Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
When moving Gondolas finding all that junk under there. Including a used cigarette and an moldy old, and stiff gummy worm. Plus 12 years worth of dust. 10 year old coupons, old product. dimes, pennys etc

When moving Gondolas finding all that junk under there. Including a used cigarette and an moldy old, and stiff gummy worm. Plus 12 years worth of dust. 10 year old coupons, old product. dimes, pennys etc

We had to pull up the gondola decks for our first Steritech visit & it was a real "ick" time capsule under there. (insert barfing smilie here)

One time a guest handed me a prescription that was covered in blood. She had just left the dentist's office and her mouth was still bleeding. She had gauze in her hand and was cupping her mouth with it. I quickly stuck the prescription in a ziploc baggie and then promptly washed my hands. Ick!

I've had this happen too! I was digging through the stack of scripts to find one the pharmacist needed and I came across one SOAKED in blood and it made me so sick to my stomach. Bloodborne pathogens, grossss.

Once a guest overfilled her Artic Blast at Food Ave and instead of walking away from it like everyone else who decides to overfill their drink, she licked it up off the counter. Licked it ALL up.

Another time I was at guest service working on defectives and the fitting room brought me up their defectives....swim-suit bottoms and Aunt Flo were mixed together..."eek"

I got a call from the GSTL, saying please come in quick to clean up some blood. It turned out a guy was bleeding from the restrooms all the way to the front entrance, and they told a CA to come clean it up. So luckily I was only a minute away, so the blood wasn't stuck to the ground, so I had clean a long line of blood drips.

And guess what, nothing more but a thank you, yes, a thank you from the GSTL. Like he was yelling over the walkie for a CA to come clean it up quick, after I clean it up, its like well nothing appreciated for a quick response, or some1 else couldn't have cleaned it up since it was BLOOD, every1 just ignored it but me.

I got a call from the GSTL, saying please come in quick to clean up some blood. It turned out a guy was bleeding from the restrooms all the way to the front entrance, and they told a CA to come clean it up. So luckily I was only a minute away, so the blood wasn't stuck to the ground, so I had clean a long line of blood drips.

And guess what, nothing more but a thank you, yes, a thank you from the GSTL. Like he was yelling over the walkie for a CA to come clean it up quick, after I clean it up, its like well nothing appreciated for a quick response, or some1 else couldn't have cleaned it up since it was BLOOD, every1 just ignored it but me.

Umm, the GSTL or any of them could have started the clean up as well. Lazy @$$es.

That was my Super. I could be on the far side of the parking lot with a line of carts, and they want me to run in and clean a spill ASAP. And I see 3 TMs blocking the spill when I arrive.

That was my Super. I could be on the far side of the parking lot with a line of carts, and they want me to run in and clean a spill ASAP. And I see 3 TMs blocking the spill when I arrive.

:facepalm:
Last I checked, there wasn't an online quiz on how to operate a spray bottle or broom & dustpan.

A guest came in today that hadn't showered for at least a month. I mean she smelled like ASS. She was obviously not fully with it, kept repeating herself, and you could smell her from about 12 feet away. Problem is she was standing within 3 feet of me asking me about a product to clean plastic cd cases. She kept asking even after i answered her, and i was stuck with her for 15 minutes. I couldn't breathe. Every time I moved away she moved closer. It was literally the most horrid thing I've ever experienced.

When she finally left, I went to the backroom and washed my hands and threw water on my face... I was drenched in sweat.... God it was disgusting.

I mean seriously, I've dealt with homeless, I've dealt with people that are generally not hygienic... but this woman was the worst I've ever run into. Even a 3 day old corpse would smell better than that...

We had a situation where a cashier left a defective bottle of soap in the reshop bin, and when it was being collected it dripped about 7 checklanes before anyone noticed... It was a pretty huge spill and it DID take 3 team members to block it while I went and got cleaning supplies... Good thing too, because guests are always so oblivious, and tons of people didn't even realize there was a spill there until TMs redirected them.

Guest slips on soapy floor and shatters something??? Lawsuit INC.

A guest came in today that hadn't showered for at least a month. I mean she smelled like ASS. She was obviously not fully with it, kept repeating herself, and you could smell her from about 12 feet away. Problem is she was standing within 3 feet of me asking me about a product to clean plastic cd cases. She kept asking even after i answered her, and i was stuck with her for 15 minutes. I couldn't breathe. Every time I moved away she moved closer. It was literally the most horrid thing I've ever experienced.

When she finally left, I went to the backroom and washed my hands and threw water on my face... I was drenched in sweat.... God it was disgusting.

I mean seriously, I've dealt with homeless, I've dealt with people that are generally not hygienic... but this woman was the worst I've ever run into. Even a 3 day old corpse would smell better than that...

I had one of those yesterday, AND, it was quite obvious that Aunt Flo was visiting...
Immediately after her, we got our "stuck in the 80s" guest who seems to bathe in Chanel No. 5 (I know because my mom used to wear it, just not the ENTIRE bottle!) and glitter makeup.
I can't remember the last time I felt so nauseous:drool:

I had one of those yesterday, AND, it was quite obvious that Aunt Flo was visiting...
Immediately after her, we got our "stuck in the 80s" guest who seems to bathe in Chanel No. 5 (I know because my mom used to wear it, just not the ENTIRE bottle!) and glitter makeup.
I can't remember the last time I felt so nauseous:drool:

I had already been on the verge of quitting Target for a long time, but that incident nearly put me over the edge. We must be in the same general area because your guests sound similar to mine... otherwise some portions of humanity are awful!
icon_facepalm.gif

I had already been on the verge of quitting Target for a long time, but that incident nearly put me over the edge. We must be in the same general area because your guests sound similar to mine... otherwise some portions of humanity are awful!
icon_facepalm.gif

We actually don't have many that are like that, there's just a couple...

Code Browns. That is all.

Yes, I can totally relate. I just recently had one of my worst Code Browns in a long time. This was what some of my friends term the "multi-stall."

Someone (who I actually walked in on and proceeded to tell me "someone had an accident") crapped all over the floor in both men's room stalls, stepped in it, tracking it all over the remainder of the room, and then left his shorts in a ball on the floor.

It was the first time I had to wear a protective suit to clean the restroom. But on the bright side my STL bought me lunch (as if I had an appetite after that experience).

We had a new guest come in to get her Prozac filled last night who looked as if she hadn't bathed in about a week or so...I mean, you could literally see the dirt and grime on her and grease in her hair. The odd thing was that she didn't SMELL bad, she just LOOKED disgusting :confused:

We had a new guest come in to get her Prozac filled last night who looked as if she hadn't bathed in about a week or so...I mean, you could literally see the dirt and grime on her and grease in her hair. The odd thing was that she didn't SMELL bad, she just LOOKED disgusting :confused:

Bt at least she's HAPPY now! xD

So they moved the paint desk today. I'm not sure what was under there but it was dark brownish red and it stunk as I was placing the red tape around the floor tile (they are removing the floor tile for stained cement)

- I took over as Consumables Team Lead after the position had been vacant for 3 months. The previous TL was fired for not cleaning, EVER, and winning us red Steritech visits for a year. Forget the daily cleaning routines. I am still in that first year as STL and I still find spots that haven't been cleaned in YEARS. Some examples:
- Not sure how newer Targets are build but at our GM (circa 1991) store, our sales floor coolers have a screen across the front to circulate air from top to bottom. Problem is, when the milk vendor drops a gallon of milk or pushes a slow leaking jug, the milk seeps down underneath the bottom (Base deck?) shelf into the fan and refrigerant space. I have spent an entire workday cleaning one section of our SF coolers as they had not been cleaned in years. I know because I found old POG labels and PPs cemented in the old milk from 2007! Oh, and we were transitioning from Food Ave to a Starbucks so no sinks to wash the fixtures and shelves, just the floor mop sink in the maintenance closet. I utilized a metal paint scrapper and the gum remover (same stuff used to cut Meth, or so the hispanic maintenance worker tells me) to clean the fixtures and any other chemical to clean out the cooler case that didn't get me high. I couldn't turn off the fans in the coolers due to the alarms (or so my Nazi ETL-SF states) so while chiseling away at the concrete milk, little bits would hi the fan and then me in the face. When I chipped a newer section with some wet milk still on top, that would leave stinky little white pieces on me and my clothes all day. What I think was even worse was the bottoms of the shelves had unfinished metal edges which cut my hands and fingers like razor blades for the whole week. So my blood on the fixtures and no telling what kind of ebola bacteria going into my cuts.
- The cheese sections of our SF coolers had mold at every point where a fixture met another fixture or wall. Hairy mold that Guest couldn't see but it you removed the metal bar that the peg hooks hung from, it looked and smelled like week old roadkill. Was reminded that day of my Penicillin allergy too.
- I had a Sara Lee Bread vendor bring in some extra back stock to support a TPC end cap for a couple of weeks. I don't usually let bread, ice cream, frozen pizza, or any other NSB vendor keep back stock but 4th of July was the exception. The vendor lost a few loaves in the BR vendor area and caused a roach problem that our SFT and pest control contractor could fix for a month. It was kind of gross seeing little roach turds all over the food pulls when they were going out to the floor but my ETL-Log said if the packaged was sealed, it had to go to the floor.
- Had a Food Ave kid caught picking his nose and eating it while talking on the red phone and making parfaits. Only, I didn't catch him, the Steritech auditor did. That was an interesting call out to explain on our monthly Food Conference Call.
- Had a mother bring us back a can of baby food powder that had been dropped so that the seem between the metal bottom and the cardboard had split but wasn't noticeable unless you were looking for it. She stated some end of the world mold spore that required an iron rich environment nearly killed her infant. I opened the nearly empty can that was purchased 89 days prior and stated I didn't see any mold spores. After the LOD picked herself off the floor, the Guest got her replacement can of $35 baby food for free. I later explained to my wife that what was left tasted ok in the break room in my McDonald's Milkshake.
- Speaking of the break room, has anyone ever moved the refrigerators or soda machines. Think under the Gondolas looks gross?
- I recently saw a Team Member blow up a bowl of chili in the Break room microwave. I asked him to clean it after he ate and he said he couldn't do that off the clock. That warranted our first conversation about his future career at Target. When I started in on the "how your actions are detrimental to our Guest, co-workers, store and Brand, he replied that our Food Safety Culture didn't apply to the microwaves because all the germs are killed while it is in use. Begin second career conversation which I started, "If you really believe that, go lick the inside of the glass door and I won't write any of our career conversations on paper for HR." Too bad for him I email and MySite all my coachings so I wasn't lying.
- Had a seeing eye dog leading a blind lady through the store. I was ok with that until they walked through Consumables and the dog was sticking his wet nose into everything 3 feet or lower. You know when a dog is sniffing in for a while and then snorts it all out in a giant sneeze like blow? Let's just say there was a lot of SDEF/QMOS/Credits that afternoon.
- A special needs teenager wanted to drive the electric cart instead of walk so her mother and father obliged. My concern wasn't so much the 25 end caps she whacked giving our FST a week's worth of work orders, it was the menstrual fluid smeared all over the electric cart seat I had to clean and sanitize (and not with Hydrox). Of, and remember that those seats are black so it took another 450LB Guest with cankles felt the stickiness on her theighs. I wanted to tell her so badly what it actually was but instead decided to absorb the lecture on how gross my Target was for not wiping the cart seats down after each use. We had to use Lysol for a week after the obese Guest finished due to the fact that she probably had not cleaned between her two butts in a week.
- Our store is situated in a very "international" part of the city at the intersection of 3 main highways next to a Home Depot, Lowes, and abandoned covered parking lot. This is a perfect storm to attract our cities largest workforce of which none could pass an I-9 check. Starting about 5pm each night, the store's Guest demography changes and the overpowering stench of BO and the cheap gas station cologne can replicate the effects of CS gas. It brings me back to my recon days as a Cav Scout trying to reason with a goat herding village of Kurds. I have shifted my school schedule to evening classes just so I don't have to close anymore.
- Had one mom bring her two young boys into the store with a Publix shopping cart (we are in a strip with several other stores) which has the plastic racing car attachment behind the shopping basket to restrain their unruly little monsters. The smell of the bread aisle or immigrant workers made one kid spew a technicolor rainbow all over his sibling which a few moments later caused the receiver to return the favor onto his brother and mother. I fast walked to the spill station and grabbed the pepper towels and spray bottle of Hydrox which was marked "water" on the outside and the Absorb powder. As I approached the parenting train wreck, she exchanges one barf covered kid that she was trying to calm down for the roll of paper towels in my hand. Not sure what parents are feeding kids today but I have walked chest deep in drainage channels full of garbage and wastewater that smelled nicer than this little boy. The mother is using the paper towels to clean HERSELF off first which distracts her from telling the second little Daemon not to run and attach himself to my leg which I guess in his words meant "pick me up too and comfort me because my mother thought mating like a dog would be fun and never considered how much my brother and I would make her miserable". With one sour milk smelling kid at arm's length and another self cleaning himself on my new C9 Khaki's, I ask the mother to clean off the Publix cart seat with the spray and towels so we can clean off the boys. After she wipes down the seat and returns the boys to the race car of motion sickness, I excuse myself to seek partnership with my favorite LOD (fresh out of college) who I believed would love the opportunity to test out his leadership training through patience and stress control methods. Unfortunately, he was was dealing with our cart attendant who had somehow found himself between the cart pushing machine and a guide pole by the front entrance. I washed off my skin and the chunks off my clothes in the restroom and set out to find the new 17 year old electronics TM to finish assisting the mother and clean up the mess to our store. After finding the electronic's TM in his usual camping spot inside the camera boat, we caught up with our mother who was spraying the "water" onto the paper towels to wipe down her kids. Yes, it is totally my fault for mislabeling a bottle of cleaner and leaving it behind on the SF with an incompetent mother. It was also my mistake to leave the Absorb powder behind too as the first little spawn of satan had created an arctic themed coffee aisle out of the new bag. At this point, I remove the spray bottle from the mother and recommend she continue her crime scene clean up in the bathroom. I then explained to the Electronics kid that I was minutes away from hitting meal compliance so he would have to clean this one up on his own. The worst part was when my wife pointed out to me a few hours later that I still had some dried yak chunks in my hair.

I am sure there are more but I will have to note them as they come to me at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back