Archived Gstl Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Gstl how much trouble can you get in for hanging out with your Gsa outside of work.... No drinking or drugs or not like dating just friends hanging out talking bout frustrations and life?

You can be friends as long as you don't put yourselves in a compromising situation; hanging at the bar, loaning money, dating, and such.

One of my GSTLs and I have always been friends. Invited to her house for Thanksgiving. Cat-sat.

You can be friends with anybody you want.

Ok because my etl is against it she told another of my gstl he is not allowed to hangout out side of work with his gda period. Like really admitted I know no dating no fooling around no bars or drinking but I think anything else is cool

The only time I saw a GSTL get in trouble was when one met up with some cashiers at a bar after work. And the GSTL bought the cashiers drinks and supposedly they posted some pics of the night on Facebook.

Depends on your store I guess. I went for drinks with my then sr GSTL a couple times and nothing ever came of it.

i've gone out for drinks with all of the gsa's in my store. If you can keep work and fun separate than you are good to go.

They have no right to tell you who you can and cannot be friends with while you are off the clock. An ETL, sure, because they are not hourly and never actually go off the clock. This was an issue I brought up in my own store (my GSA and younger cashiers are hilarious and fun people) and it ended with me coming to the conclusion that they can't tell me what to do when I am not working.

So i cant be written up for this or forced to transfer to a new department

Well it's spot... They can be devious little bastids...

But yeah there's nothing wrong with being friends, as long as there isn't any attached benefits package.

If your going to be friends with a GSA, and you're a GSTL, then maintain absolute professionalism while at Target. Don't let your friendship influence decision making, and NEVER hold that particular person above the rest of your team. If they screw up, don't be afraid to coach/CA them. Although, I always say mixing work and friendships complicates things...

My GSTL is best friends with one of my fellow GSAs and the favoritism card is constantly played, and the GSA is never held accountable. So please, while at Target, keep everything fair. ALSO, if you have to coach another GSA/TeamMember DO NOT talk about it outside of work with your GSA friend. It's highly unprofessional and can get your fired.

As long as it is not dating or putting yourself in a conflict of interest or anything that will complicate your professional relationship with them I say it is fine but I avoid it all together. I remember last year I had the most RCs of the front end and my ETL told me she would take me out for breakfast at Panera bread (she does it for anyone) I still felt it was inappropriate and politely declined but I did end up getting a free starbucks drink at the Target starbucks. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back