

There's this nerdlord on flow who claims he doesn't have running water at his house (and therefore can't shower or do laundry often) because his budget is tight, but somehow manages to come up with enough money to buy nerd shit and vidyagames every paycheck. He smells absolutely fucking awful and his red shirts are more greenish-gray than red. I worked a couple shifts with him in market last week and I had to breathe through my mouth for five hours which is not fun. He follows me around while we work to drone on about nerd trivia and I don't have the heart to tell him to fuck off. Also in my experience, having living on my own for a while, water bills have always been the cheapest of my utility bills by far (averaging around $25 - 30 a month) which is like the price of 2 Funko Pops.

That stench though, holy fuck.

Serious question is there anything that can be done about a TM who comes to work smelling like shit, piss, vomit, roadkill and sewage?

There's this nerdlord on flow who claims he doesn't have running water at his house (and therefore can't shower or do laundry often) because his budget is tight, but somehow manages to come up with enough money to buy nerd shit and vidyagames every paycheck. He smells absolutely fucking awful and his red shirts are more greenish-gray than red. I worked a couple shifts with him in market last week and I had to breathe through my mouth for five hours which is not fun. He follows me around while we work to drone on about nerd trivia and I don't have the heart to tell him to fuck off. Also in my experience, having living on my own for a while, water bills have always been the cheapest of my utility bills by far (averaging around $25 - 30 a month) which is like the price of 2 Funko Pops.

That stench though, holy fuck.

Tell HR. They're the lucky ones who get to handel these situations.

Edit***
I forgot, "oh you work with jake?!"

nailed it.

Hygiene & cleanliness are addressed in the handbook, so it definitely is an HR issue. Bring it up with HR, and encourage others who have issues with it to do so, as well. Even though it's flow, they are still likely guests who have contact with him and I wouldn't want someone incapable of basic hygiene handling my food.

Hygiene & cleanliness are addressed in the handbook, so it definitely is an HR issue. Bring it up with HR, and encourage others who have issues with it to do so, as well. Even though it's flow, they are still likely guests who have contact with him and I wouldn't want someone incapable of basic hygiene handling my food.

I have seen multiple guests walk past him and wrinkle their noses.

About a month ago he left his aura hanging in an aisle and a chick walked into it and hollered "OH GAWD, IT SMELLS LIKE ASS HERE". I died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back