Archived GSTL Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently in the process of updating my GSTL weekly routine and I'm finding it difficult. Sunday is obviously ad set up and Saturday evening is ad take down...other than that, what is different daily? I easily made an opening routine and a closing routine, but Monday through Friday is a different story. I order constantly, planograms set different days, my status with my GE floats from day to day...in other words, my routine calendar is wickedly blank.

Yeah, I saw that. But like previously stated, I'm looking for daily specifics, not every day routines.

Endcaps set every 4 weeks, but if you look on OLP the POGs are in the system two weeks ahead of time, so you could plan to do at least one to two a day depending on how many endcaps you have to set. One thing, though, you usually don't get a true 100% fill until the week before it sets... as long as we have onhand counts of all of the product the system will say the POG is 100%.

One thing I would do (preferably earlier in the week) is an equipment audit. Nothing is worse than going into your busiest times with broken equipment. Easiest way to do this is put the register in training mode, and using a training credit card and a few items, make sure everything works (Scanner, Hand Scanner, MICR, Card Reader, Card Reader Pens - those break more than I would care to imagine), If you do it early enough in the week, you can have any broken equipment sent out and back in time. I used to do it on Monday, because Lord knows everything broke down on the weekend.

Do a supply check as well -- especially look for the stuff you never think you need because you have a lot of it. One tip: To save yourself time, create a list of things to order weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. to cut down on how much you have to do inventory on. We would order things like bags, ESIM bags, giftcards, etc. weekly because we went through a lot.

I'm sure there are more, but these are what I used to do (I am no longer a GSTL, I am BR/IS TL)... and I can concur that walking your Vibe Walk with your ETL is almost impossible. Although I really liked and got along with my ETL-GE, it was very difficult to get her to sit down and walk my Vibe Walk with me as she was always doing other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back