Archived Group VP at store visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is supposed to be getting a visit from the "higher ups". It was emphasized that our gvp would be there...is that normal/protocal? And could anyone tell me what a gvp even does..? Thanks in advance! :)

He is the big boss of the group. Know your numbers, do a lot of vibing & provide greet ge to guests. Our gvp is known to come in street clothes & walk around the whole store pretending to be a guest. When he gets to the front end, asks for help to the gas/Gstl, they say to him, ciyfs? He says, I am the group vp, can I see your lod? He gives a report on how many times he was helped by tm's on the floor. Lucky us, most veteran tm's knows what he looks like & always says hi. When he moves on, they go find the lod & gives them heads up. Suddenly, all the Etl's & stl are out on the floor, real fast.

Our district shares the same office building as our group so our GVP visits our store more frequently than others. Random Advice: We had our STL hide back stock in the electrical room (no merchandise allowed), GVP found it, STL fired the next week. Don't hide merchandise.

You'll see your ETLs and STL's butt holes get extra tight during a GVP visit. A bad GVP visit doesn't just reflect on your store's management, it shows how well the DTL is doing his/her job. Get a bad GVP visit and your DTL may be visiting more often.

Not used to be that my store rarely got visits of any kind. We'd have a DTL visit every few months. As of the past year we have had the DTL in store at least once a month, my group team in about every three or four months, and we've also had the region vp in with the group vp and team once or twice. We had some issues that warranted visits, but they've since resolved themselves. My region, and my group especially, is just very big on spending time in stores. I like it. Visits shouldn't be something leaders freak out about. If they're doing their jobs, then everything should go relatively smooth. If your leaders are slacking, then that's usually when you see panic mode set in a week or so before a visit. If you're on top of your business then you can speak with confidence about issues the visitors bring up.

Our GVP tagged along with our DTL for visits on a regular basis. It wasn't unusual for us. He was very active with his store's, though.

Out of the three group VP visits we were supposed to have at our store she only showed up once.
There is something weird about doing all that work to get the store ready, having your ETLs run around like chickens with heads cut off, and then have the people not show up.

Out of the three group VP visits we were supposed to have at our store she only showed up once.
There is something weird about doing all that work to get the store ready, having your ETLs run around like chickens with heads cut off, and then have the people not show up.
You always know a big visit is coming when all the etls break out the button down shirts....

We get DTL visits every week and last week she came in with the group market leader, and a huge group of Corporate HR leaders. I told my STL that she was in the store and she started freaking out because she said they just talked and she said she was not coming in this week and that she will be next week!

I heard my store had a DTL visit over the weekend. Apparently she was not happy with the zone in toys. She must have had her eyes closed in the rest of the store.

We got a group visit from our GTL, I had no clue who he was when I talked to him...

I guess behind closed doors he gave me huge recognition when talking to my ETLs/STL/DTL..

yeeeeee.

Oh no ours is coming on Tuesday a pfresh truck day. Thank goodness it is the lightest pfresh truck day of the week.

We get DTL visits every week and last week she came in with the group market leader, and a huge group of Corporate HR leaders. I told my STL that she was in the store and she started freaking out because she said they just talked and she said she was not coming in this week and that she will be next week!

ugh same. We had the pharmacy corporate guy, the AP corporate guy, I think the guy in change of all presentation, and then regional manager east.

Things you'll do to prepare:

Group VP is big so you'll likely see a lot of temporary faces at your store, typically ETLs from other stores, but TMs from other stores sometimes come.

Everything will have to be on point. It's one of the few times you'll see TLs helping set new endcaps. Plano will most likely have everything up to date this week. There will be a lot of nitpicking.

You always know a big visit is coming when all the etls break out the button down shirts....

Ours wear such shifts every day, except GE, she wears a lot of sweaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back