Archived Guest Hogging You Off The Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
How many of us here have had guests try to get you to help them while you were walking on your way out the store to go home? I have had like 3 this week already and its driving me nuts. I try walking to my car and guests will ask me if guest services is the only place they can pick up orders. I say yes and they try to tell me they're in a rush and want a different line. I told this guy yesterday that he's going to have to get in line like everyone else and he flipped out on me. All while I had my earphones on, jacket and coffee. I told him that no one here is a special snowflake and I didn't need to help him anymore. He yelled for a manager while I was walking away laughing. What a fucking jerk. Anyway, who has been held up on their way home before? Let's hear your story!

i just say im not on the clock and keep going. now if im in a fantastic mood, lol, ill direct them to a call button. but thats it. a friend saw me do this as we were leaving and he tried to say something to me about it and i explained that no, target doesnt want us doing ANY work off the clock. he was shocked because where he and i used work, he still does, you'd get in trouble for saying your off clock and not helping the person asking you.

in fact at that old job, i was shopping and a woman saw me and asked me where something was. i wasnt paying attention i wasnt in uniform so yeah i was ignoring her. so when she got my attention and i explained i wasnt on the clock so the answer was NO. she went and complained about me. i got called into the office THAT DAY, and the manager asked why i wasnt in unifrom. i explained and he said he hated people i wasnt in trouble. the end. people i tell you.

Not getting paid not answering questions.

Never even answer the first question. Don't even break stride, with headphones in I would have pretended to never even hear them..

Again not getting paid not answering questions, don't break stride.

I tend to wear a shirt under my red so I can peel off my layer of suffering when I'm on break/lunch/off and I was clocked out for lunch (ty based backroom saving me from hitting my 5th) and was heading to the lockers to pick up my wallet so as I was crossing the floor I was taking off that top shirt. A lady saw me, like actually watched me take off my shirt, and was like "hey I know you're off the clock now but-"

and I just

are you kidding me

I usually tend to say I can't help you or I'm off the clock. Then if they're rude about it I give them wrong directions if I'm pissy.

Theres a pretty long thread about this. My stores new policy is if you do choose to help the guest you can do a punch correction or take a longer break.

On our BTS one person complained a TM said "I am on my break sorry" and hence our new policy.

If I can I try to find a TM who can help the guest but most people understand or ought to if you say I am off the clock I apologize.

I made it very obvious that I was going home. Hat on. Shades on. Even if it's raining.

Never had a problem

I've been lucky that all my guests recently acknowledged that I'm off the clock because NO NAMETAG HOLY CRAP or they got embarrassed that they asked someone in a maroon shirt with headphones in where something is. I don't mind occasionally helping guests off the clock, but like if it requires more knowledge than "Where is X located" you're on your own bub.

Guest asked me for a clearance furniture item, told them I'm Off, then acted as I did say anything. TM passed by so I handed it off to them, then they ask if any in the back? It's clearance so no, local store nope....try Target.com maybe. The guest didn't thank me or the other TM. Guest asking more and more since STL keeps cutting hours on the sales floor.

Ever had one that demands your help before you even clock into your shift? I explained to her that I had to clock in first and she got all bitchy with me. There was literally another tm right near her that could have helped her instead???

Ever had one that demands your help before you even clock into your shift? I explained to her that I had to clock in first and she got all bitchy with me. There was literally another tm right near her that could have helped her instead???

I had a guest complaining to me about some stupid shit as I was walking in the doors one time. I was like, what the fuck do you want me to do about it? An ETL was within earshot, so I bit my tongue and walked away.

Same goes for the people who decide to arrive at the store during closing time or arrives at the check stand at closing.

I usually pointed them in the general direction or the area they wanted. I was always polite and said "I am off the clock now so I cant really do anymore for you but there should be a TM in that area who can help you."

I've started "talking on my phone" when I'm off the clock but on the floor and I've forgotten my camouflage. 9.9 times out of 10, nobody tries to stop me. There was one, though...there's always one...

I went bubbly grandmother mode on one lady who ignored the purse on my arm & the list in my hand.
I told her I was off the clock &, as she started to complain about me not helping even as I was looking for a nearby TM, I said "Oh, I could get FIRED for working off the clock & my family depends on me too much for THAT to happen. You wouldn't want THAT to happen, would you? That would be TERRIBLE, etc, etc"
Then handed her off to someone ON the clock.

I had just clocked out and went to get another coffee mug as the one I bought the day before had a chip in to. I grabbed the mug and was heading to the SD when a guest stopped me and asked for help. I looked around for a TM and apologized because I would get in trouble for helping off the clock. She looked at me like I was just scraped off her shoe and walked away. Not five minutes later I was in line at the SD when the same guest and the LOD marched up to me, "That's him right there. He refused to help me."

The LOD knew I had just got off work because we were joking in the TSC so she just went on to explain that I was off the clock and wasn't available to help any guest.

Sheesh, I had a jacket on and my earbuds in, but some people just won't take a hint.

I had just clocked out and went to get another coffee mug as the one I bought the day before had a chip in to. I grabbed the mug and was heading to the SD when a guest stopped me and asked for help. I looked around for a TM and apologized because I would get in trouble for helping off the clock. She looked at me like I was just scraped off her shoe and walked away. Not five minutes later I was in line at the SD when the same guest and the LOD marched up to me, "That's him right there. He refused to help me."

The LOD knew I had just got off work because we were joking in the TSC so she just went on to explain that I was off the clock and wasn't available to help any guest.

Sheesh, I had a jacket on and my earbuds in, but some people just won't take a hint.
Oh, fuck that dude. She actually got the lod and hunt you down afterwards? What a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back