Archived GSA Position Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was clocking out, my ETL finally told me that on Monday, she was going to interview me for GSA.

I originally applied for GSTL but was pretty much forced to pull my application.
Turns out they posted that there was an opening for GSTL but when I talked to my ETL HR she said it was UNDER the title GSTL but was actually for Food Ave Team Lead so there was no way I was going to be able to get that job (my husband is in Food Ave.)
I was okay with this because I didn't wanna make my husband have to move work centers and I really don't like FA so I told my HR to to pull it otherwise I wouldn't even be able to get an interview.

Long story short, they brought in a Food Ave Team Lead AND brought a GSTL (who just so happened to be "good friends" with my ETL) from another store.
I also heard they didn't even bother to interview ANY of the team members that applied for the "GSTL" position and they just slithered in this other chick. (Who didn't know what a LPDA was.....Really?:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Getting off topic. >_<
A few weeks later there was a new post saying there was a GSA position. My HR came to me "Hey _____ I really suggest you look at the employment board"
I applied the second I could and I was told that I am getting Interviewed on Monday, "If you remind me since I have the memory of a Cheeto:blowup:"

However, earlier that day, I over heard this convo: (Not our fault the breakroom is door to door with the HR office.
ETL-HR :Hey, what do you think of your new GSA?
ETL-GE: You mean the one that's coming from (insert store number)
Hr: Yeah. She comes on Thursday right?
Ge: That's what the email said.

I am soooo lost. I asked my HR and she said we can only have one more additonal GSA.

Currently we have 3 Gstls and 4 GSAs...

I'm... not sure what's gonna happen.

Last edited:
HA we have only one GSTL, and 2 GSAs and one backup. -___-'

Go for the interview! You have nothing to lose. You will gain knowledge & practice for other interviews.
Go for it!

I swear the influx of gstls and gsas is only to take over hours..., because I often see the gsas scheduled as cashiers, but when they actually work they're actually doing gsa duties. =3=;;

We have GSTL + Gsa Mids a lot of times.... so GSAs will cashier/etc. if they aren't watching the lanes/covering break.

I plan on interviewing. I'm super nervous and don't know what they are gonna ask. I know it will be the typical "Tell me a time when..." but I know I'll panic.

The only good part is that the person interviewing me actually knows what I am like when I am not nervous.
But my ETL GE is sooooo intimidating. My STL is scared of her. Everyone is. >.<

It would vary based on your current pay grade. If you're a PG3, it will be a higher raise than if you're a PG5

My interview wasn't a "tell me about a time" sort of interview. It was partially that, but there were a lot of questions about instocks and store processes. Not sure what interview I was given, but it wasn't really relevant...at all.

As a rule of thumb, don't apply for position through eHR until you have spoken with your ETL-HR. There are a lot of reasons why the HR team would open certain position through JAS, only one of which is to actually hire someone.

Furthermore, any smart ETL-HR is not going to consider accepting an application from a team member looking to become a team leader without having sat down with said team member and discussing life plans, abilities, end goals, and then creating a development plan.

If you want to be a team leader, don't apply to be one. Go to your ETL and tell them that you want development. After some time, you'll go through an interview with your DTL and eventually be placed in a leadership role.

As far as raises go, a cashier is a PG3 and a GSA is a PG7. Go ask your HR team member what that raise would look like. They can tell you.

As a rule of thumb, don't apply for position through eHR until you have spoken with your ETL-HR. There are a lot of reasons why the HR team would open certain position through JAS, only one of which is to actually hire someone.

Furthermore, any smart ETL-HR is not going to consider accepting an application from a team member looking to become a team leader without having sat down with said team member and discussing life plans, abilities, end goals, and then creating a development plan.

My HR already knows I want advancement. Her and I have talked many times about this very thing. She was the one who told me about the position. And I am being interviewed for GSA, not GSTL.

My interview wasn't a "tell me about a time" sort of interview. It was partially that, but there were a lot of questions about instocks and store processes. Not sure what interview I was given, but it wasn't really relevant...at all.

I hope mine isn't about that. o.0

If you're looking to move up in the company do it. If not, you're getting paid nickles more to clean the bathrooms and babysit cashiers.

If you're looking to move up in the company do it. If not, you're getting paid nickles more to clean the bathrooms and babysit cashiers.

Well, I guess. A GSA position could be really beneficial for certain team members. You get to develop yourself as a leader without having all of the responsibilities of being a leader.

My HR already knows I want advancement. Her and I have talked many times about this very thing. She was the one who told me about the position. And I am being interviewed for GSA, not GSTL.

You originally said that you applied to be a GSTL, but you were "forced to pull your application." (basically).

I was just giving advice if you wanted to go down that path again.

You originally said that you applied to be a GSTL, but you were "forced to pull your application." (basically).

I was just giving advice if you wanted to go down that path again.
Oh, misunderstood.

Sorry xD

GSA is a good step if you want to work toward GSTL, which could then lead to TL in another area. Depending on your current paygrade & your area, GSA would be .50 to $1 increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back