Archived GSTL/SETL tips and tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. Polite curtesy for those that helped you out.

All we hear is :
“who is responding?” .....over and over
“Hardliners, softlines, who is responding ?” ......over and over
“If you’re not with a guest you need to be responding” ......over and over
Seriously ? If you have to repeat it 20 times......it’s NOT WORKING for you ! Maybe try something DIFFERENT ? !!
“thank you” would be NOVEL, and might actually work !
True. We use a backup list. TMs are given a time slot. If they don't respond, their ETL will call them.

It’s been a while since I posted in here due to life and just being busy. I’m long removed from the front end and things have changed. I will pull some of my old post here that I gave to others asking for GSTL (I’m sorry Service and Engagement leader) advice.

Off the top of my head:

- Creating a binder for all front end labels that you know you’re going to need again (beef jerky, slim Jim’s, M&Ms, etc). I legit had a binder with these labels printed like 100x each.

- Service desk opening and closing log. I created a document where the essential things for the service desk had to be walked and signed off by the team member and the lead during that time. This is for CRC, Salvage, Bins being taken care of, etc.

- Wall of chocolates. Most stores have a long wall behind self checkout that is great real estate. I hated how much candy we received and needed a solution. Behind sco we took red shelves put them up and we created a wall of chocolate. One section snickers, one section Reese’s, etc.

- The candy at each register create your own Plano. I made them go by type of candy as stated in the tip above. Reason why is it made reshop so easy. You have a bunch of snickers? Hey that at register 8.

- First of every month I retrain all cashiers on the basics and make sure they know how to do basic returns. Additionally I ask them to come up with three things they want to learn or improve in. At the end of the month bring them to me and we’ll work on it (doesn’t have to be front end related).

That’s off the top of my head. I’ll dig up old post when I get a chance. It’s been a while since I been in the front so I’m not sure if this is still beneficial.

Howdy everyone!

I’m newly in role and I’m looking for ways to implement some cool stuff into our store. For example, one of our GSAs printed and laminated copies of all food codes and stuck them to registers for quick references. Have you or any other leaders at your store implemented something neat that came in handy?

Hi, I am a Guest Advocate (former GSA) and the Advocate Captain at our store. I just did the same thing for the produce codes. As far as cool stuff, our GS counter has a white-board calendar with RedCard and NPS performance scores. We also have a few of the classroom stickers from Bullseye on the office/breakroom door that shows our RedCards last week! We have also implemented an Advocate Newsletter of which I author each week. It's pretty cool tbh, and I think you could have fun with these additions.

While I love that idea shouldn’t that be standard during your 1 minute huddles with the cashiers as they come in? This is all info I would personally share with my team 1-1 when they come in for their shift. Gives me time to see how they’re doing, if they have any questions or just bond with the team. I can see now that S&E TLs are mids a lot it being useful but I prefer the personal touch to delivering this weekly news.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... huddles? Never, ever had the cashiers at my store had a huddle. We usually find out what's happening while we're being yelled at for doing something wrong. I'm jealous.

old store: consistent huddles with every front end team member at the beginning of their shift to go over redcards, nps scores, anything important from stores weekly, topics from ap

new store: they had not had any kind of huddle in years and just came and went as they pleased

Our NPS scores have been low for a long time. The biggest complaint we get is long wait times and only having SCO and one lane open. I never have enough TMs and I’m at my wit’s end. We aren’t making drive up goal times because we don’t have a dedicated drive up person. I’m sorry to sound so negetive but I just don’t know how to meet our expectations right now. How are those of you that are successful managing to keep your scores high? Please. I really need help.

my nps is average and i don’t really give a fuck about drive up goal time

when i read myguest, i’m not seeing anything that i can actually take back to my team and correct behavior, it’s mostly just a lot of guests who are having average interactions. i don’t get why 8/10 is a bad score.

What is NPS?

As for a SETL tip, my SETL photocopies the scannable ad coupons and puts them at the front of the book so we don't have to waste time flipping pages to find them.

I do that too! But I put it on a separate sheet along with the other fun stuff going on in the store like a “weekly newsletter” (I might have already posted about this)

What is NPS?

As for a SETL tip, my SETL photocopies the scannable ad coupons and puts them at the front of the book so we don't have to waste time flipping pages to find them.
I ordered these hard plastic sheet protectors similar to the idea of the bathroom check sheets and put them on all the registers next to the registers. Slipped the coupons in there every Sunday

Also NPS is net promoter score. Basically the score your store gets when someone takes a survey online

Last edited:
I ordered these hard plastic sheet protectors similar to the idea of the bathroom check sheets and put them on all the registers next to the registers. Slipped the coupons in there every Sunday

Also NPS is net promoter score. Basically the score your store gets when someone takes a survey online
I’m stealing this 😂

I guess you’re right my GE might get mad

I'm surprised mine doesn't. He probably just hasn't seen it yet because if it makes an advocates....no if it makes anyone's job easier, he says no.

Reactions: Dog
It’s a great idea, but it’s not brand. I could never get away with doing that.
Older store with the older register set up so we had this spot that was tucked away and couldn’t really be seen by the guest but easily accessible for the team. My new store has the new style and there’s no where I could hide them so I didn’t bother

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back