Archived GSA Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I'm transitioning to GSA from the Sales Floor. After review from my management, my management decided to start training me for a promotion so that I can continue on with the company. What is the pay difference from Sales Floor to GSA? It will be 2 - 3 weeks until my job class will be changed, so how will that work with the change in pay (Base $9.00). Im currently making 8.00.

Cheers!
Mip

Each pay grade has been increased $0.25. What I don't understand is how you only make $8 at my store we have always started higher than $8.

I don't think anybody knows how the increase to 9 per hour is affecting pay grades.

I saw a "confidential" email from the DTL to the STL/ETL teams a few days ago. It explicitly stated that because all new hires will be starting at the new rate, the store would raise wages accordingly along with yearly merit raises. People really should keep printed emails off of the front lane break grid clipboard if they're confidential. Just saying...

Hypothetical example in line with the email:
X TM makes $11.50 an hour and gets an E on review - 3% raise
Minimum at the store is currently $8.50, being raised to $9.
X TM would get a raise of $0.64 in line with wage increases + merit raise on top of new wage = $12.50 (11.50+0.64x0.03)

Sorry @FrontEndFirecracker but can you elaborate? I can't make heads or tails of your example. 11.50 + 0.64 x 0.03 is $11.5192.

Were you saying your pay would be bumped the amount of the base raise (new base - current base) and then your yearly review would be factored in? In which case wouldn't it be (11.50+.50)*1.03 which would be $12.36?

Hey guys!

I'm transitioning to GSA from the Sales Floor. After review from my management, my management decided to start training me for a promotion so that I can continue on with the company. What is the pay difference from Sales Floor to GSA? It will be 2 - 3 weeks until my job class will be changed, so how will that work with the change in pay (Base $9.00). Im currently making 8.00.

Cheers!
Mip

The paygrade raise from sales floor (N03) to GSA (N07) is generally $0.50. It's hard to say what your actual pay rate will be because of the upcoming wage increase for employees in stores whose base wage is under $9.00.

Sorry @FrontEndFirecracker but can you elaborate? I can't make heads or tails of your example. 11.50 + 0.64 x 0.03 is $11.5192.

Were you saying your pay would be bumped the amount of the base raise (new base - current base) and then your yearly review would be factored in? In which case wouldn't it be (11.50+.50)*1.03 which would be $12.36?

PEMDAS isn't appropriate here. Yes, you're correct in what you said.

Generally 50 cents, but if you're lucky up to $1.

Does this mean GSAs will now make 75 cents more an hour? That would be great.
Generally 50 cents, but if you're lucky up to $1.

Does this mean GSAs will now make 75 cents more an hour? That would be great.
i don't get your math, but its 2 paygrades more. now some stores don't abide by pay grades and have other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back