Archived Guest Service reshop hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
I was so demoralized today. We have like 20 full carts of reshop at close tonight. All full. I love the domino effect. Backroom has pulls on the line and they are backed up to the point where they can't use any equipment to get equipment. This means hardlines are all working on pulls, which in turn means nobody is grabbing reshop, which comes full circle at the service desk. I had to move 12 carts to the far check lanes full of reshop, I spent the entire day sorting when I could. 4 carts are completely unsorted. I didn't process any damages all day and I was tripping over carts of reshop it was so congested from all the carts. How the heck are we supposed to work in such conditions! I wanted to pull my hair out! Spent the entire day sorting because we have to smart sort absolutely everything. It takes forever they way they have it set up. Nobody even closes the carts anyway so I don't even see a benefit to it. Frustrating to say the least!

Don't get so stressed, I work at a store completely understaffed and we deal just fine. Have a knowledgeable cashier help you sort during the last hour of store hour help you sort. We usually sort by block during holiday season.

TLDR; it's all about stress management. worse comes to worse the opening LOD will sort it and flow will work reshop even if they hate you for it.

We have the same issue but yet it happens every Tuesday and Saturday no matter what time of year

It's due to a fact of a tl that really doesn't know how to supervise right there was only once in almost a year that their was no reshop on that tl's close and that was due to me being fed up And called the tl out about the reshop saying that for a fact it won't get done due to she allows only herself to do it but I can get it done and don't half to have the morning crew worry about it she was quiet the rest of the night and has been super nice ever since then to me but since I'm back on my regular hours I can't take care of the reshop like I usually do

N also our flow team doesn't worry about the reshot in the morning our etl is more focused on getting our stuff done 100%

We had 25 carts of reshop at closing. The flow & dayside teams worked it all out in the morning. Returns are the cash cow for gifts. It is a normal thing now. 4 more days of madness, left.

My old stores used to keep reshop on the receiving line on non-truck days and then back aisles next to chargeback and the pipes/power boxes. We would have 10 or so cars on the weekdays. 20 or on the weekends.

Some years we would have 1-2 TMs work nightside just doing reshop overnights that would work it out. But the last years I worked it changed to 1-2 seasonals working the reshop carts out during the day hours. They were not to answer calls or help with backup unless absolutely necessary....just reshop.

We had 25 carts of reshop at closing. The flow & dayside teams worked it all out in the morning. Returns are the cash cow for gifts. It is a normal thing now. 4 more days of madness, left.

Some nights, we've had 30+ carts of just hardlines. A couple Saturdays ago, we had 50! And 31 of them were toys! Most of the rest were seasonal, go figure.

And the ETL-Replenishment wonders why I hate having our guys on O/N re-shop help push the truck!

we have to smart sort absolutely everything.

I was about to thank you for using Smart Sort, but then I read this:

Nobody even closes the carts anyway

We sort carts via smartsort, but we don't do the actual reshop process via smartsort. It'd take too much time.

We sort carts via smartsort, but we don't do the actual reshop process via smartsort. It'd take too much time.

I've found it's actually faster to push re-shop using the worklist because everything is in aisle order so one doesn't have to keep going back and forth. And the worklist is especially helpful when one doesn't have a PDA (see: in the morning when pricing, backroom, and instocks have all the PDAs).

Yes...and then at least everything gets into the right damn cart instead of people thinking they know where things go. (They don't)

I've found it's actually faster to push re-shop using the worklist because everything is in aisle order so one doesn't have to keep going back and forth. And the worklist is especially helpful when one doesn't have a PDA (see: in the morning when pricing, backroom, and instocks have all the PDAs).

I wish our store would use SmartSort :( It would really help our Seasonal TMs who are always fumbling with the PDA.

I've worked 30 carts of reshop just for one department only. 25 for the entire store I could live with.

I was in an overnight process store. We made sure when we left at closing there were 5 carts of reshop left up at guest services; one for each world (Green, yellow, red, and blue) and then one for checklanes and dollar spot. Yet in the morning just before opening there would be 30 or 40 carts all over the store we would get blamed for. I KNOW it was overnight flow that was doing it but could never prove it. Those carts came from somewhere and I KNOW they were not there when I left because I scrubbed the entire store.

I was so demoralized today. We have like 20 full carts of reshop at close tonight. All full. I love the domino effect. Backroom has pulls on the line and they are backed up to the point where they can't use any equipment to get equipment. This means hardlines are all working on pulls, which in turn means nobody is grabbing reshop, which comes full circle at the service desk. I had to move 12 carts to the far check lanes full of reshop, I spent the entire day sorting when I could. 4 carts are completely unsorted. I didn't process any damages all day and I was tripping over carts of reshop it was so congested from all the carts. How the heck are we supposed to work in such conditions! I wanted to pull my hair out! Spent the entire day sorting because we have to smart sort absolutely everything. It takes forever they way they have it set up. Nobody even closes the carts anyway so I don't even see a benefit to it. Frustrating to say the least!

I dont understand why any store smart sorts and scans everything and what not. It is a COMPLETE time waster. If you are salesfloor and working reshop you SHOULD know where almost every product is, or at least what aisle its on, and from there its fairly easy to find it. And on those occasional items you dont, and you dont have a pda, use price scanner.

Now we DO use the sorting feature on the computer but we never print out the list or anything.

Last edited:
@xxTheDudexx , do not be demoralized. there is always somebody worst than you. My store didn't have an empty carts this morning for guests, they was reshop in every single cart. We have to put reshop carts in receiving. There was approx 80 carts of toys reshop alone.

Can't wait for January :)

@xxTheDudexx , do not be demoralized. there is always somebody worst than you. My store didn't have an empty carts this morning for guests, they was reshop in every single cart. We have to put reshop carts in receiving. There was approx 80 carts of toys reshop alone.

Can't wait for January :)

HOLY #$#$ no carts for guests. How is that even...Thats crazy

We didn't have carts because there were so many guests that EVERY cart was in the store. Wow!! None in the parking lot. None in the corral. O-U-T

We didn't have carts because there were so many guests that EVERY cart was in the store. Wow!! None in the parking lot. None in the corral. O-U-T

that was almost us this afternoon. LOD calling out to ca asking for carts and he said there were maybe 5 on the lot and we only had 10 on each side. When i left at 5 we were past our forecast by 40,000.

Wow, flow tm's to work abandon out??? o_O
I wish my store's flow team had the staff or strong leadership to have people to do that. It would be a huge help!

TEAM members. TEAM leads. Executive TEAM lead. District TEAM lead. Our DTL emptied the trash cans in front of the building on his way in today. Not to be a jerk, to help. Flow can do reshop. It's a mantra that they can't.

I dont understand why any store smart sorts and scans everything and what not. It is a COMPLETE time waster. If you are salesfloor and working reshop you SHOULD know where almost every product is, or at least what aisle its on, and from there its fairly easy to find it. And on those occasional items you dont, and you dont have a pda, use price scanner.

Now we DO use the sorting feature on the computer but we never print out the list or anything.

We had a smart huddle one morning this week in toys/electronics. Only none of us had PDAs because they were all in other work centers. And nothing was smart sorted because there were no lists. So it turned into a completely useless task and took us 10 times longer than it would have with the lists.

Also, it's a complete pain in the butt when the service desk people just put them in the carts they think they go in, and not the right cart. Then you are either running all over the store or it keeps getting cycled into the wrong cart until someone picks up the damn register scanner and sorts it properly.

Took some initiative tonight and smartsorted all of our toys reshop at guest service tonight. Several shopping carts and two of the three-tier carts. Printed the worklist and taped it to the carts.

My toys TMs were pretty happy about it. I think if you have a good team and they know where stuff is, smartsort lists are un-nessecary. When you're in the 4th quarter and you have a lot of seasonals, cashiers helping, people from different workcenters (market, br, softlines) doing toys reshop, the lists are helpful because you can knock out multiple aisles at a time.

As long as the service desk keeps up with it for the next week, I'll be a happy camper.

Some nights, we've had 30+ carts of just hardlines. A couple Saturdays ago, we had 50! And 31 of them were toys! Most of the rest were seasonal, go figure.

Ah, I work at a really small store. Smallest one in my city, I think we had 2 cashier closers, 1 gsa and 1 guest service as far as front-end. We left tonight with about 35 carts full of reshop lanes express 1-4 were completely full with unsorted carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back