I'm Lost! GSTL wants me to work more hours on Thanksgiving?

I had an odd conversation with my GSTL in which she encouraged me to talk to the ETL-GE to get more hours on Thanksgiving since you get paid time and a half. However, she said not to tell the ETL that she "pushed" me to have the conversation with him as it would look like favoritism.
As of now, I am scheduled to work 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM on Thanksgiving and while it's only four hours, I'm content with it since I can have lunch and dinner with my family and relax before coming in.
I don't want to cause any problems for HR writing the schedule and I wouldn't mind not being scheduled close to 40 hours since I have 24 or so vacation hours that I would like to use up. I think the GSTL's intentions were good since she likes me and appreciates that I rarely call out, but if she won't support me on this, I don't want to risk the appearance of favoritism to everyone else.
Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this?

The SETL*** (GSTL is a deprecated term/title) was just being nice.
They want you at the store more hours because they can count on you.

If you want more hours on Thanksgiving, ask the ETL as suggested. You don't have to make mention of any conversation you had with the SETL. This is on your own.

Thanks starmaster, I'll mention it to the ETL when I get a chance.
Regarding SETL/GSTL, I still see "GSTL" as the title on the daily grid above the name of the team member who discussed this with me. It could be that our store hasn't fully modernized and that's why the position of "GSTL" still exists.

Update: Another team member can't work his shift from 4:45 PM to 9:00 PM on Thanksgiving and HR offered me the shift so I took it. The situation worked itself out without me needing to have any conversation with said ETL.
On another note, I'm kind of surprised that leadership allowed me to take his shift since they usually cross out the page for major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc.

Update: Another team member can't work his shift from 4:45 PM to 9:00 PM on Thanksgiving and HR offered me the shift so I took it. The situation worked itself out without me needing to have any conversation with said ETL.
On another note, I'm kind of surprised that leadership allowed me to take his shift since they usually cross out the page for major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc.

I picked up someone elses thanksgiving and black friday shift this year. Calling off is a big nono if someone doesn't pick the shift up, but I think most stores are fine with people trading shifts so long as all the shifts wind up getting covered by someone.

Back