Archived GSA interview tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetargetman

I am a Guest once again!
today I just put in my application for GSA and I am wondering what kinds of questions are asked at the interview. thanks in advance.

I can tell you right now one of the questions will mostly likely be..

"Tell me about a time you made a difficult decision?"

And I was interviewed as a PA.

Where you approached by anybody to be a GSA?

I'd imagine a GSA/PA's interview is roughly the same. They want you already, will ask you questions where they don't really care about the answers. Then they will tell you why your job is so important. (This was with my ETL-HL, now SF).

My interview with my TL was a joke, because they asked me to apply, lol.

If you are just applying, a lot of the questions will center around your previous work area.

"Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a Guest/TM etc.."

Pretty much just rehearse and remember your most stellar moments.

Last edited:
I never had an interview for a GSA position. "Hey, we'd like you to start training for this position. You want a Team Lead spot, and this will help in your development considerably. If you do well as a GSA, we'll give you the further development towards a TL spot". I then had two days of training, and the GSTL who was acting as my trainer had a family emergency, so I was on my own from then on.

As far as tips and advice... Know how to handle Guests and make them happy. Be friendly and confident. Know how the system works and what it will allow. Multi-tasking skills are a MUST. Look professional; You are a Leader in a sense. Maybe not in a full title, but you DO Lead a Team. Have a good history with conversion and talking up REDCards. Most stores are hitting a 3.5% Conversion as a goal nowadays; Show your ETL's that you want to help drive your team to that level and above.

When it comes to GSA's, they basically already 100% know whether they're going to make you a GSA or not before your interview. Technically, an interview isn't even required for that position, they just have to switch your job code. It's really just up to the discretion of the GSTL and ETL-GE.

My personal opinion: don't do it. It's a good experience to get, but that comes at the expense of your sanity and entire job outlook. If you're in it for the N07 paygrade, try for Plano or electronics.

thanks everyone. I was not approached for the it. I decided to apply when I saw it was open.

I can tell you right now one of the questions will mostly likely be..

"Tell me about a time you made a difficult decision?"

And I was interviewed as a PA.

Where you approached by anybody to be a GSA?

I'd imagine a GSA/PA's interview is roughly the same. They want you already, will ask you questions where they don't really care about the answers. Then they will tell you why your job is so important. (This was with my ETL-HL, now SF).

My interview with my TL was a joke, because they asked me to apply, lol.

If you are just applying, a lot of the questions will center around your previous work area.

"Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a Guest/TM etc.."

Pretty much just rehearse and remember your most stellar moments.
Thanks for the help! I will definitely get preparing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back