Archived GSTLs and cashier "empowerment"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OP

Its in best practice that cashiers should be empowered to make reasonable changes by themselves. I would tell your cashiers that they do NOT need to call you over for small changes. If it continues to be a problem I would start coaching on it (especially the TM that refused to make the change).

I always would tell TMs they don't need to call me over for certain things, sometimes they would ask what "reasonable" entailed and I would do my best to let them know. Usually worked on most TMs and cut down the number of alerts I got.

Our cashiers are pretty good about price changes, but we do require them to call over a GSTL or GSA when they have an issue with Gift Card prompts (most of them know to try Price Inquiry first, which sometimes fixes the issue). Sundays are the worst, as there's always missed signs still up and mySupport issues that haven't been fixed yet.

We do the $5.00 Gift Card and manual $5.00 coupon anytime we need to remedy this situation within a transaction. I've been a GSA at two different stores and that's been the culture at both.

But, if I'm at Service Desk and need to issue a missed gift card, I'll usually just Price Change the items purchased up to the amount for the GC (otherwise, you'd be ringing up a 0.00 transaction, which we try to avoid...)

God, this was an issue with most of the Cashier's in my store and the GSTLs and GSAs for some reason never bothered to have chats about what they considered reasonable empowerment. They all looked at me like I grew a second head when I just started giving one or two dollar price adjustments without too much questioning, and in electronics I always did substitute percentage/pricing for attachments if we ran out of the sales item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back