Archived Gstl lost keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm still employed lol.. Im a guy btw and that gsa actually took them home on accident when I asked her twice if she had them.. But she put in her two weeks, two days later weird...

Secondly, I was pretty much poached by my STL.. So I kind of knew that i was ok :)

GSTL keys don't have as much as they used to; mainly the cash advance drawer, the lock drawer at the service desk & the GE office.
Normally it could be a final & it could be worse if you're under 90 days but ASANTS.

Our GSTL keys unlock the printer for registries, photo kiosk, cash advance drawer, locked drawer at one of the checklanes, the locked cupboard in our cabinet that's used for high-value flexible fulfillment items, and the equipment cabinet that all the PDA's, walkies, and myDevices go in. I think that's it from memory. Obviously also the keys to the key cabinet, but that's the same key as the cash advance drawer.

Our GSTL keys unlock the printer for registries, photo kiosk, cash advance drawer, locked drawer at one of the checklanes, the locked cupboard in our cabinet that's used for high-value flexible fulfillment items, and the equipment cabinet that all the PDA's, walkies, and myDevices go in. I think that's it from memory. Obviously also the keys to the key cabinet, but that's the same key as the cash advance drawer.

Ours has all that an more. Since we have self checkout, we have an extra ~3-4 keys for that alone. We also recently got a mysteriously shaped key thing that I suspect is for the new toilet paper dispensers, but I haven't tested that theory yet.

Ours has all that an more. Since we have self checkout, we have an extra ~3-4 keys for that alone. We also recently got a mysteriously shaped key thing that I suspect is for the new toilet paper dispensers, but I haven't tested that theory yet.

White plastic thing, bit wavy? It's the paper towel dispenser if so.

As for self checkout, not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd prefer if my store had SCO, but hard to know without having experienced it.

Are they a Sr GSTL?

At my store? Nah. We have one GSTL, 5 GSA's. We all use the same set of keys. There's a secondary set that just consists of two keys (no paper towel dispenser key, no photo kiosk key, no keys to the recycling containers) that we use as well, but that's just for if there's a GSA and the GSTL scheduled, or multiple GSA's scheduled. Typically used when a GSA has a cashier shift.

Last edited:
White plastic thing, bit wavy? It's the paper towel dispenser if so.

As for self checkout, not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd prefer if my store had SCO, but hard to know without having experienced it.

Honestly it can be a double edged sword. One one hand, you can basically dedicate one cashier to check our four guests at once which is pretty cool. But, they can be a headache when things go wrong. You also can't just slap any old cashier on it, you need to make sure that it's someone familiar with the machines and can do basic problem solving skills. They also take forever to close, adding a good 30 minutes to my closing routine. There also seems to be an issue where if you K4 GSTL -> K8, it will fuck up the self checkouts. We have to call the LOD to bring us the 4 SCO start funds before we start closing procedures, and they need to be closed before you close all unused registers. If you don't, then every time you try and do anything on the SCO it will say "Operation not allowed" and they will all need to be restarted before they can be closed.

But when they're working they're wonderful. Closing and maintenance can be a pain, but I think that it's overall pretty positive. At first I didn't like 'em, but once they because part of your routine they're pretty handy.

It's generally different on a store-by-store basis. Under your 90, you can't be delivered a final(I don't think you can even get a CCA), I don't know if that works in your favor.

Master keys are a 100% final. But we've have issues at my store on a consistent basic with keys from the lockbox, and warnings were generally just issued.

Honestly it can be a double edged sword. One one hand, you can basically dedicate one cashier to check our four guests at once which is pretty cool. But, they can be a headache when things go wrong. You also can't just slap any old cashier on it, you need to make sure that it's someone familiar with the machines and can do basic problem solving skills. They also take forever to close, adding a good 30 minutes to my closing routine. There also seems to be an issue where if you K4 GSTL -> K8, it will fuck up the self checkouts. We have to call the LOD to bring us the 4 SCO start funds before we start closing procedures, and they need to be closed before you close all unused registers. If you don't, then every time you try and do anything on the SCO it will say "Operation not allowed" and they will all need to be restarted before they can be closed.

But when they're working they're wonderful. Closing and maintenance can be a pain, but I think that it's overall pretty positive. At first I didn't like 'em, but once they because part of your routine they're pretty handy.

Call 701. We don't have SCO, we were one of the few lucky stores to get an Integrated Guest Service, but the store I travel to for support does. We were able to get it resolved within 2 weeks I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back