Archived Guest gave positive feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweatyShirts

Backroom, Cashier, Hardlines, Instocks, TL Wannabe
Had this lady ask for assistance getting to our Redbull we had stocked on the salesfloor as I was nearly done preparing the backroom for Truck team.

For the uninitiated, that part of my job means taking pallets of vendor product and setting them out on our vendor aisle (mainly sodas and various other beverages) so they aren't cluttering the line when truck crew comes in overnight. And thus much of that aisle becomes inaccessible for guests as we near closing time.

Obviously my first instinct is to scan the location to locate product in the back but there ain't no way I'm able to reach it if she can't. So I let her know I'd try to find some in the backroom (without location info my only hope is that it's on our receiving shelving dedicated to drinks, but no dice).

After a minute of searching in vain hope I wouldn't have to move vendor pallets again, I slog back out with there with my best retail face, a pallet Jack and the somber realization I needed to again move at least 3 pallets for her.

So I set about moving them for her and then after I'm done clearing the aisle I notice that since she already had some bags of chips, some extra Snapple's for the trouble caused and now 6 individual cans of Redbull, she had better have practiced her juggling skills beforehand.

Needless to say I let her know I have a cart nearby she can use and go retrieve it (I forgot it was in fact not empty, so I quickly toss the stuff to a nearby tub).

At the end of it all she asks for my name and strolls off with her new found cart of stuff and a short 5 minutes later my LOD makes his way around to my corner of the store and tells me of the positive feedback she gave regarding my interaction with her.

All in all, that almost made up for making me have to move heaven and earth for her Redbull.

I kid, I got to close out my shift with my first positive feedback from a customer in the short time I've been working this job. Wouldn't have it any other way.

We're a bit of a smaller location so we keep furniture, seasonal, paper and pet up in the steel with no room left over for vendor.

Also I live in a smallish town that gets pretty inactive about 8 or 9 at night so foot traffic dies off pretty heavily about an hour before close.

Good job @SweatyShirts! I hope they sing your praises at the next couple of huddles. Leadership would at my store and you would probably get a Starbucks drink, too.

Still waiting on that Starbucks lol. The LOD that night has always been kind of cold and stand-offish so it doesn't surprise me nothing came of it.

Oh well, my ETL-Salesfloor and STL really like me for similar but unrelated reasons nonetheless. They've been giving me more hours whenever they can so all in all it's not bad.

Sounds like an overnight store. Starbucks wouldn't be open :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back