Archived Guest service questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please never be afraid to just walkie GS Before you say anything. We’d rather tell you over the walkie than have a guest yell at us

Yeah I did the unfortunate thing of being at guest service and telling someone “sure you can have a rain check!” And then the system denying me lol. That was my first time ever making one so I didn’t know it even could deny you. Luckily the guest was cool about it

Yeah I did the unfortunate thing of being at guest service and telling someone “sure you can have a rain check!” And then the system denying me lol. That was my first time ever making one so I didn’t know it even could deny you. Luckily the guest was cool about it

honestly whenever I'm dealing with guests, I make sure to use phrases like "I will try to" or "if the system lets me" just to give myself an out if things don't work

Yeah when the guest seems shady and wants to use their ID for store credit, I say "well I will see what I can do", knowing full well it's gonna go to the exchange for merchandise option.

It's admirable that some people keep their receipts that long but it clearly says on those receipts what our return policy is lmao
Also, if someone doesn't have their receipt, at least on clothing items there is a little indication of how old those clothes are! You should see something like Q217 (Quarter 2, 2017) on the same tag as the DCPI and you'll know if it's been too long or not. I wish that was located somewhere on electronic items but alas...
Yeah she kept saying “I look online at the policy it said 90 days” and I was like “yeah it said MOST items can be returned within 90 days, this is an electronic so it’s 30 days.” “I wasn’t aware of that no one told me” “well it says it right here on your receipt so it’s not target’s fault you didn’t read it”

Yeah she kept saying “I look online at the policy it said 90 days” and I was like “yeah it said MOST items can be returned within 90 days, this is an electronic so it’s 30 days.” “I wasn’t aware of that no one told me” “well it says it right here on your receipt so it’s not target’s fault you didn’t read it”
Literally from our online policy:
  • All electronics and entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange. For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 30-day refund period will start on 12/26.
  • Drones must be returned within 14 days for a refund or exchange. For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 14-day refund period will start on 12/26.

Gift receipts also expire at 90/120. They have the purchase date printed on them, and the one I have in front of me says "some items have a return policy that is less than 90 days." If the regular receipt won't work, neither will the gift receipt. Your only option then is ID return if the system will allow it.

Not everything is raincheck eligible. And some items that say "no raincheck" in the ad can still generate one (found that out over Black Friday) :rolleyes:. So in HLN13's case, I would amend the wording to "you can ask at GS if it's possible to receive a raincheck" rather than "GS will give you one".

Gift receipts also expire at 90/120. They have the purchase date printed on them, and the one I have in front of me says "some items have a return policy that is less than 90 days." If the regular receipt won't work, neither will the gift receipt. Your only option then is ID return if the system will allow it.

Not everything is raincheck eligible. And some items that say "no raincheck" in the ad can still generate one (found that out over Black Friday) :rolleyes:. So in HLN13's case, I would amend the wording to "you can ask at GS if it's possible to receive a raincheck" rather than "GS will give you one".
But make sure before you do this if your store even does Rain Checks at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back